The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 216 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#1311 - 07/31/05 08:23 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Dear Chicadee

It depends on what aspect of life you want to look at.

With regard to healing we have to look at the original cause of pain and suffering, which lies at the energy level, as all thought and emotions are energy.

To clear thoughts, to move away from pain and judgement, judgement just being the constant analysis of the mind clarifying, sorting and just causing clutter in the mind I would recommend
'A Course in Miracles'.

The way it is written it is like the mind of Christ speaking because within the words and the way it is written there is no judgement. One also comes to a greater understanding of the mind..where perception opens up almost miraculously.

There are also a list of books in the Appendix of Sunblood, all very different from each other.
I have found that understanding language, the essence of communication and the way different languages are formed, ie the language of mathematics, physics, law, government, economics etc. gives one a greater understanding and awareness. To find the essence under each language, the core that is the same within all language to surpass judgement creates amazing realizations.

The more one opens the mind, continually testing one's belief systems until you reach the core center where 'no belief ie judgement exists, except the core of truth itself (and you'll recognize it because the core of truth has no argument available against it)brings great relief and peace. That's what's so amazing about it. The peace that becomes to be part of one's life. It starts in increments but it increases with understanding and commitment.

When you take understanding to the core beyond all belief systems it just IS. Here lies all health, abundance, love, peace and happiness. For it is only in our constant analyzing that we become unhappy not allowing the core energy to surface because our mind's are too busy learning.

However, when we get out of our mind's way and listen to the quiet voice inside...the answers appear. This takes practice...It's like a muscle that needs to be exercised...The more you use it...the greater it becomes.

These are the words that came to me for you Chicadee. The ultimate truth lies in the core and thus to teach the mind to trust the core and not constantly be busy trying to judge and classify everything brings the ultimate reward. Great Peace!

The mind does not understand that it doesn't need to know the answers, it is just there in it's purpose to serve the core which does know all the answers...That's why we all experience fear, because the mind fears because it thinks it has to know all the answers and so it goes on the hunt and constantly keeps us in imbalance and for some fear.

'A Course in Miracles' is the ultimate book when a person is ready to face the mind and bring it to wholeness and peace, ultimately sanctifying it, which means that we stop thinking about everything we see, read and hear which affects us in a negative way. For every thought we have, we have not only had the thought, we have absorbed at the energy level the negativite or positive energy that lives within that thought and it becomes part of our cells because the energy of the mind permeates us.

I hope this helps.

With love
Leigha

#1312 - 08/01/05 01:21 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Leigha, may I comment on a Course in Miracles? For a good interpretation of the power of ACIM, one might want to begin with Marianne Williamson's "A Return to Love" which is her account of how ACIM changed her way of thinking and relating. I find ACIM a bit hard to interpret alone; I like group work when reading (studying) ACIM. There are several on-line forums for going through ACIM. I have never finished the course. I need a tutor! Love and Light, Lynn

#1313 - 08/01/05 09:33 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Dotsie,
Thanks for wondering how I'm doing. I'm doing fine. Please pray for swift sale of the house. (I'm out of money to pay the mortgage and it's due today) I need a MIRACLE! And God is the One who can PROVIDE IT!

I am still working on the last few chapters of the book God told me to write and will begin looking for a market for it shortly--would really like to find an agent to do this--(working full-time, having to move and start over-I don't have tons of time to query lots of publishers)

And, I now have clear direction on how to write about finding out your husband is a gay pedophile without making it a tell all. I will write an inspirational romance novel! The heroine finds out her husband lives a double life. As she goes through all the struggles-the only one there to help shoulder the load and takes her through is Jesus. The ultimate story is the growing love relationship between the heroine and her Savior!

Anyway, all is well. Thanks for all the prayers and concern. Lots more to go through, but God is covering me along the way! Have a great day all! Love to all!

#1314 - 08/01/05 10:02 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Dear Lynn

I think that's a wonderful idea Lynn. It would help people understand what they are moving toward.

Love
Leigha

#1315 - 08/04/05 07:06 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Dotsie,

Yeah, I am back in the loop of a continuous struggle I have as a ministry director (and entrepreneur)while being a full-time SAHM/WAHM mom and wife

- God's whisper has been changing a lot in my life over the past few days re: my children (message: slow down - focus on your three - nothing else is more inspired than these) my career (message: wait on me, be patient, all the success you want is there if you wait on me. A little makes a lot with time.) My ministries (message: balance with a capital "B" - meaning treat all ministries equally don't get lopsided in time and effort and focus only on the important - get the basics up and pray for help.)

Will definitely remember your and everyone else's understanding and focus on "whispers from heaven"

#1316 - 08/24/05 05:00 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
angelsmuse Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hello Ladies,
I wanted to share some exciting news with all of you and this seemed to be the perfect place to post it. I have been struggling with God's whispers for a few months, but with the support of the wonderful women in this forum I kept on praying and listening. In recent weeks up to and including today God has given me some answers. Two wonderful writing opportunities have fallen in my lap. The first is with Sisters in the Lord. They are creating a new bible study and have invited me to be a Bible study writer. Of course I didn't accept right away. Once I saw the theme list and saw Women of the Bible (a subject that I am passionate about) was on the list, I realized God was yelling at me. Then I accepted the offer and have been busily working on the outline for a Bible Study about Women of the Bible and what we can learn from them.

The second opportunity wasn't quite as loud. A few months ago I submitted some of my articles to a magazine then called "Virtuous Woman." I hadn't heard anything then last week or so I saw a thread in another forum that I'm in. They had changed their name to "Hope for Women Magazine." I emailed a query and recieved a reply from them today. Two of the three articles I submitted are going to be used in their publication. One will be in Jan. 2006 and the other will be used as their feature article in June 2006.

Neither of these opportunities pays in money, but the satisfaction that I will recieve in sharing God's word more than makes up for it.

Thanks everyone and I will send links when I know what they are so that you can read the bible studies and the articles.

God really does listen and answer in his own time all we need is a little patience.

Sincerely

angel (Chris Weigand) [Big Grin]

#1317 - 08/25/05 07:56 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
angel, keep submitting and before you know it you will recieve payment. Be sure to keep track of all your publications. Do you have a website? Thanks so much for sharing your joy. We celebrate with you.

#1318 - 08/27/05 11:28 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Thanks a lot Dotsie! I was doing a pretty good job of shrugging off God's nudges and then I found your question.

I think I'm at a crossroads in my life. My job is not going well, my company merged with another and my job is in jeoprady, but it could be a blessing, because I don't like it anyway. I just like to have the money to live in my house with my dog and have my grandson visit. I would love to do something creative for a living.

Also, I am a Christian, but have not been participating in a church, study or anything - I'm disconnected from God and God's people. But I've had some bad experiences in the church and I'm not really fearful, but it's not something I feel comfortable about.

On top of all that, I'm going through menopause, I'm 51, and that is not pleasant, emotionally or physically. I don't feel 51, I feel more like 31, except for the hot flashes, forgetfulness and sleeplessness.

Finding your site is a blessing. I don't have anyone I would care to discuss all this with and it's good to see that I'm not alone.

#1319 - 08/29/05 06:36 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Daisy, I'mglad you found the site too. SOunds like you have lots in common with the women in our neighborhood.

You mention your current situation being a blessing. It's quite possible. What don't you like about your job?

Is there a way for you to reconnect with your faith? YOu may feel disconnected form God, but He isn't disconnected from you. He's waiting to take you gently by the hand and have you discover the beauty Ha has waiting for you when you focus on His love and desires for your life.

I'm doing the perimenopause thing too. DO you exercise?

#1320 - 08/29/05 11:44 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Daisygirl, I too have been 'burned' in a church and only recently forced myself to start attending and reaching out to others again. I have found as I reach out to others they in turn are there to help me in prayer and encouragement. I have found my empty, lonely nights alone are greatly improved when I can look forward to getting to know these people more. I will always no matter what setting I am in--work, family, firneds or church going to run the risk of being 'burned'. Satan would like me to stay out of church--that way I am a weak target that he can batter and bruise. Personally, I have decided that I'm tired of being Satan's punching bag and I'm opening myself up to all the possibilities that God wants me to explore. Blessings! I'll be praying for you!

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved