The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 200 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#123909 - 10/23/07 01:12 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I can weaqr literally any color, blue eyes, light olive skin and brownish, now greyish hair. But for me comfort is my God now. I don't care about color or least of all style, I want comfort...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#123910 - 10/23/07 01:25 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Oh, Chatty, I want comfort too! to be cont.. I'll get timed out.
When you have Chronic Pain, you can get pain that makes your skin feel like little needles are sticking you. THAT makes me seek out whatever is soft and FAST.
For those times, I have some rules.
It has to be cashmere or fake cashmere if you can't afford it, and GOOD fake cashmere.
It has to have elastic waist if it's pants or a skirt, NO belts for me, NO waist bands, none of that hurting stuff.
It has to be something I can sleep it, so, I find myself buying those pants and tops that are made to wear mix and match in colors that I like and wearing them. It depends on your price point in finding them but many women find them at "Chico's." I like "C.P. Shades," but that is hard to find and a bit expensive.
Most of these clothes have a relaxing elastic waist band, your choice of a T shirt, or a shirt, shirt with collar, OR a sweater of the samem color. If you want a dress, they make dresses of the same soft cotton that match the sweaters and the pants so you can even wear the pants under the dress! When I hurt like that, I layer those cotton peices until I feel warm enough or cool enough to feel really good and I make sure the shirt or T, ( I really don't wear T's but if I did...) comes down long enough to let me forget about it coming up and showing the top of my pants or skirt! I want to forget about what I'm wearing and still look sheik! So, I choose, most of the time, matching colors and wear one color. Some women find those pieces and wear a patterned shirt make to match the pants or skirt and mix it up like that.
If the fabric is nice, and the color is nice, you will look very sophisticated and you don't have to try because these types of clothes go in your dryer and come out ready to wear.

That's what I'd do Chatty. I heard you say comfort, I really did!
dancer, Chronic Pain patient

"Question your privilege"

#123911 - 10/23/07 05:13 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: dancer9]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

Hi Jaw Jaw! Excuse me, but first, let me do this:
Orchid, If you saw orange, the right orange, with a pink, the right pink, you would see a "happening," combination. I know that orange is some people's nightmare and I must say that orange is hard to wear. I wanted to give you an option.

dancer, wink

Did I ask about colour combinations? Anywy, I do have and enjoy wearing a lovely orange top, close to the shade I see in your avatar right now. I would call it a deep, rich cantaloupe shade.

Only certain pinks. A light but slightly strong pink, fuschia pink-mauve or a bright coral pink. I actually sewed a tailored dress in that colour and wore it for several years with a wide black patent leather belt and black shoes.

Yes, there are advantages in having naturally black hair. Jewel / some bright colours show very well.

Many elderly Asians can still wear medium bright red well... this is why I advocate an aging Asian woman never dyes her hair blonde...so she can wear red lively shades well.

The colour of luck.

#123912 - 10/23/07 11:15 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: orchid]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I'm also a redhead like JJ, except m red is quite light. I can, and do, wear deep pinks and have always been told it's "my" color...I know that might be surprising. I also did something a couple of months ago which shocked even myself! I wore a YELLOW t-shirt and agonized that I'd look washed up. My husband loved the color on me as he's never seen me wear it. To my surprise, several other people commented, too. So I guess I didn't know all I could about what colors I can get away with. I was always afraid of looking washed out. I wear pretty much whatever I want but agree that deep blues and purples look nice....except my fuchia pink, which I love!

#123913 - 10/23/07 04:54 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Periwinkle is another color that I love and seems to draw ressponses from people, along with the mustard color, and purples..I love purples. I also love black for dressing up. Nothing makes me feel more feminine than a nice, simple black sheath with pearls!

ps---I'm not a deep redhead. I use to be in high school, but now I'm what is known as a strawberry blonde.

#123914 - 10/23/07 06:29 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: orchid]
dancer9 Offline

Orchid,
Is red the color of luck!? How nice is that? I agree with you, we of some color can wear all jewel tones quite well but yes, red is a color we can wear the hell out of! We also look good in red, red lipstick if we are so inclined. My mother, a painter of some success before her illness took over, would wear only red lipstick and no other make up, (she was French/Italian,) and pull that off at night like I never saw! She had her particular ways because she was a trained painter and most of her "rules," were ones that worked.
Then there is that statement in fashion that women over 40 can wear red lipstick. If I wear red lipstick, I am DRESSED. I have to be careful with that because I am really looking dressed up with lip colour.

Red heads: Stick with the deep jewel tones to keep with a sophisticated look rather than a, for lack of a better word, "cheap," look. Red hair has all sorts of lore connected to it, some if it very funny!

No, Orchid, you did not ask for color combinations, you just expressed a dislike for orange head to toe. That CAN be scary unless it is a burnt orange. Again, orange with a bright pink scarf can be stunning if you have the right color.
The new mix for high, high fashion? Pastel green with purple, (deep.) This is a couture look that is being tried.

Funky. I like it better for home decor!
dancer

#123915 - 10/23/07 07:06 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: dancer9]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
So given all of that, do you think my Halloween costume has all the right colors?

#123916 - 10/23/07 07:10 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

LOL, it's peachy, Jaw Jaw! It's Wonder woman, meets Madonna, meets clown. I'd say you'll scare the hell out of EVERYONE! LOLOLOL! Thanks for the phono, I love it.
dancer

#123917 - 10/23/07 08:06 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: dancer9]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Just brushed my eyeballs….Good Grief! Now I see two torpedo women!

#123918 - 10/23/07 08:14 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Lovely....scared me though!
Thanks for the laugh, now my butt hurts from falling on the floor!!!!!!! LOL

Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved