The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 225 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#1271 - 06/14/05 05:18 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Very well put! I do the same thing and want to comment to Lynn that we are in the same boat (as you know) and my days flip flop. There are ones when I hear HIS voice and feel so confident even though I don't have a clue where or what I will be doing AFTER the end of the month. Then there are other days when I think "holy moly!"

So, I'm trying very hard to chose to trust. To bask in it, to live it. Its hard to squell the voice of fear when it tries so hard to be on top!

But I do believe as Dotsie has stated that it won't be long and I will say, "oh why didn't I do this sooner!" Hang in there....God will provide. He hasn't failed us, ever.

JJ

#1272 - 06/15/05 07:42 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
When I get antsy (and it will increae as I heal) I do think that JJ and I are in this at the same time and I think I am in very good company so I relax a little.

Dotsie, Iunderstadn what you are saying. The clarity of the message is there, we are just human and need to absorb the thought or intensity at our own rate. Someday i will tell you that battle God and I and John had over Nathan!! But the clarity was there. So was the fear! Of failure.

I am hear anytime in person or not if you want to hear yourself talk it through.

Come to the Cliff, he said
But we are Afraid.
Come to the Cliff, he said
They came,
He pushed them and they flew!

Sometimes I need a good push. Reflect on those words a bit. I read them on a magazine page during one of my whispering periods. No ad, No story, just printed on the page. Are you listening?

Lynn

#1273 - 06/15/05 02:12 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I'm trying so hard ladies but on top of everything else I'm going through.....Guess what? I just came home from the grocery store to find that my a/c went on the blink. Oh, and by the way, it's 100 here today! I'm telling you He's making it very hard for me!
PS: We have out of town guests too!

#1274 - 06/15/05 02:31 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Oh Hun I am sending special prayers your way.
chick

#1275 - 06/15/05 03:46 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
TVC -- this probably wont sound very encouraging but

things could be worse !!

you could be on the streets without a house

you could have no friends to help laugh/cry thru this with you

you might not have a computer to VENT WITH US --
so you wouldnt realize that we're all sending you POSITIVE thoughts !!!

wish it could be an A/C man -- i know what you're going thru -- we were without power for 8 days after the hurricane passed thru here (SW FLORIDA)last year in August -- so i can relate to the heat

took alot of cold showers ;-)

and look at the POSITIVE side of all this -- you wont notice the HOT FLASHES when they happen ;-)

seriously ---- i DO feel your frustration and i hope everything turns around for you soon !!

#1276 - 06/15/05 03:47 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Dotsie -

if you remember -- it was because of the loss of my son that we got together in the first place -- i mention that so you will think about those whispers a little harder and know that i have no idea where i would be today had you not listened to the whispers that started THIS forum

i believe in you, as do all these women --- we are with you all the way -- whatever your decision may be -- whenever you feel the timing is right

go with your whispers -- trust your gut -- there's never failure in trying -- only life's lessons learned

#1277 - 06/15/05 04:41 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
TVC15 Offline

Thank you ladies! (Lion thanks for the laugh, I needed it!) Turned out the a/c just needed a couple of fuses. We got it working again. We will need a new one but at least we don't need to buy it today! (Still need to get the window fixed though) The other day our lawn mower hit a rock, shattered it and it broke 3 panes on my picture window and cut my ankle. Each pane is 22" x 68". I was thankful that we have double panes and it didn't go all the way through. It's getting to the point that when I get up in the morning, I just wonder what is going to go wrong today! And this has been going on for months now.

I'm praying that we all get the relief we need!

Thanks for being here to listen to my complaints! sometimes just getting it out of your system is all you need to help you get through these things!

#1278 - 06/16/05 12:11 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Dear Dotsie

God's whispers...truly the voice within that wishes to serve...how do we connect and act on that voice...by realizing that nothing at all has the power to contain us, hurt us, strangle our growth or initiative...or bedevil us in our thinking.

Each and everyone of us has the power inside to see past the quagmires, and the energies surrounding us that cause us to believe in stagnancy, in powerlessness and in circumstances getting the better of us.

The voice within is truly a powerful place to visit...a place that lives only to serve for that voice already knows the outcome of our decisions and will guide us to reflect, to become clear inside...to take each step.

We are destined to move forward...the more we heed the whispers the faster we reach that wholeness and joy inside and within that, lives the healing of us all.

To see the truth of who we really are...the power that is us...to believe we are powerful within and can't be held back by doubt or indecision...to understand that we are in the driver's seat over cirumstances and just have to spend a few more minutes each day listening to the silence within, the feeling that rises up, to the desire that is planted like a seed and starts to flourish...to stop the mind's resistance to who we really are inside....become free...be...that's all that's required.

Listen...and remember...the voice within knows beyond a shadow of a doubt the truth of all circumstances and thus the actions to improve all circumstance...if we but listen!

It's already done ladies...the joy, the beauty and the happiness and good health that we can live...we just have to listen within! To get under our doubts and fears... which are just matrixes of energy we've believed in.. To get past our old belief systems that contains our thoughts and feelings, thoughts and feelings that stop us from moving forward...to see that the past is just an illusion and that we are just a product of years of other people's belief systems...that are also an illusion...for it is just ideas and ideology that we all come from...not truth...not the unadulterated power that lives within, the power that sees beyond our beliefs and our fears.

Have heart and remember the power within and the clarity within that lives to serve the good beyond our doubts and fears.

God bless you Dotsie...the voice within is strong...the heart is strong and the beauty lives to serve...remember you are the affect of millions of people... myself one of them...inspired by your consistent serving of beauty to bring millions of women together...for that is the outcome of your heart...having lived to serve with beauty....there is nothing you cannot do!

With love
Leigha

#1279 - 06/16/05 12:19 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Dear TVC15

Sometimes we don't realizes the power of our thoughts and feelings which are like magnets...to change things going wrong each day one must see inside and figure out why one expects things to go wrong, whether it is a belief system that is built by seeing other things go wrong or whether there is something inside trying to get your atteniton...the way to bring positive productive circumstances to one's life comes from not believing what you are seeing...what that means is that you don't emotionally identify with any crap that is happening...you move beyond it and see it as a one time event.

Things that are negative that keep happening are based on the energy of the beliefs we have within us. It's taken years for me to work with this understanding and eliminate one by one belief systems that kept me from moving forward...constantly challenging every thought and feeling to get to where I am today...free in mind and spirit.

The emotions are powerful and can start believing in the negatives within our life...what we need to do is realize that whatever has been created can be uncreated!

Hope this helps!

With love
Leigha

#1280 - 06/16/05 01:42 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
TVC15 Offline

Thank you Leigha
I was starting to come to the conclusion that it had to have something to do with negative energy coming from within me. You have helped more than you will ever know. Time to get to work on myself!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved