The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 89 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 16 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#124155 - 10/01/07 05:33 PM Re: Son on the scene again but now there's two of [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kate, carry in dear friend. Celebrate your close friends. Wish I could have tagged along.

I hope to go to a wine festival this weekend.

http://www.boordy.com/main.html

#124156 - 10/02/07 07:54 AM Re: Son on the scene again but now there's two of
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Do they make wine in Maryland Dotsie?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#124157 - 10/02/07 03:35 PM Re: Son on the scene again but now there's two of [Re: chatty lady]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
They make wine in all 50 states -- even Alaska! Now, the quality of wine in all 50 states does vary! LOL!

#124158 - 10/02/07 03:46 PM Re: Son on the scene again but now there's two of [Re: Casey]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Well wine, now that's a positive topic. Much better then the one I started with :-)

Peace and quiet on the home front and a nice glass of wine ahhhhh!
Kate

#124159 - 10/02/07 04:40 PM Re: Son on the scene again but now there's two of [Re: katebcca]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Kate, I read all the post this month so I could catch up with what's going on with your son. It all sounds so positive. Such good steps and in the right direction. I totally agree with you that you can never give up hope and should latch on to those wonderful serendipity moments when we can!

Keep us posted and know while we may not always respond, we ARE reading and holding you close to our hearts!

#124160 - 10/02/07 05:37 PM Re: Son on the scene again but now there's two of [Re: jawjaw]
katebcca Offline

Thank you JawJaw, I appreciate that and I also appreciate the support from all the wonderful women on this forum.
Kate

#124161 - 10/02/07 08:12 PM Re: Son on the scene again but now there's two of [Re: katebcca]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yes, we have several wineries in MD.

Check us out at www.marylandwine.com

#124162 - 11/19/07 06:41 AM Re: Son on the scene again but now there's two of
katebcca Offline

Just wanted to let all of you know that my son is doing great. He has been at the treatment centre for over two months now.
He was here last weekend on a pass and it went well. I actually got pictures of all of my three kids together. I have not had a photo of them together in over 5 years. What a blessing. He even bonded with his younger brother. I just have to tell you this. My younger son has always been afraid of his older brother. He was not treated very well by him and resented him and was also protective of me. He has not been able to trust him and I don't blame him. The first night my son was here both boys watched a movie together. My older son has seen a great change in his brother who is now 14 almost as tall as him and a big strong kid, also very mature. When my younger son has friends sleep over they always camp out in the living room in sleeping bags. When I got up in the morning, I crashed before them, the two of them were on the floor in sleeping bags. I almost started to cry. Went back to bed and said a very big thank you prayer.
Prayer does work, sometimes it seems to take a long time but there is a reason for that I'm sure. I had waited a long long time for this moment.

This week he is being baptized into the Mormon church. This church is located near the treatment centre and provides outreach to the men at the shelter. They have been very supportive of him. The great thing about it is Mormons are not allowed to drink or use substances so it was a good choice. I know that for addicts finding God can be a very powerful experience for them and is a great comfort when they hit rock bottom.

I think he found it difficult being back in his old home although he never let on. I just found him to be kind of stressed when I dropped him off at the bus depot to go back the the centre. I think that is to be expected. I have no doubt, religion or not that if he came back here it would only be a matter of time and he would be into the drugs again. He knows that too and is working on going to another supportive living facility where he can stay for up to a year after he graduates on December 7th. I will be so proud to see him graduate this program. He has been five times and only lasted a week. He's doing well.
Just thought I'd share as I know many of you were with me through this.
Kate

#124163 - 11/19/07 01:35 PM Re: Son on the scene again but now there's two of [Re: katebcca]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
kate its been a long bumpie journey for you. I greatfull and full of joy to find out its all comming together for you. i know its been tough and you made manie harwrenching tough desisions over the last while. but now i hope you reep the bountie of those tough descisions. today i reallie glade to have read you latest up-dating post.
thanks verie much

#124164 - 11/19/07 08:25 PM Re: Son on the scene again but now there's two of [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Kate, thanks for sharing your good news. It's time, isn't it?

I'm grateful your younger son stuck around and gave his older brother a chance. I'm sure it was meaningful for both of them.

I pray that he continues on his path to recovery and goes to another living center so he can stay on the right path.

I know two recovering addicts and both had to leave their home towns to make it work.

I'm sure your Thanksgiving will be happier this year!

Page 6 of 16 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved