The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#127239 - 09/09/07 01:32 PM Re: Mentoring girls/young women to be strong [Re: Danita]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
orchid, about your boomer friend. We have a local artist who is wheelchair bound. He is one determined painter. He straps a brush to a hat he wears and paints like moving his head. When there's a will, there's a way.

I believe my son will always have this passion. I have a feeling he will be photographing and filming for the rest of his life. He is blessed to have discovered his passion at such a young age, and I often tell him that.

Danita, it's great to see you! I've heard that story before, but it's good to be reminded. Please tell us about your little girl once you are assigned.

As soon as our oldest left for college, Ross started mentoring a young fella at a local orphanage. He has visited him every single week, without missing one week, for over four years now. Last month Ross was mentor of the month. Yahoo. Anyway, he often questions what difference he is making in this child's life, if any. I trust that he is, but it's not always visible. My deepest concern is what will happen to this child when he is too old for the orphanage...

#127240 - 09/11/07 04:28 AM Re: Mentoring girls/young women to be strong
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Methinks my friend has quietly left her art days behind. It's a struggle for her now to keep running her business --she works solo. She does engraving on jewellery, etc. She is a single, divorced mom. Her 2 children are around 19 yrs.

She's a real survivor...she's switched from cycling to...turbojam! And has lost 20 lbs. Now she is working towards teaching it.

Her art background/mentoring is probably bringing her closer to her daughter who has dreams of interior design.

I hope your hubby doesn't give up on his mentoring role. I bet he's a great listener for the youngster. How old is this boy?

#127241 - 09/11/07 02:13 PM Re: Mentoring girls/young women to be strong [Re: orchid]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
He is now 12. I think that's right. He won't give up on him. The sad part is that the child can only stay another couple years and then he has to go somewhere else.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved