The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 203 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#123949 - 11/05/07 05:51 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
maybe later today...
D/

"Question your privilege"

#123950 - 11/05/07 09:52 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: ladyjane]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Meredith, I have the full, pouty, kissable lips of an Italian woman and use nothing but plain old Vaseline in a jar. I apply a light covering in the morning after brushing my teeth, again in early afternoon (especially in summer at the pool)and again at bedtime, It is the best moisturizer ever made and soooo inexpensive. MY hands, elbows and feet are soft and smooth as a babies, again using only Vaseline. It's what the professional models 'all' use...

Edited by chatty lady (11/05/07 09:53 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#123951 - 11/06/07 12:46 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: meredithbead]
dancer9 Offline

Okay, I've some more tips. Coming in a few min., I'll put them here. It's fun that some of you like them!
I'm stealing years and years of hanging out with models, dancers and actors!
- Nails. Your nail ends should be as wide as your nail bed. You should have square shaped ends on your nails the width of the bottem of the nail. Things look neater that way.
- I can cause any woman to loose weight, just ask and I'll give tips. I've had to do it for SO many people. People loose weight being around me!
-Nails should be one of three colors now:
Rose, RED, or natural. A french manicure is now a cheap look because everyone, even someone's 13 year old daughter has a french manicure! You should stop switching colors over and over at about age 12! Fact: Most women wear the same nail polish color year after year, day after day!
-build your wardrobe around black or beige. ( LOL, I like to call beige, "off white," or ecru is my favorite.) Add color as you go along and know there are MANY different "blacks," and many different "beiges," so you have to match your blacks and beiges. Wash the washables in Woolite for Black, it works.
-Different color shirts and pants/skirts, can make you look stout. If you do pair such things, try to wear a print top or bottom that has the color of the other in it. This looks polished and fun, it also makes you look taller.
-tights that cut off at the ankle make any woman's leg (and men's, lets not be sexist,) look short. Keep your tights to capri length or with feet. Nothing inbetween will do. Throw um out! ------------->
-If you are good with color: Mix prints! It is an art. There are women who can mix prints top and bottom and it is an AMAZING look! It is fashionable and always has been. You must have the gift though, to be able to see what print will go with another. Anyone may have the gift to do this, you do not have to know fashion, it's an "eye," thing. If you have it, raise your hand, I'd like to shake it! If you are that person, match prints and watch um turn green with envy!
-Stretch through your day. Everybody usually has to go through a rehab program that involves stretch at some time. We do not stay limber, SO: Stretch in the kitchen as you reach for something, stretch at work by turning in your chair at the waist as far as you can both ways, stretch as you watch T.V., sit in a lotus position on your couch. If you have any dance training, dance through your day, stretching and making up ways to stretch each day.
- To really see what you look like, take a snap shot of yourself in your minds eye. Now~ look at yourself as if you were seeing yourself in a store or something, shopping. THATS how you look. The mirror is useless to us in this way after a short time. Take that picture and try it, tell me if you see yourself more clearly.
- If you are scrubbing your skin with a brush as I suggested, tell me so I can give you the next step to younger softer skin. I am always surprising people with the softness of my skin. I have a recipe I use without fail.
-Never go to sleep with anything on your face but moisture, I mean NEVER. It matters, it really does.
- There are lovely and beautiful older women, have you seen them? They are women who accept their age and are graceful and stylish and have their own "look." We must strive for that, not to look "young.' "Young," ends at 29.
- Botox helps the face to not move, therefore, preventing wrinkles. That is a bunch of junk. It does not last and looks funny. BUT, dancers and models, for example, wrinkle less. They do so because for years their job has been to hold their face without expression! Think about what your face has been doing all day. Has it been stressing? If so, you will get worry wrinkles. Have you been calm? If so, you will have less wrinkles, etc...
I have many more. How are these?
Anyone try vinegar and water rince before they washed their hair? It works! Only once a month. A quarter cup vinegar and water poured over your wet hair before washing will make your hair healthier and immediate results will be seen and felt!

Say Cheez!

dancer 9
ask me anything, I've heard some women wondering about it too!

#123952 - 11/06/07 01:17 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Just like I said....
Chatty is right. We can't moisterize our skin from the outside. We can only keep water on it, and Vaseline is as good as anything else. It's in what feels good to you.
dancer who likes shea butter.

#123953 - 11/06/07 01:23 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: meredithbead]
dancer9 Offline

Good to hear, Meredith!
dancer

#123954 - 11/06/07 04:22 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: dancer9]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Dancer, you and I think alike about Botox and the frozen or half-frozen face end-result.

Must be hard not to laugh whole-heartedly and allow one's own face to feel the goodness of a big laugh --with smile wrinkles.

In my humble opinion cosmetic surgery is justified for: faces disfigured by large birthmarks, burn /fire or other major injury.

Today on the commuter train, there was this lovely young and fashionable woman, about in her 30's who was badly disfigured by a huge red/purple birthmark that enveloped 1/2 of her face. Her marked face literally was 3x swollen-purple over her normal side. Many people found it difficult to look at her head-on without staring alot. Most definitely cosmetic surgery would have been most meaningful for her..an act of mercy.

By the way, what's a French manicure? Yea, I'm pathetic.

#123955 - 11/06/07 03:21 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: orchid]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

They have lasers that remove the port wine birthmarks. Poor woman.

Once my doctor injected my migraine botox too low and I couldn't move my eyebrows for a month. It was awful trying to form an expression with nothing moving.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#123956 - 11/06/07 10:21 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I met this incredible woman at the conference this weekend. She developed this makeup that is perfect for different skin tones and for covering birth marks, moles, etc. Her site is www.lindaseidelpro.com

#123957 - 11/07/07 12:08 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: orchid]
dancer9 Offline

To treat a "strawberry," birthmark,a doctor does laser treatment after laser treatment until it is faded. It takes a long time to finish removing it. You go through sessions. They are one of hardest things to deal with and are there at birth. Most parents start the laser treatments while the child is very, very young now.
I doubt insurance would cover it for an older person though. It must be very hard to live with one.
dancer

#123958 - 11/09/07 02:42 PM Capes...? Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: Sadie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
They say capes are big now. And those of us in our 50s and 60s can use them as an upgrade to our wardrobe. I saw those darn pointed toes and six inch healed shoes in the store recently. My feet hurt looking at them. Some of the new boot fashions are cute, this year. Oprah says everybody needs a crisp, white shirt/blouse. And nice fitting jeans are a plus at any age. They also say leather, whether it be a vest, coat or jacket/blazer is an asset.

Edited by bonnierose333 (11/09/07 02:47 PM)

Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved