The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#1240 - 07/18/05 11:44 PM Re: Death... Now what?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dots... Isn't it sweet to know God and His love? It makes such a difference in my everyday life!

Chatty: I hear you!
Since I was a child I learned God's character is Love. There is nothing we can do to deserve the gift of salvation. And he rejoices when we obey his Word out of love, not out of fear.

Smile, that's a good example. Pardon is free or it's not pardon at all! And out of love for what Jesus did for us, we serve Him joyfully! Amen.

#1241 - 07/19/05 12:01 AM Re: Death... Now what?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I have heard pardon and parole compared to being saved by Salvation or being saved by works.

You get a parole if you are an exemplary prisoner and you have obeyed all the rules. But if you are paroled, you have a record and you are still guilty. The parole can be revoked at any time and is automatically revoked if you commit another crime or disobey the rules.

But with a pardon as with salvation, your record is wiped clean and you are free with no fear of punishment.

It was a good analoby.
smile

#1242 - 07/21/05 09:48 PM Re: Death... Now what?
Songbird Offline

Good analogy! It's so sweet to know Salvation is a gift. Otherwise, we would've never been able to attain it. I praise God for his wonderful gift.

#1243 - 07/24/05 09:40 PM Re: Death... Now what?
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
HI Cathi

my apologies...it wasn't Elisha, it was Elijah in II Kings, Chapter 2 the story is told, verse eleven..."Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven." I'm forever getting those two men confused. Another story...either Elisha or Elijah...yet again my memory fails...was mocked by a group of children because he was bald, a bear came from the woods and consumed the children. In this, and other Bible stories, we see mocking is a *serious* offense...especially when directed toward God's people.

But on to my explanation ---

Elijah and one other Biblical prophet, never experienced death. Biblical scholars believe these two men are those referenced in Revelation of St. John the Divine, Chapter Eleven, as those who return to Earth to be "God's" witnesses.

That's what I meant by saying it's not always the case one has to experience death to enter Heaven. Overwhelming this is the case but there are "two" exceptions...*smile*.

#1244 - 07/27/05 07:42 AM Re: Death... Now what?
Sabra Offline

Loc: Charlotte,NC
Good point, Sandra.

#1245 - 07/28/05 07:38 AM Re: Death... Now what?
Songbird Offline

Elijah and Enoch are in heaven without knowing death. They represent those who will be alive at the moment of Christ's return. Moses was taken to heaven after death. He represents those who will be resurrected when the Lord returns!

#1246 - 08/09/05 08:15 AM Re: Death... Now what?

THANKS Songbird...Enoch is the other man.

Okay...what's my daily prayer?

"Please God, let it be menopause and not Alzheimers!"

#1247 - 08/09/05 11:25 PM Re: Death... Now what?
Songbird Offline

[Smile] You're welcome, TCF!

[Big Grin] And I like your prayer!

#1248 - 08/11/05 07:45 AM Re: Death... Now what?

Oh yeah Songbird...if you need to use my prayer, feel free although it *does* get a LOT of use from this end! --imagine a smiley face here--

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved