The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 205 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#1261 - 06/12/05 11:52 PM ignoring God's whispers?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone out there ignoring God's whispers about what He wants you to do next?

#1262 - 06/13/05 02:18 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Dotsie, good question. Are you in this boat? I have the nasty human ego habit of ignoring God's whispers until I get hit in the head with a hammer. My husband says I have ODD: Oppositional Defiance Disorder. He says if he wants me to do something he will tell me the opposite so that it gets done. I absolutely fret and whimper and whine and worry myself to death dwelling on what I should do or not do, and if it's for the highest good. First God has to yell at me, and then has to reassure me repeatedly when I am finally on the right path. It takes me forever and a day to second guess what God has put in my heart. Sometimes, by the time I get it, it is too late! But then, I get another opportunity. I'm not one to just go with the flow. I have to hem and haw. I do wish I had a little more faith and a little less doubt. It's not that I am afraid of God failing me, I am afraid of me failing God. So if it's whispered about my next move, I am afraid I won't do it right, so I sometimes don't do it at all. Then I'm charged with it again, so I might as well get with it the first time around! Love and Light, Lynn

#1263 - 06/13/05 04:08 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I was until lately but then God finally screamed (lovingly) at me and now I know what I must do to improve my situation.... [Cool]

#1264 - 06/13/05 04:51 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Lynn, Your post could have been written by me, alsmost! I worry myself to death over the dumbest things sometimes. But lately, I just feel like there's a black cloud hanging over my family. Just when you think it can't get any worse, something else goes wrong. Maybe it is God, whispering for me to make a change. I never thought about it this way before. Thanks Dotsie for making me think about this!

#1265 - 06/14/05 07:44 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
At this point in time...not guilty. There have, however, been other times in my life when I put on blinders and a headset and ignored His voice.

My problem is I usually run in front of God---grin.

#1266 - 06/13/05 08:17 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
TV, hang in there. Before there is harmony, there is always disharmony. My husband and I had been planning to move to Colorado forever. I waited 35 years to get here. That was God whispering to me that Colorado is the place where I'd feel at home. You would not believe all that we went through to get here. Everything went wrong before it went right. Just because it is God's will does not make it easy. Prior, we lived in St. Joseph MO for 6 years, a place we did NOT want to go to, but a job was available there. Although I dislliked St. Joseph, I made a personal and professional niche for myself that was extraordinarily valuable. I had cancer there, and the regional cancer center was a God send. Sometimes the disharmony is not so much about US, but what we can do for OTHERS while in the midst of what seems to NOT be on our wish list. Here's another example: when I met my husband, I knew almost immediately that he was for me, even though I told him that I had been married and I would never marry again. Fast forward 4 years: I wanted to marry, and he didn't. Major disharmony, disappointment, loss. I left him. Three weeks later, he calls and asks me to marry him. That disharmony prior to the marriage commitment was a huge learning experience for me: God had whispered to me that this was my soul mate, yet I had been selfish and impatient and had not taken Woody's personal timing into consideration. I learn all the time that it is not about me: it is about God's will and purpose for our lives, and what we can do for others. I'm sorry for the lecture. I didn't mean to sound like that. I'm wondering what Dotsie is facing that has her shaking in her boots! Love and Light, Lynn

#1267 - 06/13/05 10:35 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Yes, I beliee in God's whispers. Most of the time, even though I am listening, I am afraid to move out of my comfor zone. But I keep gettng bashed witht he thoughts and we make a move.

My life has been a series of miracles by listening to God's voice.

Now, moments from being unemployed I am trying to find the peace amidst the chaos. I know it was supposed to happena and I am late again! But it is still scary. God wants me to move on and I am but no answers yet.

Lynn

#1268 - 06/14/05 08:54 AM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks Lynn329,
I just imagine myself going deaf before I hear what He's whispering... It's just been a bad couple of months. We moved cross country from NY to NC about a year and a half ago. Everything went great until recently. I'm sure things will get better!
Lynn, I'l be praying that you find your peace! good luck to you !

#1269 - 06/14/05 03:41 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Dotsie --

What I'm hearing is YOUR "whispering" --

can we help ????

#1270 - 06/14/05 05:08 PM Re: ignoring God's whispers?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lion, you're something. Just pray for me. He's asking me to do something and I'm being stubborn. It has to do with the future of this site. I'm not totally ignoring. I'm beginning to get my feelers out and do a little more research to see if I can make the move. I have no doubt that He is calling me. I have no doubt that He wouldn't ask me to make the move if He won't give me what I need to do it successfully. I think I just need time. It's a whisper at this time, but there is such clarity.

TVC, when bad things happen often, remember the death...then resurrection of Christ. I try to hold onto that when I feel I'm being tested. The sun/Son will always shine again.

Lynn, I'm convinced God has something wonderful in store for you. One day you are going to look bacak and ask why you didn't leave that job sooner. I'm praying for Him to reveal the next step for you.

Lynn329, thank you for always sharing your stories for the benefit of helping soemone else. You're so good at it and the stories you choose are perfect for each situation.

Chatty, screamed lovingly. Love it!

Thistle, I can totally relate to being ahead of God. For me the feeling is out of control. Then I need to nestle in with Him and get myself back on track. Freight train comes to mind. S L O W down.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved