The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#124790 - 08/22/07 09:13 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Lynn, Renee and everyone. I haven't been here of late because my friends, usually full of life little girl, age 4 was struck by a neighbors car as she backed out of her driveway two days ago. The child was crushed under her wheels. We have been sitting a vigil for that past couple of days as this beautiful child fought for her life. Last night at 1:16 a.m. she lost her fight. The woman who ran over her was there sitting alone in the hospital, further down the hall, afraid to approach her once good friend and neighbor. At around 2:00 a.m we were leaving for home when the dead childs mother noticed the neighbor there in the hallway and walked up to her hurriedly. We we afraid there was going to be an altercation, but instead the neighbor fell to her knees sobbing and the childs mother lifted her up and hugged her, and they walked out together arm in arm. So let me ask you all, especially you my dear friends Lynn and Renee, was that something easy for that mother to forgive?? I think not and yet she did. She realized the pain the neighbor, someone who was her friend, was suffering and would suffer forever more. Please ladies, think sometimes of the other persons pain before your own. Most of us have made a silly mistake unintentionally, and probably will again. Its the principle of "those living in a glass house." Now let it be, say a prayer for one another and lets continue business as usual, loving one another, imperfections and all...please! And if you would, please all say a prayer for baby Lisa who is in heaven now, and will never have the chance to make her own mistakes.

Edited by chatty lady (08/22/07 09:21 PM)

#124791 - 08/22/07 10:17 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Beautifully worded Chatty, although I know it was with much grief and pain on your part. We all need to be reminded that even though we think our situation is the most important thing in the world, and that our crisis is the worst by far, that what's happening to us is paramount, just STOP! Think about Lisa, her Mother, broken-hearted and grieving, and of the woman who will have to live with this forever, even though it was an accident.

It puts everything into perspective, doesn't it?

Thank you Chatty for reminding us all about what matters. What truly matters. I will be praying for everyone!

#124792 - 08/23/07 02:34 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hello Chatty, I am so sorry to hear about your neighbor's little girl. This is awful news. Not only the mother but the neighbor. I am glad the mother walked up to the neighbor. A 4 year old child

#124793 - 08/23/07 01:02 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Princess Lenora]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Oh Chatty, what a tragic accident! How much sadness and pain both mother and neighbor must be enduring. It's unspeakable!

I pray for both families, as it will not be easy for them, but am so glad Lisa's mom chose to forgive. It helps the healing process for both.

How many times we succumb under our own sorrows, not knowing that the burden our neighbor carries is so much heavier! Things like these make us more aware of the needs of others. Thanks for sharing this, Chatty!
NABBW & NAWW

#124794 - 08/23/07 01:07 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Songbird]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Chatty, a prayer is going out to everyone. This is going to be difficult for a long time to come. So horrible.

Forgivness is not always easy, but it lifts so much weight from everyones shoulders.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#124795 - 08/23/07 03:36 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Anno]
Princess Lenora Offline

I dreamt about this little girl last night, after saying prayers when I read Chatty's post. I dreamt there was a desert dust storm (also known as dust devils in the desert) and she (the little girl) was in the midst of it, and I (who me?) lifted her off the ground and out of the midst of the storm to safety in the palm of God's hand. (He's got the whole world in his hands...) Her name in the dream was Katie (I woke up thinking of Chatty) Katie's mother's name was Sally, which means "friendly." In the dream, we were all the village, as in "it takes a village." No need to analyze the dream more here, that's not what I am saying, but it does seem that this tragedy arrived on this thread in the midst of a stirring storm. Do we want to start a new thread for Chatty's friends and neighbors? Just a thought. I'm not usually the one to start prayer threads, but I'd like to move on from my own self, with gratitude, of course, to all of you who spent your time and love when I was in need. L, PL

#124796 - 08/23/07 11:24 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I know why the name Princess fits you dear lady. You did pick up on the message given, that we are all human and we all suffer and we all need love and forgiveness. None of us gets out of this world alive. I want to be remembered as kind, loving and a peacemaker, if possible. There is no need for a separate prayer section for baby Lisa. Nice suggestion though.
We can all appreciate your troubles Lynn, and theirs, the mother and neighbors familys, and our own troubles as well, and we can say prayers that encompass everyone.
Thank you all for caring enough to pray for everyone. God love us all exactly the same, saint and sinner alike.
God Bless us all.
I ordered a wreath for baby Lisa and on the standing arrangement of an Angel the card reads from the:

WONDERFUL WOMEN OF BOOMER WOMEN SPEAK, You are in ALL their prayers.

That kind of says it all...

Edited by chatty lady (08/23/07 11:30 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#124797 - 08/24/07 12:02 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
What a wonderful gesture, dear Chatty. My heart just aches for Lisa's family and all involved. One thing I've learned along my own painful journey is to recognize that others around me also walk wounded...forgiveness and the courage to care can often become the ladder that helps another wounded heart to climb out of the quicksand and continue the journey. Thank you for reminding us...

(Maya Angelou)

#124798 - 08/24/07 12:55 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Eagle Heart]
Princess Lenora Offline

Wow, Chatty, how thoughtful. You are kind, loving, and a peacemaker. And yes, Eagle, it does take courage to care. Sometimes it's easier to have a guarded heart, but then who are we inside those walls? Solitary...souls. It takes courage to escape the walls of confinement and care...

#124799 - 08/29/07 02:20 PM I've done that... [Re: Princess Lenora]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dear Internet Friends,
I've done what Renee did. I've gotten off subject a time or two and didn't mean to. But that's the problem with being human. We humans make mistakes. However, every one of you folks' are warm, loving, caring people. And you lift my spirit everyday that I read these forums. I came in here a while ago but Chatty's neighbors' situation made me so heartbroken, I couldn't post. I pray for Princess and her family and Chatty's neighbors. Little Lisa is in the arms of the Lord. She's safe and loved, now and for all eternity! God bless every person going through difficult times!
May The Holy Spirit comfort ALL!!!!

Edited by bonnierose333 (08/29/07 02:22 PM)

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved