The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#12830 - 10/16/04 01:50 AM The Value of a Smile
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
The Value of a Smile

It costs nothing, but gives much.

It enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give.

It takes but a moment, yet the memory of it sometimes lasts forever.

None of us is so rich or mighty that he can get along without it, and none is so poor that he cannot be rich by it.

A smile creates happiness in the home, fosters good will in business and is the countersign of friendship.

It brings rest to the weary, cheer to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad and it is nature's best antidote for trouble.

Yet, it cannot be bought, begged or stolen, for it is something that is of no value to anyone until it is given away.

Some people are too tired to give a smile.

Give one of yours
As none needs a smiles so much as
He who has no more to give.

Author unknown

[ October 16, 2004, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Vicki M. Taylor ]

#12831 - 10/16/04 04:41 PM Re: The Value of a Smile
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
So sweet and so true.

One of the best ways I make people smile is by taking Kelly (our cockapoo) for rides when I'm trucking the kids around. She sticks her head out the window and catches a roller coaster face for all to see. I check her out in the right, side mirror and she's adorable. People smile, wave, and even chat when the rest of windows are down.

How do you make pepole smile?

I'm sure the queen can write a book on this one. Hey, that's not a bad idea. [Big Grin]

#12832 - 10/17/04 01:01 AM Re: The Value of a Smile
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I think the Queen is SMILE all by herself..and one can't thenk of her without smiling...
she whuispers, did I say that right your Highness? No, seriously it's true...

As some of you may remember my high school sweetheart and love of my life died after a short marriage and he use to tell everyone, "he saw me smiling clear across the auditorium and knew he had to meet me. It was my smile he'd always say that melted his heart." Memories!! [Smile]

#12833 - 10/17/04 01:18 AM Re: The Value of a Smile
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
A smile is infectious. You smile and other people catch it.

A smile, even if it's a false smile, causes our bodies to produce endorphins (those serious pain relieving, getting high like on heroin type substances produced by our brain). The endorphins relieve pain and cause us to want to smile more as we get high on our own juice.

I learned to smile a lot a long time ago when I had some orthopedic injuries that caused pain. Somehow on some level even when I was young felt the relief it provideed. That and exercise kept me going through a lot of painful surgeries and other trauma.

So when I'm stressed or in pain, I try to smile. Sometimes it causes others around me to smile too. And like Chatty, it brought my husband into my life. He said I had a smile in my eyes.

Good stuff smiling.
smile

#12834 - 10/18/04 06:53 PM Re: The Value of a Smile
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Beautifuyl message, Vicki! Thanks for sharing it.

When I was only 4-5 yrs. old (or should I say young? [Big Grin] )I learned a song that said:

"The world needs to see us smile. Impart your own sweet smile all around you. We should smile, smile, always smile. This is what the world needs: to see us always smile!!!" [Big Grin]

Of course, it's a good reminder and I try to smile as much as I can. [Smile]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved