The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 202 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#1291 - 06/18/05 07:22 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Dear Dannye

Thank you for your words Dannye.

With care
Leigha

#1292 - 06/18/05 11:01 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
An example of God's whispers. I made a special trip to put my name in a drawing for a key to a car to be given away at our local Decatur Celebration. It's a huge block party, anyhoo, I thought "Why not?' Things have been going my way and I think I'm the happiest I've ever been. I seem to be getting the breaks, or maybe I'm just listening more. So, I make the trip to put my name in a box, and I meet a man there for the same drawing, we got to talking and he said he was a good friend of one of the DJ's at the radio station. Sooooo, that same DJ is the one that I asked to listen to the song I wrote. So, even if I don't win, I was supposed to be there just for someone to give Tim a little nudge to at least call and let me know what he thinks of it. So many more things happening. I need to start a whole new post to catch you up on everything.

#1293 - 06/19/05 03:58 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sherri, that's counting your blessings. These little things often happen to people and they dont' recognize them as God's grace. I can tell you're listening.

#1294 - 06/19/05 09:22 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Sherri, I think you are listening more. I am really happy for all the good things happening to you.
I too have been learning to "listen" thanks to your site, Dotsie.
My new job was God's gentle yell on my whisper tree. Now he is working on its many branches.
Today at work a lady bought a book about writing. (The one I decide NOT to buy yesterday.) We got chatting and she invited me to join her christian writers group and another small writers group of four here in Tulsa.
Yes, I am learning to listen ...God knows what he is talking about.
chick

[ June 19, 2005, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#1295 - 06/19/05 06:17 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chick, the book story is great. Are you joinig her writing group? Tell them about BWS if you do.

Look at the doors God is opening so quickly with your new job. Isn't it wild when we stay tuned in to God's station? The blessings just keep happening...and the beauty is that we begin to see some of the unfortunate events in life as blessings too. Oh to have a mind like Christ. All we can do is keep striving and recognize His voice and grace along the way.

#1296 - 06/20/05 04:56 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Yes I think I will go and meet everyone. The firat Tuesday of every month for one group and every Wed for the other.
I will be sure to tell them about BWS. They need to know what they've been missing.

chick

#1297 - 06/21/05 07:54 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Wordcharmer, this is yet another post that I could have written myself. Sometimes, though, I find it hard to be who I am and do what I do. I've often mentioned on this site that I have celebrity envy. Why wasn't I born to be Jennifer Anniston or Katie Holmes? I need affirmations to help me not only listen to God's whispers about the work I am charged with, but also to accept my place in life as unique and worthwhile. Have you read my book? Sometimes it's scary what survivors have in common! And how we use our pain to help others. Love and Light, Lynn

#1298 - 06/21/05 12:25 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
JJ are you hearing anything?

My hubby has encouraged me to lighten up and not even think about a job until the New Year. Oh yeah-you can tell who writes the bills int his house can't you?

But on a spiritual side I think he is much more in tune with what is happening. He knows I need time to shed the old skin so I can begin to listen and really hear what I am being told. Thank God for Husbands and Friends that remind us of what we need instead of what we want.

Lynn

#1299 - 06/21/05 01:32 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dots: God is guiding you as he has this far. Remember what Abraham did? He left his home and walked to a place unknown, but he trusted God and the Lord didn't fail him.

He will direct your steps too!
I continue to pray that this forum fulfills God's purpose for it.

#1300 - 06/21/05 08:18 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
angelsmuse Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Wow!!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] Was I suprised when I came on after not having been here in a few months to find this post. I have been struggling for months trying to figure out what God is telling me to do. Just when I think I've figured it out then something happens that tells me I am all wrong. Recently I quit a critique group that I have been in for about a year, was on the verge of quitting a writer's group, postponed joining a prayer group all beccause I thought God was pushing me in a different direction. I was attempting to start up a writing group that would meet face to face on a regular basis and I was asked to be a Stephen Minister at our church. Both of these endeavors will take a lot of time and I felt as if I needed to shed some other things so I could devote myself to these along with my writing and babysitting and raising a preschooler. So I cleared a lot of my other commitments away. Then the new writer's group that I was trying to pull together started to fall apart and the Stephen Ministry training doesn't start till fall. So here I was with nothing. (or so I thought.) I was even believing that my anxiety was turning into depression and I would need to change or increase the drugs I was taking.
I prayed fervently still unsure about the direction I was supposed to take.
Any way to make a long story a little shorter, The writer's group didn't completely fall apart. The other two interested women and I have decided to put it on hold until July. The Stephen Ministry thing of course is on hold until Fall and I hope by that time that things will have worked out with my daughter so I can pursue it. If not then God has other plans for me and hopefully will reveal them.
My daughter's depression is acting up again in a pretty serious way, so I'm thinking that was God's message for me. I needed time to devote to my family and myself first and things will work out in his time and I need to be patient.
Coming to this conclusion has helped me a great deal because after a period of not writing very much for a couple of months now I actually have written two articles in the last five days one of which is already posted and the other should be posted next week if not sooner.
I feel such relief at being able to write again and hope that after my vacation next week I can get all my ducks in a row and start writing and submitting again.
So anyway to answer the question, I find that God has to gently yell at me for me to hear his whispers. Someday I pray that I will get the message on the first gentle whispers instead of waiting for the gentle yells. Until then though I guess I'll have to turn the hearing aids up. [Big Grin]
Thanks for posting this at this point in time. We all need gentle reminders to listen harder and question less.

Thanks Bunches [Roll Eyes]
From someone who can be very hard of
hearing, [Roll Eyes]
Angel(Chris Weigand) [Smile]

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved