The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 107 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#125859 - 08/22/07 03:49 PM Re: walking in the heat
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
It's been so terribly hot and humid this summer that I have been forced to do my walking on the treadmill in my basement...not much difference between summer and winter now...I can't tolerate extremes of any kind as I age...my husband suggested we should think about a move to San Francisco where the climate is moderate and extremes are rare...somehow I doubt that he means it...it's his way of telling me to stop complaining and to just suck it up I guess...:)

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#125860 - 08/22/07 05:40 PM Re: walking in the heat [Re: AvalonBlondi]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Nancy,
Its so nice to have your voice in here again! Wuhoooo! Welcome home gal! JJ

#125861 - 08/22/07 06:05 PM Re: walking in the heat [Re: jawjaw]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
(((((HUG))))))...it's good to be back here Georgia...I missed you...by the way ...loved the picture of you and your Mom and sisters on the beach...can't wait until you write the whole story...:)

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#125862 - 08/22/07 06:30 PM Re: walking in the heat [Re: AvalonBlondi]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Back at ya hun...Don't know if I'll get to. One of my sisters said, "What happened in Panama City, stays in..." bla..bla. But then again, she doesn't remember I have her diary from high school...

Edited by jawjaw (08/22/07 06:31 PM)

#125863 - 08/22/07 07:45 PM Re: walking in the heat [Re: jawjaw]
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Jaw Jaw, you are such a hoot!

My husband and I walked Monday evening, it actually wasn't too bad once the sun was low, around 8:00, we actually got in about 2 miles. We were going to go again last night, I finished the dishes and found him asleep when I finished at 7:30. Then I got a phone call from a friend that lasted until long after dark. So, maybe tonight?

#125864 - 08/23/07 02:39 AM Re: walking in the heat [Re: gerrbeck]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Yes, Dotsie, the weather here is the best I ever experienced. I lived in Southern California (Laguna Beach) for several years, and that was great weather too. No complaints there, either. Hmmm, and no snow. there in lies the trouble in Colorado: Blizzards! But, what else would we expect? To live near the ocean or in the mountains, which would I prefer? I'm glad to have experienced both!

#125865 - 08/23/07 06:29 AM Re: walking in the heat [Re: Princess Lenora]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Heat? We have not had much of that here. Rain, rain and more rain. Walking? I have not done much of that either since I hurt my ankle in a train derailment weeks ago. I thought it was better until last week when I tried to get back on heels for work. Back to straps again and flats and not much walking. So, this hop-a-long will walk again when the ankle heals completely.

#125866 - 08/23/07 07:29 AM Re: walking in the heat [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Eeeyow, Lola, a derailed train! Guess you were lucky that you just hurt your ankle.

When the baby sleeps, I try to play a round of golf (9 holes). In the evening Hubby plays whle I watch grandbaby, so I get about 3 miles walking in that way.

Birthing coach: "All you mommies-to-be should know that walking while you’re pregnant is very beneficial. And you husbands, it wouldn’t hurt you to take the time to go walking with your partners."

One husband: "Is it OK if she carries a golf bag?"

#125867 - 08/23/07 02:26 PM Re: walking in the heat [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, good for you. How's the golf game? Do you beat your hubby? In golf, that is...

This is the fifth day the sun hasn't been around. I feel like I need toothpicks for my eyes. When we walked this morning, there was a little mist and a major haze! Come on Mr Sun. I bet Emy's feeling it too.

#125868 - 09/02/07 07:30 PM Re: walking in the heat [Re: gerrbeck]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Testing, so weird.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved