The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 195 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#1331 - 09/02/05 07:12 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Brenda, I smiled at your song. I rmember singing that at the top of my lungs with my children in the car. It was on one of the Wee Sing Bible tapes. I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sure your faith was a treasure during that difficult time.

Eagle, I remember reading about those times in your book. I was most impressed by your devotion to God. I found it very refreshing. I need to post about it in the featured author forum.

#1332 - 09/06/05 11:58 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Dotsie and starting over, thank you for your kind words. I know I really need to be in a small group, because since I live alone, I have no one to be accountable to.

Really, my bad experience in a church was due to my spiritual immaturity. I was older when I accepted Jesus and didn't get the whole picture until I attended an Emmaus weekend, which is a retreat. Well, I guess I didn't realize that there were many walking wounded in the church and being saved didn't mean they would be perfect, upstanding citizens.

Dotsie, they have a class on Sundays where people who need a small group can go and get connected. I did that for a month and then they stopped it for a month and I just never went back. It's something I crave, but at the same time dread.

angelsmuse, congratulations on your writings being accepted. I just wanted to tell you about a class a couple I know taught at their church called "Barren Babes of the Bible." They were having trouble concieving and had this class for others who were in the same boat.

Daisygirl

#1333 - 09/07/05 08:06 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

ack, please don't equate Christians with perfection. There is no such thing. We are all the walking wounded.

Daisy, if you think you need to be in asmall group...keep searching. There's one out there for you... [Big Grin]

#1334 - 09/08/05 11:44 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
karenelaine1977 Offline

Loc: Mississippi
I love the bumper sticker "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven."

#1335 - 09/08/05 11:30 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

That's a good one. I always see these great bumper stickers that I can never remember. I read a great one today about feminism, but darn if I can remember it. Peri-menopausal moment?

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved