The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 135 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#13088 - 07/19/05 04:27 PM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Even long distance grandma's are special. I am one also. My baby boy will be here soon (August). Boomer's make the nicest grand parents.
chick

#13089 - 07/20/05 01:11 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Sandpiper, what wonderful news. I've yet to make that distinction but am looking forward to it.

Chick, you're right. Boomers do make the best grandparents.

#13090 - 07/20/05 01:35 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Sandpiper, grandma ...that is surely a blessing. What a neat surprise for you! It's also a blessing they are both prepared for this child.

Do you crochet or knit? If so, it's a good time to start a baby blanket or booties, or whatever your heart desires.

If not, don't worry! Enjoy the moment and the days ahead. I'm not a grandma yet. Still, wish you & yours the best!

#13091 - 07/20/05 01:15 PM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Thanks to all, I am very excited about the prospect of being a Grandma. I'm going sometime this week with my daughter-in-law to look at baby clothes and furniture. I guess it's a tad early but I like to shop so can get a feel for what's out there.

She has her first ultrasound Aug. 11th to find a due date and if there is only one baby. She is a part of a pair. He brother died during pregnancy. So, they are not sure if they are hoping for twins or not. I'll just be happy with a healthy baby.

They seem quite different. It is amazing how they sound and act now that they know they're goig to be parents. I absolutely love it.

Thanks for all your good wishes. I am glad all who are Grandma's are having the time of your lives with yours. I also think it is the best thing.

My parents had 13 grandchildren and my mother doted on each one of them.

Thanks again,
Sandpiper

#13092 - 07/29/05 01:59 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
chickadee Offline

Well sandpiper, do you have bags and boxes all over the place yet? You think twins are possible? Double the pleasure for grandma!
chick

#13093 - 07/29/05 09:24 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Sandpiper Offline

Hey Chick,

I must admit that I have been out looking at the stores at all the beautiful tiny baby clothes, furniture, strollers, and binkies. What a surprise for me.

The clothes are so cute and huggable. The furniture has gone so high for cost that I am sure my hubby and I will have to get the bed for the kids.

The binkies---who knew there were sizes now! My children only took a binkie for about 2 months. Guess they didn't like them when they realized nothing came out. But all the sizes-amazing.

My daughter-in-law is a twin. She's part of a pair, but her brother was miscarried in the womb early on in her mothers pregnancy. So glad it didn't affect my d-i-l. I think twins are passed down through the mothers genetics so the fact that I am a twin I guess does not matter. Twins would be nice for me!!! But I guess we will just hope for a healthy little one.

They find out the due date and if it's only one or two on the 11th of August. Can't wait. Then I'll start buying things.

Oh, oh, yes, there is this video monitor that goes in the babies room so the parents can see the little one. Not just hear but both. I am definitely getting that one. Have already told my son that is mine to get.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Sandpiper

#13094 - 07/29/05 06:36 PM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I can't wait to hear if they're having twins.

#13095 - 08/02/05 03:58 PM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
chickadee Offline

A video monitor - how times have changed...for the better. Let us know all the news on August 11th. We'll be waiting.
chick

#13096 - 08/03/05 01:14 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Sandpiper Offline

Thanks everyone. I am anxiously waiting till the 11th of this month. We had lunch with the proud expecting parents Sunday. Had a great time. I can tell the prospect of being a parent has already mellowed my son and I am sure my d-i-l is full of emotions also. Poor dear is beginning to get some morning sickness at other times of the day now. I guess they have her on some sort of pill to help.

Anyway, it was an interesting meal because we talked about their preferences in raising children, schooling, how to correct them. I was pleased with all I heard. I am sure it will be an interesting, fulfilling ride for all of us.

Sandpiper

#13097 - 08/03/05 06:44 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Terri Offline

Loc: Cedar Key, Florida
Sandpiper....mega congratulations and best wishes to you and your whole family. What a special time for you! I have 7 grandchildren (long distance also...3 in Boston, 4 in Jersey) but with videos, computers, digital cameras and frequent trips, I've enjoyed all the special moments.
My girlfriend from highschool finally became a grandmother last Sept. and I've been able to share that joy with her. A whole new world is opening for you........enjoy each and every special moment!
My 11 year old first granddaughter, after 4 grandsons, is very special to us. Kaela was also a twin...my daughter suffered a miscarriage at 3 months. The dr. in the ER wanted to do a D&C (with no ultrasound done) My daughter refused, called me that night and said she still "felt" pregnant, saw her OB that week, had the ultrasound and she was indeed still pregnant...had lost one twin, but the other was fine. That was Kaela...my very first granddaughter, born the day before my birthday. Had my daughter not listened to her female intuition.....we would never even have KNOWN there was another baby. So your story about your daughter-in-law resonated with me.
Blessings to all of you and I look forward to all the upcoming details.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved