The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 195 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >
Topic Options
#123939 - 10/27/07 10:06 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: dancer9]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
You are overly generous, dancer on natural Asian beauty. But true, that even my 4 sisters don't wear much makeup, but some wear abit more than me (me =no makeup about 90% of the time).

Curling my eyelashes doesn't do anything, my eyelashes are short. But it's ok, it's still not enough incentive to wear mascara.

When I do wear makeup, it is: foundation, plus powder blush and some lipstick.

I choose earrings that are original in design and all in silver: silver swans, silver lily flowers, phoneix birds, aboriginal design ravens, silver leaf boughs, etc. Yes, if I found dangling silver snowflakes or filigreed silver starbursts I would wear them! Another reason why having a haircut short enough for me ...cut above the earlobes is important to me.

So long hair just well....would cover up that earring artistry.

I agree the ice water on face can perk up person's visage. come to think of it, any outdoor winter exercise is excellent for anyone to look alive and refreshed. Not quite same effect as exercising in hot summer heat...

#123940 - 10/28/07 12:33 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: orchid]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Oh no, Orchid,I am not overstating the Asian beauty factor! No one, in my own opinion, can wear jewerly as well as an Asian woman! It looks magnificent and you must know that as you described, (and thank you for the visual,) some of your jewelry! Natural Asian beauty is something I appreciate and not just because I have a close friend who is Asian, but because it has been established long ago: I have excellent taste!

Your need for blush, Orchid, the wonderful Asian, is there. If you use it ever so lightly on the apples of your cheeks to your hairline, moving up, (lightly, again,) you will accent that natural beauty with no work.

I know you have experienced racism and those who cannot appreciate your beauty. I have as well. I look like an Italian American woman and although I came from a wealthy family, my boyfriends who were "white," worried when I met their parents. I also, like you, did not blend in. I know what it's like to hate your features because they are not Anglo. I'm past all that as you are and I love myself for who I am and in fact, celebrate my heritage.

Do you know, Orchid, that MY race is the race it is STILL alright to insult, sterotype and make jokes about? From the Supranos to the pizza man, we are teased, people use a bronx accent and pretend they are Italian when they are joking. I endured and endure much racism towards me.

It did not affect my career, as am artist, it probably helped me. I did well in Europe, etc because of my race.

Anyway, back to beauty. Yours is special and I'm sure you know how to choose jewelry that becomes you. I admire the ability you have to wear jewerly.

dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#123941 - 10/28/07 01:47 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: dancer9]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I have to say my fashion practices aren't rebellion. Just a sign of...sheer laziness that is reflected in minimal effort..

Lest boomer chicks here think I walk out of the house in pj's... I do care enough about how I look, I just express it in exercise. That's all.

#123942 - 11/04/07 12:49 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

How are everyone's lips? I feel more tips coming on! I may have to go on a rampage again with them!
dancer, hoping everyone has peachy lips.

#123943 - 11/04/07 03:27 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
since we had the hot dry winds (Santa Anas) and fires 2 weeks ago, I've had a split lip that still hasn't healed. I'm using a product called Lips Bee Healthy by Jason Natural cosmetics -- aloe, beeswax, shea butter, etc. Feels good on, but I want this to heal already!

Poet and essayist

#123944 - 11/04/07 04:21 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: meredithbead]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

My dentist gave me cream for my poor lips and they are healing...finally! Can't brush them yet tho.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#123945 - 11/04/07 05:14 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: Dianne]
Mountain Ash Offline

Merideth
manuka honey may help your lips.
Mountain ash

#123946 - 11/04/07 11:50 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: meredithbead]
dancer9 Offline

Meredith,
Just keep applying it as often as you can. Lips, as I said, have no pores. The best we can do for them is keep them moist and avoid any bacteria getting into the split.

Keeping lips moist is an age old problem. Most of us, dancers, models, that is, like to use shea butter. We go through tubs of shea, for our feet, legs, etc... Even pure shea for our lips. The quality shea is the best and not found in drug stores. If anyone wants to know where to get shea products, just PM me.

Meredith, again, all you can do is apply and apply and that will speed the healing. Keeping them very moist is the answer. If it gets worse or takes a new color or worse, stings worse, you need an ointment, usually the kind that is used for athlete's foot, believe it or not, will heal it right up. If your lip ever stings, try those creams like Lotrium and watch it go away in a day or so!
dancer, with the answer! LOL.

Edited by dancer9 (11/04/07 11:55 PM)

#123947 - 11/05/07 03:47 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
thanks everyone for the tips! I've just reapplied my lip balm. Thankfully, no stinging or weird colors

Poet and essayist

#123948 - 11/05/07 12:29 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: meredithbead]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
MORE tips, dancer! They were all intersting and fun....ready when you are!

Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved