The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#12822 - 09/26/04 06:49 PM Women of Faith!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This weekend I attended a Women of Faith Conference in Philly. www.womenoffaith.com

This is the third one I've attended over the past five or so years. Please check out their site and if they are ever in your area do your self a favor and get there.

I feel totally renewed and refreshed after spending Friday night and all day Saturday with 25,000 women all singing God's praises.

After hearing these women's stories I remain convinced that there is nothing the Lord can't do for us when we place our total faith and trust in Him.

Who's been to one?

#12823 - 09/27/04 06:41 AM Re: Women of Faith!
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I went to one in Cincinnati a few years back. I remember Point of Grace singing, and the ladies came out in 'high-water pants.' They had the cutest capris on with high heels, but this was before they had caught on, and everyone talked about their outfits. We were being SO spiritual. lol!

I enjoyed the conference very much. I especially liked Thelma Wells. - Donna

#12824 - 09/27/04 06:36 PM Re: Women of Faith!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Donna, those women are all so mod, aren't they? They're not all that young either. I love every single one of them for their stories and willingness to share them for the sake of drawing others to Jesus. What a mission!

#12825 - 09/28/04 07:52 AM Re: Women of Faith!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Funny you should mention Thelma. I had some email dialogue with her a year or so ago. She mentored me thru a speech. It was unreal how down to earth and helpful she was to me. I will be forever grateful.

All of these women recognize they are the tools for spreading love and joy and God's word into the lives of anyone who will accept it. Can there be a greater mission?

JJ

#12826 - 09/28/04 05:55 AM Re: Women of Faith!
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
They're coming to our area October 22-23. I might have something else going on that weekend but if I don't, I plan on going.

#12827 - 09/29/04 09:01 PM Re: Women of Faith!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Mary, you won't be sorry. I hope you can get a ticket. Philly usually sells out. As a result they met twice in Philly this year. [Wink]

#12828 - 10/03/04 05:37 PM Re: Women of Faith!
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I didn't realize you had to buy tickets ahead of time. I went to the website and sure enough, they're sold out. I called my sister, who has attended before and asked her if she wants to go to the Women of Faith gathering in Las Vegas in February next year. We could go to the gathering in Anaheim, CA (she lives near San Diego) but that's not until August or September next year and I could use a spiritual lift now! So the sooner the better. I'm still waiting to hear back from sis.

#12829 - 10/05/04 06:09 PM Re: Women of Faith!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Mary, WOF have become so popular. They sell out months ahead of time.

I hope you get to go to one with your sister. I know you share your faith and that's important to you.

You can always buy a tape of their events. [Wink]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved