The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#130607 - 10/30/07 02:06 PM Christmas Card Exchange - 07
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies, its that popular time of the year when we announce our Christmas Card Exchange.

Participation is open to any member of this forum, and I can tell you from my own experience, you don't want to miss out on the fun!

Last year, the day would find me with my nose pressed against the storm door waiting un-patiently for the mailman. I wanted cards. I would bolt out the door when I saw their vehicle approaching hollering "gimme! gimme!"

I think I scared them. Almost without fail, and for weeks I received (as did everyone else) a new card in the mail with a sweet note, a picture, or a message of friendship. I can tell you my holiday season was enhanced by your thoughtfulness!

Please note: This year, we have opted out of the Christmas Gift Exchange. We had a couple of instances last year that drove this decision.

Christmas Card Exchange- Guidelines

If you would like to participate in the Christmas Card Exchange, here's is what I will need via email from each of you:

Your first and last name.
Your "Call" name on the site (i.e., mine is jawjaw) and email address
Your full address, City, State and Zip code.

DO NOT POST THIS INFO IN THE FORUMS! Send you info to: georgia@boomerwomenspeak.com

Around the first week in December you will receive a document by email (please make sure you give me a good, working email) with the names and addresses of all the women who have chosen to participate so you can address and send you cards.

Although I say I am, I'm not perfect. I may overlook someone. Please---LET ME KNOW...because this is FOR YOU! And we would NEVER want to leave anyone out.

If you have any questions, please send them to my email address listed above.

Edited by jawjaw (10/30/07 02:53 PM)

#130608 - 10/30/07 03:11 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

ps--When you are making out your Christmas card list this year, please include one for the following:

A Recovering American soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
Washington,D.C. 20307-5001

#130609 - 10/30/07 03:36 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Wicked fun....can't wait !!

#130610 - 10/30/07 04:35 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
I might be interested if I can get it together....we're moving Dec. 27. It does sound like fun.

However Dec.1 is way way too late for me. My cards would need to go out before Thanksgiving or maybe a bit earlier. Can you bump up the time frame?

I have a few cards left from previous years I'd love to send out. Russian Christmas isn't till January so cards aren't even available here till a week or two before. I wouldn't have but maybe one or two or three to send, but I'd love to!

#130611 - 10/30/07 06:27 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: mrs_madness]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Count me is as usual...Too good to pass up. I got so many beautiful cards and messages. I displayed them all as they came in and my home looked unbelievable.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#130612 - 10/30/07 06:40 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

I care about all you ladies but dont want you to have the cost of UK cards.So I will opt out..BUT Lola...I will sent to you...O.K.
Mountain ash

#130613 - 10/30/07 10:19 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Mountain Ash]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
As much as I'd like to, I have to opt out also. My company altered our bonus pay and I've already lost money. That's the corporate way.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#130614 - 10/30/07 11:44 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Saundra]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
OK - shameless plug here.

For those of you who want to participate but are "card challenged" you may send them through my website for:

.98 a card plus .41 postage (even you ladies overseas may do it at those prices - they are mailed from Salt Lake).

Anywho....go to http://www.easyonlinecards.com

Send ONE for free ...then I can tell you how to send more.

Hugs,
and count me in this year. (I'm in MUCH better shape this year).

danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#130615 - 10/31/07 01:03 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Danita]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Please count me in...and I don't mind sending to other countries!

Danita, you are on the ball girlfriend!

#130616 - 10/31/07 01:15 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Girls,
Please make sure you send your info to my email address so that I can have a record of it. I'm keeping them in a special folder and the email is verification that YOU sent the info to me, YOU wanted to participate, and that WE didn't just throw you name in the hat. Please do not send me a private message.

And I wanted everyone to know that we ALL have Chatty to thank for this fun card exchange. It was her idea two years ago and she is the one who gave birth to it.

THANK YOU CHATTY!!!

#130617 - 10/31/07 04:33 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Would like to participate...the e-way.

#130618 - 10/31/07 04:38 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: orchid]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I'm not sure what you mean, Orchid. Do you mean send e-cards? If so, I'm afraid we'll have to say no to that. This is for snail mail only.

If that isn't what you meant, please give a tad more explanation. Thanks!

#130619 - 11/04/07 07:46 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

The thing that concerns me about e-crads is that there have been lots of viruses running around the internet that are associated with e-cards.

#130620 - 11/04/07 09:05 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Thanks so much JJ for your always kind words....Orchid dear one, the whole idea and the fun of the Christmas card exchange is to have cards 'arriving daily in the mailbox' and then hanging them around the house etc. and re-looking at them when putting them away. An e-card would take away from all that. The gift exchange was a real blast, finding just the right gift to send and then everyone sharing what they got and even posting pictures was the best part of some of our Christmas's last year. NO gift exchange this year so the cards are all we'll have and hopefully will be special for all involved...

Come on ladies Christmas cards are pretty reasonable and stamps aren't that bad, but the messages the ladies write inside are priceless, and special, and last all year long...

Edited by chatty lady (11/04/07 09:10 PM)

#130621 - 11/05/07 12:46 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
ladyjane Offline

I can't think of anything more special than the privelege of sending cards to my new friends. I am soooo excited! If anyone is concerned about expense, it would be me...I don't know how I can afford anything this year (times are very lean for us...new business, etc.) but I will make it a priority.....hey it's my first Christmas with all you beautiful ladies...to receive just one card would do my heart so much good!

#130622 - 11/06/07 01:33 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: ladyjane]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I have already sent my email to JJ to count me in again this year. Receiving Christmas cards from all you wonderful ladies brought a warmth and special feel to Christmas last year.

It was exciting to receive the cards and their special messages written on the inside. So glad we are doing it again this year. I also think it is worth the price to send to all of our friends here at the best place on line.
www.tidedancer.com

#130623 - 11/06/07 02:36 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Sandpiper]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I love getting Xmas cards...Any kind will do. heh heh

#130624 - 11/06/07 08:15 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh my Hannelore naughty girl, and jingle balls, OOPS! I mean jingle bells to you too....heh, heh!!!

Edited by chatty lady (11/06/07 08:16 PM)

#130625 - 11/06/07 08:26 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
ladyjane Offline

I know what kind of a Christmas card I'm getting for you, Hannelore.....you just wait

#130626 - 11/06/07 10:50 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I'm laughing already. I can just see Hannelore getting all these fun-rated cards. Notice I said fun and not X. Perhaps those words are interchangable.

#130627 - 11/07/07 07:07 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
OMG, Hannelore!!! I say, I say. If Angels looked like that, show me the way to Heaven. I promise to be good.

#130628 - 11/07/07 08:28 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Lola]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I promise to be bad

Poet and essayist

#130629 - 11/07/07 12:46 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss Offline

I promise to be horny

#130630 - 11/07/07 12:53 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

I promise to make it so!

#130631 - 11/07/07 05:59 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Good grief...I leave you gals alone for a few days and what happens? You resort to half-nakkkkkid men? (You gotta luv that in these women)...

Hurry up everyone....get your names to me if you want to be counted in for the Christmas Card Exchange List! Not many days left to enter your name and address. Bumper crop this year! Wuhoo!

#130632 - 11/21/07 11:33 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I'm bringing this back up because we have one more week before the MAILING LIST is sent out. Please get your name, email address and CALL NAME (such as jawjaw) to me asap!

Go to the first page of this thread to read the instructions.

All of you new people...I just bet you would love to get in on this. It is so much fun! Am I right girls?

#130633 - 11/21/07 11:36 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Absolutely JJ. It is always the best part on my holiday, all the beautiful cards with the wonderful messages the ladies write inside. You won't want to miss this ladies, really!!!

#130634 - 11/22/07 12:17 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Sounds like fun! I can't resist. I just ask anyone here on the site, who I trust, to keep my address secret! I hide a lot and want to be able to.
I'm in,
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#130635 - 11/22/07 12:47 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

That is totally great, dancer9! You'll need to go to the beginning of this post and read the instructions and make sure you get your "info" to me. I'm so glad you're joining in the fun. You will be so tickled!

#130636 - 11/22/07 12:51 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

It's such a great idea, Jaw Jaw. You were a great idea too. I'm glad your parents made you! You make me laugh, it's great.
dancer

#130637 - 11/22/07 01:14 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
Danita Offline

JJ,

Is there ANY chance of getting the names in an excel spreadsheet. (smiles weakly)

danita

#130638 - 11/22/07 01:35 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Danita]
AmyDoodle Offline

Loc: South Carolina
LOL-My husband calls them Exhale Spread Sheets--he can tell when I mess one up because I always heave a big sigh of frustration.

Hopefully I'm not too late, but I'm in. I'm new, so it'll be a great opportunity to meet some of you personally. I can't wait!

#130639 - 11/22/07 02:00 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: AmyDoodle]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Yuhooo....Happy T Day gals...Today we get to overeat! Heck, its expected. What a great day, eh? Only in America!

Okay, we are having people sign up here and there and I for one am so tickled. I'm telling you all, you won't believe how you get hooked on receiving a personal cards and messages practically once a day from one of the women here. It is so exciting and fun. And heart-warming...and happy, an---okay, okay...anyhoo...more and more are signing up and if you don't want to miss out, please make sure you to go the beginning post and read the "constructions" as my boys used to call it, and send me the info required.

Ms D...I have everything in an EXHALE spreadsheet but usually send it out in WORD because not everyone has Excel, but everyone usually (or so far) has WORD. Howeversomeever, anybody who would like to have it in Excel is more than welcome to receive it that way. I would be happy to send them the Excel file.

Let's do this. Let me send out the "regular" listing, then if you want it in Excel, reply to the email you get asking for the Excel file and I'll send the other file. Can do?

#130640 - 11/22/07 02:02 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Ladies,
I'm putting the ORIGINAL post about the cards in here because some people are new and haven't figured out how to manipulate the post. So...for anyone new wishing to participate, here is what the Christmas Card "thang" is all about:

Ladies, its that popular time of the year when we announce our Christmas Card Exchange.

Participation is open to any member of this forum, and I can tell you from my own experience, you don't want to miss out on the fun!

Last year, the day would find me with my nose pressed against the storm door waiting un-patiently for the mailman. I wanted cards. I would bolt out the door when I saw their vehicle approaching hollering "gimme! gimme!"

I think I scared them. Almost without fail, and for weeks I received (as did everyone else) a new card in the mail with a sweet note, a picture, or a message of friendship. I can tell you my holiday season was enhanced by your thoughtfulness!

Please note: This year, we have opted out of the Christmas Gift Exchange. We had a couple of instances last year that drove this decision.

Christmas Card Exchange- Guidelines

If you would like to participate in the Christmas Card Exchange, here's is what I will need via email from each of you:

Your first and last name.
Your "Call" name on the site (i.e., mine is jawjaw) and email address
Your full address, City, State and Zip code.

DO NOT POST THIS INFO IN THE FORUMS! Send you info to: georgia@boomerwomenspeak.com

Around the first week in December you will receive a document by email (please make sure you give me a good, working email) with the names and addresses of all the women who have chosen to participate so you can address and send you cards.

Although I say I am, I'm not perfect. I may overlook someone. Please---LET ME KNOW...because this is FOR YOU! And we would NEVER want to leave anyone out.

If you have any questions, please send them to my email address listed above.

#130641 - 11/23/07 03:31 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
Danita Offline

JJ,

YOU rule! I can upload the contacts right into my online address book with excel! wooo hooo!

you made my day.

Gobble Gobble said my overstuffed belly!

Hugs,

danita

#130642 - 11/23/07 01:49 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Danita]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I participated in this last year and it was the highlight of our Christmas - even hubby loved checking the mail every day to see what corner of the world we were hearing from that day!

Because of our travel plans, I can't participate this year - but would encourage anyone else to do this. It's such a treat! I still have all the cards from last year and will put them out on display again...to tide me over until next year when I can participate again!

(Maya Angelou)

#130643 - 11/24/07 12:28 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

I sent in my info. Again, great idea! Opps, it came back!
I'll have to check this out...
dancer9

Edited by dancer9 (11/24/07 12:53 AM)

#130644 - 11/24/07 10:23 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dancer if it won't go through, send it to my email and I'll make sure JJ gets it...

#130645 - 11/24/07 11:15 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I think we got it taken care of through private messages Chats, but if not, that's an excellent idea. Thanks for offering!

#130646 - 11/25/07 12:26 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Okay Chatty, thank you!!
dancer

#130647 - 11/25/07 12:31 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Ladies,
If you plan to participate, please get your info to me within the next couple of days! Dancer, have you tried sending me the info again? If so, and if it bounced, just PM it to me. I need to get the list done. Thanks!

Edited by jawjaw (11/25/07 12:31 PM)

#130648 - 11/25/07 05:52 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i have done and thanks for such a speddie reliey i reallie was impreses jj

#130649 - 11/25/07 10:13 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: celtic_flame]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Just so you'll know...the following CALL names are the ones I have participating in the Christmas Card Exchange, so far. PLEASE READ THESE. If I have left out your name, please let me know. I hope I haven't done that, but if I have, I want to make sure you're included...remember, I'm old...be kind. So here they are as of today, and in NO particular order:

AmyDoodle
Anno
dancer
Lgood67334
diamond50
Sandpiper
danita
Dotsie
jawjaw
LadyJane
Chatty Lady
Hannelore
God's Little Pencil
hotflashgal
celtic_flame
gimster
Poppie
yonuh
Vicki M. Taylor

Here's the thing. If you've mentioned HERE in the forums that you want to participate, but forgot to send me your INFO, then you won't see your name on here. Please send it. I have to have your permission to include you and the email with your info included fills that need.

Now if you are ON the list and wish to be removed, I would ask that you simply send me an email indicating so. This event works if you all help to keep me straight! LOL! Now, if you know of anyone who participated last year and maybe they haven't been around for a bit, please let them know that they need to get their info to me this week. Can do?

I'm so excited!

#130650 - 11/27/07 04:41 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Reminder...................tick tock...tick tockkkk.

#130651 - 11/27/07 04:54 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
mscoach Offline

Loc: Hampton Bays, NY
Gosh the pressure is on the clock is ticking and where the hell have I been during all of this? You women folk have to stop creating such interesting forum topics because I am not keeping up. Okay is it too late? I'm a mail fanatic and I can relate to Da Queen about stalking the mailman. Hmm, maybe that's why we keep getting new ones..
Anyway I will send the requisite info to the email address mentioned in the long ago post. If I can get in I'd love to and if it's too late then I shall rent my gym garments and take to my coach. Or just wait til next year.
Hopefully yours,
mscoach

#130652 - 11/27/07 05:16 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: mscoach]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

You're in mscoach....this train couldn't leave the station without ya....

Anybody else? Come one...come all! Allllll aboarddddd!

#130653 - 11/27/07 11:50 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

JJ is good, isn't she mscoach?? Join in....I'm so excited because this is my first Christmas card exchange with the boomer sistahs!! I can't wait....what fun. I feel like I have such beautiful friends now!!

#130654 - 11/28/07 02:13 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: ladyjane]
mscoach Offline

She is good and me thinks it's true of all of you.
And I am really excited albeit I've not even designed never mind printed my cards yet. Oy, more pressure but the kind I love truth be told.
G

#130655 - 11/28/07 12:46 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: mscoach]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Would somebody help me get my ego...ah, I mean head through the door? Girls...you have to stop, I'm blushing he-ah (said realllll Southern)

Designed your cards? OMGosh...you can design cards? I wish...I do good to buy them..and get them in the mail before the season is over...LOL!

#130656 - 11/28/07 05:14 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Ladies....we have until Friday to get your name to me for the card exchange.
Don't delay!
Send me your details today!
Look! I'm a poet!
My feet show it!
Their Longfellows!

LOL! Sorry, I couldn't resist. Friday morning...last chance! The email goes out on Friday!

#130657 - 11/28/07 05:44 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Here Here, Jaw Jaw, me too! But, I have my own custom cards made for me now and again with my own writing on them for occasions when I need one. For example, birthdays, etc..
I just have them made by an artist I know and she uses my words but all of them are different and designed, ready to go! It works great!
dancer

#130658 - 11/28/07 07:18 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

JJ, I can't believe you know that same silly joke Mom recited...over and over again.

Dancer, your cards sound so cool. I can't wait to get one!

#130659 - 11/28/07 07:19 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07
dancer9 Offline

Dotsie,
I don't have custom Christmas cards... Just those for other occasions! I didn't think of getting them for Christmas.

dancer

#130660 - 11/28/07 08:00 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07
dancer9 Offline

thinking about it, Dotsie, I can send one along with the Christmas card...
Dancer9

Edited by dancer9 (11/28/07 08:01 PM)

#130661 - 11/28/07 08:00 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I have custom cards made just for me by a friend and they all have ELVIS on them, or something pertaining to da King...somehow, I think Dotsie and/or Danita would kill me if I sent those...so I'll do store-bought. I applaud anyone talented enough to do the custom ones though. Wuhoo!

#130662 - 11/28/07 11:50 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Why would they kill you? I'd think those cards would be a hoot! Furthermore, it's an expression of your personality

Poet and essayist

#130663 - 11/29/07 01:36 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I have to agree with Meredith JJ...

#130664 - 11/29/07 08:57 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

JJ,do you have the Elvis's Christmas Gospel CD? I bet you do. I just love that CD, and play it even past the Christmas season. I would love an Elvis card from you. He's part of Christmas for me.

Oh, and thanks JJ for making this Christmas card exchange possible. Yahooooo, Can't wait for the postman to bring em all.

#130665 - 11/29/07 02:54 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Edelweiss]
celtic_flame Offline

elvis can be part of anything you chose him to be lol. Lucien calls him uncle elvis it dose get a bit embarissing in public but hay do i reallie care

#130666 - 11/29/07 02:55 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

oh when do the e-mails with the adresses go out, iv got my cards bought in. but no elvis unforunitily

#130667 - 11/30/07 02:17 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: celtic_flame]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Ahh...you babes are so sweet. And yes, I have the Christmas CD...and his gospel. Amazing, aren't they?

The email and addresses for the cards will go out tomorrow, Lord willing and the creek don't rise...(old Southern saying)

Edited by jawjaw (11/30/07 02:18 AM)

#130668 - 11/30/07 02:35 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
nevadaangel Offline

Count me in too, Sorry girls i havent been around for a while, but iam going to do better and join you girls in chats again and more often,
Donna
aka nevadaangel

#130669 - 11/30/07 03:05 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: nevadaangel]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Welcome back Donna...I have your info, you're IN gal! Wuhoo!

#130670 - 11/30/07 05:17 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Ladies,
This is the last chance to get in on the CCExchange. I'm doing the email now to go out, so if you want to participate and haven't sent your info to me, please do so now!

#130671 - 12/01/07 12:05 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

THE LETTER.................SHE HAS GONE OUT!

Check your mailboxes!

#130672 - 12/01/07 11:26 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks. It arrived yesterday!

#130673 - 12/01/07 02:19 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

A big thank you to Orchid for sharing her photos!

#130674 - 12/01/07 04:41 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Great JJ! Now I have to decide if I send a naughty or nice card.

Thank you Orchid. That is so sweet of you to let us peek into your life. You and your partner make a handsome couple.

#130675 - 12/01/07 06:42 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Orchid,I very much enjoyed the photos you shared with the site. You make a lovely couple and you are a lovely woman!

I can tell how happy you both are together by the way you are together, a picture tells all!

Thanks!
dancer9

#130676 - 12/01/07 09:32 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Joyeaux Noel!
Looking at those photos only 3 years ago, so much has changed.

By the way some photos were taken in New Mexico in Sante Fe area and in the artist's, Georgia O'Keefe's old stomping ground where there are amazing colour mountain formations. Canada doesn't have Spanish colonial history in much of its past, so we found it really cool to see its influence in Southwest US.

But definitely, first slide, the aboriginal art...is Northwest Pacific Coast. The headpiece is in a museum, that I often ride by every weekend day in a 40 kms. ride within city ...but near Pacific Spirit Regional Park. Yes, there are soaring Douglas fir trees, a beautiful Japanese manicured garden just 5 min. walk away from aboriginal museum. And snow-topped mountains (right now) vistas from this area and the ocean.

#130677 - 12/02/07 12:37 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: orchid]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

ALL....please take Donna Stevens name off the list. She has asked to be removed. THANKS!

#130678 - 12/02/07 02:25 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

All---please make sure you do NOT have my email address blocked and that it is on your approved senders listing.

#130679 - 12/02/07 06:42 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
FYI - I received my list

#130680 - 12/02/07 08:05 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Ladies,
I have sent you one name to removed from the list, and today, I sent you one name to ADD to the list, Optimumsteps...I asked in each email that you please reply and let me know that you received her address. If you don't get the email, please let me know! We're so happy you've decided to join in Cathi! Wuhooo!

#130681 - 12/03/07 01:15 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I've heard from 13 of you that you received the email about the additional person. If you get the chance, would the remaining ones please let me know! I want to get a warm fuzzy....thanks!

#130682 - 12/03/07 12:49 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Still haven't heard back from the following people that you got the addition for the mailing list. Yuhooooo....gimme a shout, people! I need to know you got the email, k?

Hannelore
Dotsie
Celtic
Poppie
mscoach
danita
god's little pencil
hotflashgal
dancer9
gimster

#130683 - 12/03/07 04:31 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

dancer9 got the email..
dancer9

#130684 - 12/03/07 04:47 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Ladies, PLEASE.............send me an email (as requested) so that I have a record of it.

This way, if any questions come up, AND THEY WILL, I have a complete record in ONE place.

#130685 - 12/03/07 05:55 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Wuhoo! We're down to:

mscoach
danita
gimster

Once I hear from these babes that they received the deletion AND addition, I promise to stop pestering everybody. Hugs,

Warden JJ

#130686 - 12/04/07 01:06 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

I received your notices.
Thanks

#130687 - 12/04/07 03:33 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: gims]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Thanks for adding me on the list your Majesty! I am thrilled beyond belief.

Love and Cheers,
Cathi

#130688 - 12/04/07 03:34 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Wisdom&Life]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

The thrill was all mine, girlfriend! Glad you could join us...we've missed having you around the boards!

#130689 - 12/04/07 03:39 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
Wisdom&Life Offline

OMG, you are so fast! Just pass me some of that energy!!!

#130690 - 12/04/07 03:51 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Wisdom&Life]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Honey, I'm like bird poop....everywhere!

#130691 - 12/04/07 03:09 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I'm down to hearing from ONE person, and I won't mention any names, but she COULD be a rep for Arbonne...and sell greeting cards.

Yuhooooo....hey hun...did you get it?

#130692 - 12/05/07 12:35 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
Danita Offline

ok, ok...you gals are sooo pushy.

I've been writting cards - can you tell I have crampy hands? lol (just kidding)

listen to this:

it might take your mind off of (ahem) me.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GQyXWllz5Ao

#130693 - 12/05/07 12:56 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Danita]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Thanks babe...that was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. LOVED IT! You have officially been taken off the hit list. LOL!

#130694 - 12/05/07 01:51 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh my, talk about me and you JJ being the mush sisters! Sniffle!! That was so beautiful Danita, the train going around the tree, the candy canes popping up and that tiny little voice singing. Thats the spirit of Christmas in a nutshell...
Mailed my Christmas cards yesterday...Boy am I ever on the ball or what?

Edited by chatty lady (12/05/07 01:53 AM)

#130695 - 12/05/07 12:16 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
ladyjane Offline

Awww, the video started my day out perfectly but I'm weepy now! Wow, Chatty, your cards are out already??? Sorry to say I haven't even started.

#130696 - 12/05/07 04:20 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Cards? Cards? Mailed? Ahhhh...I know I have them here somewhere...hmm....girls, don't run to the mailbox for mine, yet....LOL!

#130697 - 12/05/07 06:00 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Mine will also be later. I go along through the Christmas season sending cards along the way... It puts me in the Christmas mood and let's me take my time in sending the cards! This way, I can also get to know you all better as I write them.!
dancer9

#130698 - 12/05/07 09:44 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
GodsLittlePencil Offline

Loc: Nebraska
I can't imagine why my name is still on this list. I sent you a reply when I first got the list. I sent another one when I saw my name posted in the forum the 1st time. Soooo, I'll try it AGAIN on here and see if you get it this time.

Count me in. Sounds like fun.

Joan
www.sunshinehugs.com
Shop 'til you drop at my on line gift store. Free shipping through Dec. 13th.

Joan

www.sunshinehugs.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iprayers

#130699 - 12/05/07 10:28 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: GodsLittlePencil]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Georgia, did you see this?

#130700 - 12/05/07 10:43 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Just did, Dotsie...thanks. Joan, the list was posted BEFORE I got email confirmation that you received the name to add to the mailing list.

You are on the list, have been on it from the get-go...the reason you name was on the list IN HERE (note the date on it) was because I had NOT received an email from you saying you had received the 3rd email from me, which said, add Cathi's name to the list. I had to make sure that everybody got the email, otherwise, Cathi would not receive cards.

Once I got your name, I adjusted my list and if you'll notice, the only name that was "called out" on here AFTER THAT, was Danita....and then there were none! So everybody that wanted to participate is on the list..........and I got notice from everybody that they received the 2nd email taking the name off, and the 3rd email adding another name.

All is well......

#130701 - 12/06/07 01:03 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
yonuh Offline

Got my first card today! Yippeee - it has begun. LOL
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#130702 - 12/07/07 02:42 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: yonuh]
AmyDoodle Offline

Got my first card this afternoon. This is exciting! I can't wait to send mine out. I'm shooting for this weekend.

#130703 - 12/07/07 02:45 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: AmyDoodle]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I got one too, and I haven't even bought mine yet. Help!

#130704 - 12/07/07 11:04 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I haven't got one yet but sent mine earlier this week. I had some fun too. On the Authors Society, an all writers site I am the Moderator of, there is a women in her 70's who fell and broke her shoulder and can't use the computer. I also started a Christmas card exchange there this year which she was going to be in but now she can't. I know her address so I wrote out a card to each of the other members, signed her name and return address, and mailed them. She will be getting a card from each person and not know how or why... I figured she could use some cheering up, plus it was fun for me. I wish I could see her face, I've told no one about it except for you guys.

I really have the Christmas spirit this year, more than I can remember having in some years now. I think it was because Thanksgiving was so wonderful this year...

Edited by chatty lady (12/07/07 11:09 PM)

#130705 - 12/08/07 03:34 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
gims Offline

I received my first today. Hope to get mine out SOON!

#130706 - 12/08/07 05:30 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: gims]
Danita Offline

WOooo Hoooooo!

Got my first card from Chatty today.

Thank you so much my friend!

danita

#130707 - 12/08/07 06:57 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Danita]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I haven't received any yet, but I am slowly making my way through the list. When I have them all ready, I will mail them all at once.

Way to go Chatty, can't wait for Nevada mail to reach Minnesota.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#130708 - 12/08/07 09:18 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Danita]
Edelweiss Offline

Sent all mine today!!!Hope they don't take as long as they did last year to cross that big blue sea.

#130709 - 12/08/07 11:55 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I've mailed a few since I wanted to get the overseas gals in the mail. Haven't received any yet. My mailwoman looks scared...she must know its time for the Boomer Women Speak Christmas Card thang....the whimp...LOL!

#130710 - 12/08/07 12:15 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

Good point...our overseas ladies need their cards out NOW! I am so behind! My goal is to have the cards done this weekend. Anyone think I can achieve that??? Depends on may things but I'm gonna try! Oh and I received Chatty's card the other day and it felt like someone gave me a pot of gold. I saw the return label and wanted to run up my long driveway (I didn't because of the ice and snow and I've already tumbled twice). It was very special and made my heart light...soooo much fun!

#130711 - 12/08/07 06:25 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Anno]
dancer9 Offline

My cards will not go our all at once..
They will go out as I write them!
See you all in your mail boxes!
dancer

#130712 - 12/09/07 01:09 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
AmyDoodle Offline

I'm keeping the envelopes with the cards so I can keep straight which ones came from where. This is so much fun! I'm working on getting mine out this weekend, but it might be the first of the week. Ladyjane if you can do it I can--but no more tumbling routines, young lady! Dancer, I can't wait to meet you at the mailbox!

#130713 - 12/09/07 11:40 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: AmyDoodle]
celtic_flame Offline

i am feeling guiltie becouse i havent posted mine and know it take longer to get to usa and europe than what i am used to budjeting time wise for,i gotta get going aswell ladie jane. lol

#130714 - 12/09/07 02:06 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: celtic_flame]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Make sure you put extra postage on the ones going overseas....duh, mine were returned to me because I didn't put enough...AND I KNEW BETTER. Everybody! All together! DUHHHHHHH!

I'll be mailing them AGAIN tomorrow.

#130715 - 12/09/07 02:14 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

I've had great intentions this weekend....LOL!!! That's all they've been. I was standing in the dark with lights wrapped around me last night!!! I had a very grinchy look on my face, too.

#130716 - 12/09/07 03:44 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: ladyjane]
Edelweiss Offline

Aaaaw JJ....that’s auwight. I may have sent my cards out already, but my desk has been acclaimed as a national disaster area. I have to clean up, but I don't want to. (Pout)

#130717 - 12/09/07 04:07 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Edelweiss]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Here's the way I look at it. If a card does not get to me before Christmas, then I have something to look forward to after Christmas.

This is fun! This truly makes this time of year enjoyable and ulcer free!

Cheers,
Cathi

#130718 - 12/09/07 05:43 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Anno Offline

Yes, the cards can arrive at any time they feel like it. How nice to get a surprise card in January.

Well, here is what I found out about postage. Hawaii costs the same as within the 48. That surprised me.

From the US to German, Northern Ireland and Great Britian (oh, that's an aside, no one from the UK signed up, did they) it is 90 cents, as long as it is a normal sized envelope.

Mine will go out tommorow. One and all. I am interested in knowing how long they take to different parts of the world.

#130719 - 12/09/07 05:46 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Anno]
dancer9 Offline

Mine are going our slowly but surely...taking time to think of everyone as who they are..
I might be late with some, but I think I'll make it!
dancer9

#130720 - 12/09/07 08:23 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

My dear friend Danitas card was in mailbox yesterday. I was thrilled, I only wish I was as special as her hand writtern notes make me sound.

I called the 800 number for the overseas rates this year, goofed last year and had to readdress new envelopes and resend. Bummer!! Been meeting the mailman at the box, he must think I am either very needy or very blessed...LOL

Edited by chatty lady (12/09/07 08:25 PM)

#130721 - 12/09/07 11:27 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

I have received Chatty's and JawJaw's cards. Thank you both for the lovely thoughts and wishes.

Mine are all going out tomorrow in the morning. I absolutely love getting all of your cards. My family brings them in dutifully and says, "Here you go, another BWS card. Aren't you special?" I get excited and say, "Why, yes I am." Thanks all of you for the love from this board.

Sandpiper
www.tidedancer.com

#130722 - 12/11/07 01:16 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Sandpiper]
gims Offline

Mine went out today... and I got a couple, too. Brought me cheer I wasn't expecting.

#130723 - 12/11/07 04:23 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: gims]
Danita Offline

Thanks ladies for all the encouragement. Believe it or not, it helps to know others have gone before me and have gotten through it - and that I'm not alone.

To top off your kind words, my phone rang yesterday as Mark and I were headed to the mall for Christmas cheer. It was Chatty calling to encourage me. How sweet is that. I don't like to talk on the phone when I am in the car with someone - but could NOT resist the opportunity to chat with chatty. I got off the phone and appologized to Mark - explaining why chatty called. He just shook his head, "you women are just so......supportive of each other". LOL.

Isn't that the truth!

Thank God for girlfriends!

hugs,

danita

#130724 - 12/11/07 11:20 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Danita]
Danita Offline

OOPS - this post was saposed to be under "greiving the loss of a marriage and family".

:0)

danita

#130725 - 12/12/07 09:55 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Danita]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Ladies, our Danita is a gem. I spoke with her by phone yesterday about her card business. We have met a couple times when she has been in town. I adore who she is, how she is choosing to manage her children at this difficult time, and I adore her faith.

#130726 - 12/12/07 12:18 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07
Anno Offline

Whew..., thanks for the second post Danita, I could not figure out what you were talking about and I thought it's finally happened; I have lost my mind.

I have received four cards so far, and ladies, you were right. It's so much fun. I am happily surprised.

Oh, and mine went out last night. I am interested in knowing how long they take to get to all the different spots.

Have a terrific day, one and all.

#130727 - 12/12/07 04:27 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Anno]
celtic_flame Offline

i sighned up anno lol this is still part of the uk postal system. i had one from hawie, one from long island, thanks ladies.

#130728 - 12/13/07 01:12 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: celtic_flame]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I got a Elvis card! I got a Elvis card! (Short fluffy woman dancing around in circles, it ain't pretty)

Wuhoo! Is this fun or what?

#130729 - 12/13/07 01:14 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Lyrics to go with Jaw Jaw's card:

Calling Elvis, is anybody home?
Calling Elvis, can he come to the phone?

I'm callin, just to wish him well,
Can I leave my number? Heartbreak Hotel.
Calling Elvis, I'm here all alone,
Return to sender, treat me like a fool!

---Dire Straits "Calling Elvis"

Edited by dancer9 (12/13/07 01:21 AM)

#130730 - 12/13/07 10:13 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

They are really coming in now, I laughed at the one from Diamond in Hawaii, it was hysterical and of course JJ's, thought I would split the seam on my jeans. The card and the envelope fron Dancer was shiny and looked like silk, so fancy. I have half a door full already, I am arranging them in the letters MC on my den door where they can be well seen. I love this stuff, I truly do.

#130731 - 12/14/07 01:41 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

oops! Sorry ladies, but my cards left the post office last night late. Just couldn't get the time to drive there and get them out. So they are on the way to all of you lovely people!

I am so enjoying receiving all the beautiful cards. Loving the inserted sayings and such. Blessings!

Sandpiper
www.tidedancer.com

#130732 - 12/14/07 05:44 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
For some reason I just noticed this now. It's kind of late but do send me the addresses as I may be able to send some out.
thanks,
Kate

#130733 - 12/14/07 05:58 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Sandpiper]
dancer9 Offline

I'm still working on mine, but they will be out, I think, before Christmas!
dancer9

#130734 - 12/14/07 06:37 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
ladyjane Offline

Forgive me also....I just wrote the last one! So, at least you know that they're all together and moving along....oh and Kate, if you'd like a card, PM me your address....I'd be honored!

#130735 - 12/14/07 06:56 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: ladyjane]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Hi ladies,

I am enjoying the cards and thank you!

If you are like me and can't bare to depart with them year after year, I found a site with ideas on how to recycle them. It's really neat, Christmas Card Crafts. Just scroll down and you will see some ideas for being creative with Christmas Cards.

Cheers,
Cathi

#130736 - 12/14/07 09:54 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Wisdom&Life]
gims Offline

Me too kate, but you will have to go through jawjaw (she's probably busier than a cranberry merchant in season, though)... I have taken my email address down for personal reasons. If it doesn't happen, let it be known that I wish you the warmest of Holiday Feelings!!!!!

Boy, I received a handful today - totally unexpected - so many on one day!!! My postlady must have been saving them up. THANKS girls... I agree this is so much fun.

Edited by gimster (12/15/07 02:25 AM)

#130737 - 12/18/07 10:39 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: gims]
Sandpiper Offline

Cathi the site for Christmas Card Crafts is fantastic! I saw the baskets and remembered my great grandmother and I used to sit and make them during the year. What a wonderful thing for me to find the pattern now so I can get others making them.

Sitting here reading this thread gives me a feeling of contentment because we all are reaching out touching our sisters through cards and the wonderful messages contained within. Blessings to all of you.
Sandpiper
www.tidedancer.com

#130738 - 12/18/07 11:01 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Sandpiper]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh and does my front door ever look beautiful, adorned with all the bright colored Christmas cards. Everyine that stops by says "my God," you must have so many friends. I just shake my head, smile and say, "yep but these are all from my SISTERS!"

#130739 - 12/18/07 11:57 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

My home is lovely too! So many more cards than usual!
dancer9 needs two doors!

#130740 - 12/19/07 12:44 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I am smiling from ear to ear. I just got a card from Hannelore full of photographs of her family, her mom and herself, THANK you so very much, what a nice surprise.

And also a huge hug and THANK you for the card from GodsLittlePencil/Joan, with a gift card for her store. I will be shopping soon too. Yippee, I love this stuff...

Edited by chatty lady (12/19/07 01:10 AM)

#130741 - 12/19/07 01:05 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

You ladies have outdone yourselves this year with the cards. The messages warm my heart, and the pictures, poems, and such, make my day. My mailwoman has caught on and now she actually brings me my mail every day. She says, "Oh look! You got another one!" We may have to make her an honorary boomer! ha!

LONG LIVE BWS!

#130742 - 12/19/07 01:52 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Sandpiper, when I first found this site the first thing I thought of was to post it here. If nothing else, other ideas can spin off the ideas already posted. I was actually looking for free crochet patterns and found this site. I wanted to use some of my nervous energy and crochet some Christmas gift bags, LOL.

Ho Ho Ho! I am loving the inserts!

Cheers,
Cathi

#130743 - 12/19/07 02:52 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
GodsLittlePencil Offline

Loc: Nebraska
Thank all of you so much for welcoming me into your BWS family'. A while back I read how you waited for the mail to arrive with great anticipation of the next card. I was amused with myself when I discovered that I was doing the exact same thing.

I don't have time to be here too often, but I look forward to every message.

I feel like such an "under" acheiver compared to all of you. You seem to be so successful and I'm just getting started. Truthfully, I'm a starving beginner.

Thank you for all of your help and suggestions. I'd like for you to stop by and check out my web site www.sunshinehugs.com. You can see for yourself that I have taken many of your suggestions. Others are still a work in progress.

God's Little Pencil,

Joan

www.sunshinehugs.com

Joan

www.sunshinehugs.com

#130744 - 12/19/07 03:07 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: GodsLittlePencil]
Danita Offline

had TEN more cards in my box today - how much fun it was to open each one. Thank you so much. I haven't received a SINGLE card this year from anyone but the boomer babes. What's that all about???? LOL

hugs to ya sisters!

danita

#130745 - 12/19/07 02:57 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Danita]
Edelweiss Offline

I'm hanging the cards on our livingroom door frame.

They look so puuuuurty.

#130746 - 12/19/07 06:11 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Wisdom&Life]
dancer9 Offline

Crochet? Did someone say that?
I can't do it, I can knit. If anyone can crochet me an throw, please PM me! I don't mind paying!
dancer9

#130747 - 12/19/07 06:20 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

It's my first year and yes, it's a wonderful experience. I'm glad I did it!
dancer9

#130748 - 12/19/07 06:21 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Dancer, I sent you a PM.

Cheers,
Cathi

#130749 - 12/19/07 06:38 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
ladyjane Offline

Well, usually....most often....I hang my cards on a wall but THIS time, I have to admit, they're all in a little basket. I take them out all the time and look at them all over again. Hmmm....I do have to get them up so that all can see how wonderful they are rather than hoarding them to myself!

#130750 - 12/19/07 06:43 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Mine are all over my coat closet and the walls near it!
It's quite the display!
dancer9

#130751 - 12/20/07 03:48 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
My cards are being proudly displayed on the ledge between my dining room and living room, but I am running out of space. My daughter who gets the mail each day is amazed!

#130752 - 12/20/07 04:03 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: hotflashgal]
Princess Lenora Offline

I did not get involved this year due to too much on my mind but I would like to next year. How do I get started?

#130753 - 12/20/07 07:58 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Princess Lenora]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
I've been receiving the cards...wonderful cards!!
Hannelore, your pictures are absolutely beautiful; thanks for sharing : )

Cindy

#130754 - 12/20/07 10:07 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: diamond50]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Got hotflashgals card today...I love all the sweet messages.

Lynnie next year, as this year, JJ or someone will announce that we are starting the list and those interested will send her their information. She correlates the names and addresses and then after the final day, we all get a copy of the list of the names of the participants, and thats who we send cards to.

I already saw some lovely cards marked down to half price and bought several boxes to put away for next year. I also buy books of stamps throughout the year and save them, so I have a bunch when the time comes. I also order my personalized labels, this way if the list is a long one, the expense is spread out over the year, not all at once at Christmas. Being an efficiency expert has its advantages which of course I happily share with you all...

#130755 - 12/20/07 05:46 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Let me go on record here:
I love Chatty's wisdom!
I love it!
dancer

#130756 - 12/20/07 07:21 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

The cards and love continue to flow through my mailbox. Such fun!

#130757 - 12/20/07 07:31 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07
Sandpiper Offline

What a wonderful idea Chatty to do some of the cards when they are on clearance and to get stamps throughout the year. I think I'll give it a try this year.

I made a board kind of like a bulletin board covered with cloth and ribbon to put my BWS cards on and it's hanging in my office so I can see it anytime I am in there on my computer.

The cards from all the lovely ladies at BWS are a warm, special part of Christmas for me. I love all of you.
Sandpiper
www.tidedancer.com

#130758 - 12/20/07 07:35 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Sandpiper]
ladyjane Offline

I don't want it to ever stop! Can we do Valentine's Day, too?????

#130759 - 12/21/07 12:36 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Sent you a PM Dancer. I am a crocheting machine, LOL!!!

#130760 - 12/22/07 05:18 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07
Wisdom&Life Offline

Thanks so much for all the inserts. I am going to make a special "bragging box" just for the inserts. This will be my treasure chest to go to whenever I need to know I am not alone.

Cheers,
Cathi

#130761 - 12/23/07 01:02 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Wisdom&Life]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Its so nice to know that the Christmas card list will soon be coming out again and to know I already have my cards, stamps and even the return labels. That way when the list grows longer the price of being a participant is not a problem because its been spread over the previous year. Try it, you'll like it!!! Don't miss out on the thrill and love of the cards you'll receive. They truly do mean so much to everyone.

#130762 - 12/23/07 03:18 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I am going to take a little bit of time later today, while sitting in front of the fire, to go through and read all the Christmas cards again. Can't wait!

#130763 - 12/23/07 06:51 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

This was fabulous for me because I am still "new," but so many of you reached out to me, ( and some really took the time to nuture my membership, I've not forgotten those special people,) so I had a bigger Christmas suddenly! It was truly special to recieve and send cards to people that I've recently become friends with and I can't tell you how fun that is when you are new!
It must be rich so far as an experience when you can count your membership in years! I can only imagine how well you all know each other. I will be please to be that initiated into the club in the future! ( If you all will still have me.)

And now, totally unrelated, my "v," key needs me to hit it twice, I think more firmly than the rest of my keys on my laptop! What's up with that??? I'm bummed.. It's new...

dancer nine

#130764 - 12/23/07 10:02 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dancer, If its new, get a replacement if need be. Sounds like maybe some dust/dirt/hair, something got in under the key. My computer guy took off my old keyboad to install a new one Dell sent me and I wanted to hide my face, it was nasty under there, crumbs, dust, all sorts of crap and I still can't figure out how all of it got there. My computer never leaves my desk...???

Edited by chatty lady (12/24/07 02:27 AM)

#130765 - 12/24/07 12:37 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
AmyDoodle Offline

I have my cards here by my computer so I can read them over and over. What a warm, rich Christmas this is!

Chatty, I'm definitely going to take your advice and stock up during the sales now so I'm ready for next year.

#130766 - 12/24/07 02:35 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: AmyDoodle]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Amy, you'll be glad if you do because by next year without feeling the cost you can stock up on stamps, buy cards NOW when they are less than half price. I can join in every year because I plan ahead all through the previoius year. I'm not just a pretty face, and effecientcy expert for nothing you know ...LOL

Edited by chatty lady (12/24/07 02:36 AM)

#130767 - 12/26/07 09:05 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Did my Christmas cards make it around the world? Just wondering... I hope so! Does everyone have their little "unite" stone sitting next to their computers?

#130768 - 12/26/07 09:07 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07
gims Offline

I have mine! Thanks... It's right here at my keyboard.

#130769 - 12/26/07 09:08 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07
dancer9 Offline

I JUST opened your card, Dotsie, and yes, there was a stone in it. My husband brought it in with the mail a moment ago!
dancer

#130770 - 12/26/07 09:54 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

A stone? Like a "touch stone?" See what I missed!

#130771 - 12/26/07 11:39 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Princess,
You never know what else may show up besides the beautiful Christmas cards from one another, so its the old adage, "When you snooze you lose." Next year get on the Christmas card exchange list. I am already planning something really neat to send out with my cards...

The cards themselves however, are enough and really special.

#130772 - 12/27/07 06:08 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: chatty lady]
gims Offline

Get on it now... email Georgia (JawJaw)... we can update our list in case you "miss" it again... I'll hang a handle on it - PLEASE?

#130773 - 12/27/07 12:21 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: gims]
ladyjane Offline

My "unite" stone is right here by my computer....it's nice to know others are doing the same thing. Thanks, Dotsie!

#130774 - 12/27/07 04:45 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: ladyjane]
Sandpiper Offline

This is so nice. I also put my UNITE stone next to my computer. I guess we do unite with each other. Nice gift Dotsie, thanks.

I went to World Market yesterday and found beautiful Christmas cards at 75% off. I bought some for next year. Great idea Chatty. I always told myself to do this but never did, now I am ready for our group. Next is the stamps. I think doing those throughout the year is the best idea yet. They can cost a bit but doing it little by little you don't notice.

I hope everyone received my cards and felt the love sent with them.
Sandpiper
www.tidedancer.com

#130775 - 12/27/07 07:26 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Sandpiper]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I wasn't on the list and received a lovely card from JJ anyway. What a wonderful surprise from our Queen.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#130776 - 12/27/07 08:51 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Saundra]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Aw, ain't that queen something else?

#130777 - 12/28/07 08:10 AM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07
Edelweiss Offline

Your card hasn’t arrived yet Dotsie. I’ll let you know when.

#130778 - 12/28/07 02:09 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

I found my unite stone laying on the floor where I opened all of my fun cards. It must have fallen out when I opened yours, Dotsie.

Thank you to everyone. I must admit it was fun having some real mail to open every single day. For a short period of time I was able to sort my mail into 3 piles - have to open, toss immediately and want to open!

#130779 - 12/28/07 07:34 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: Anno]
AmyDoodle Offline

Yep, I've got my stone down here in kudzu country. I just naturally put it right beside the monitor when I opened my card. How neat to think that sisters all over the world did the same thing. I pick it up and rub it with my thumb when I'm writing and am stuck for the next thing to say.

#130780 - 01/02/08 07:32 PM Re: Christmas Card Exchange - 07 [Re: AmyDoodle]
mscoach Offline

Wow what a lovely experience being a part of the card exchange is. I am signing up for next year right now! So many personal thoughts, messages, treats. Dots I too have the stone next to my computer, thank you. How cool to think of the many others who are connected through this tiny bit of you.
My husband and I felt really popular with all the extra cards on our "card door."
And I agree it was so much fun to get the mail.
Thanks to everyone and I am all for valentines!
here's to an abundant, healthy, wealthy, fun, blessed 2008.
xoGreg

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 ... 17 18 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved