The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 215 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#123899 - 10/19/07 07:44 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: dancer9]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
I read we are supposed to brush our tongues too...goodness, I might as well use a scrubbing brush and do the whole teeth, lips and tongue at once...what a sight!! hee hee hee!

#123900 - 10/19/07 07:47 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: Countrygirl]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
LOL, Country Girl,
I use an electric toothbrush!
Fact: Lips have no pores. So, we cannot really put anything on them that can "sink in," in anyway. All we can do for lips is to protect them with the best thing we can find.
My favorites are shea butter, (which is the cream most chosen by professional dancers to soften feet and legs and to keep them from being dry. It has to be good shea though...) or a Carmax or something... It really is about what you feel does the best for you and what will cover them with something protective and non-drying. No magic bullet.
Course, Country girl can tell us that we can sloth them off and make them smooth before we put that stuff on them!

You have no pores under your eyes either. Be gentle.

I'm full of silly trivia here.
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#123901 - 10/19/07 08:00 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: orchid]
dancer9 Offline

You're right, Orchid, dresses are dropped waist, or they are empire line. The menswear look is big with a hat, as women started wearing that man's look at that time. There are colors and sweaters as vests.

You might benefit from a vinegar wash anyway because there would be shampoo residue on your hair. If your skin is oily, it does help to wash your hair more often, you are right. You might try the rinse to see if it helps your hair.

The flat iron is used by women with straight hair! It is used by those with straight hair to make their hair sheet-like. They want hair that has a flat cuticle so it lies downn like it never did. It is a VERY flat look! It is used by woman with slightly wavey hair as well! Those with very wirey hair would use it as they always have: First have their hair straightened and then use a flat iron on that! There are women with very slightly wavy hair having it chemically straighened and then using an iron! To straighten your hair is not good for it chemically, but they do it so it is easier to keep up. It is a good look, the flat iron, that is, but requires using the iron daily so it's best to use a product to coat your hair first. I imagine you with very thick hair, is this right? It might be stunning if you were inclined to take the time to straighten it. Don't worry about damage if you condition your hair well when you wash it.

A matte face would look stunning also if you have oily skin. There are some new great products for keeping your skin matte that work easily. Being Italian, I use those products to make my skin matte and often it's all I wear, and I skip eye make up as my eyelashes are already black. Are yours as well? I skip lipstick altogether and stay with just a matte face when I am casual. I'm not the type, although I know all about it, to cover myself with make up. sSome women need make up to show up, and that is fine with me too.

I had one other thing I wanted to comment on in your post but I forgot it and cannot check your post from here! drat!
Oh well,
Best to you, Orchid,
dancer

#123902 - 10/19/07 08:12 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: orchid]
dancer9 Offline

To remind,
The vinegar rinse should be done only about every 3 months.
dancer

#123903 - 10/22/07 05:56 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Raise your hand if you've been brushing your lips...and tongue!

#123904 - 10/22/07 08:55 PM Re: boomer fashion tips
dancer9 Offline

Oh! I have, I have! What's good enough for this forum is good enough for me!
I'm also using Retin-A on my face which everyone should. (That or Renova.) It makes us shine! (Not as in shiny, never shiny! Stay Matte!)
dancer, has to watch such things...

#123905 - 10/22/07 09:55 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: dancer9]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I love all of this. I'm soaking it up like a sponge...

dancer, being a redhead, (and yes, it's MY hair) colors are hard to pick out. My eyebrows are none existent, and I would sell my left boob to figure out how to get rid of the "smoking" years around my lips. Any suggestions?

#123906 - 10/23/07 12:45 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Hi Jaw Jaw! Excuse me, but first, let me do this:
Orchid, If you saw orange, the right orange, with a pink, the right pink, you would see a "happening," combination. I know that orange is some people's nightmare and I must say that orange is hard to wear. I wanted to give you an option.

Thanks, Jaw Jaw!
Okay, redheads can look so very good in deep deep purples! I love that, it is so classy and so hip! If you accent that ppurple with deep green, (refuse to wear bright greens, please,) you will have a nice look for a redhead. Deep purple is full of good taste and says "I know what I'm doing when I get dressed!" Redheads look better in black than they think and tend to get a bit "cheap," for lack of a better word, when they give in to that need to wear green. Only accent with green and you will look like the sophisticated woman you are! Another color that is rare and that a redhead can blow the doors off is mustard! Mustard is incrediable on red heads! If I was a red head, I would dress in surprising colors that no redhead thought of and not listen to those sales people in some stores that bring you green, for example, or brown and tell you, "this will look so nice with your hair!" Try new things! If you want more colors, I'll give um to you!
You smoking lips are really treated with botox injections every three months but who wants that?
The thing that takes the edge of those and other things is called "Renova," or "Retin-A." Those creams are perscribed by your doctor, any doctor and they are used on your skin at night. They will cause your skin to peel, and peel a lot at times but there are ways to control that. With all that peeling comes layers of little wrinkles that were too deep! Also, as you peel your skin, it gets to be the same color all over and gets rid of those dark patches you can't see and light places. With one color of skin, they blend in nicely. The OMG thing that some women do, and some with success and some with burns is use salicylic acid which is found in wart remover products. This acid peels layers off their face very well, and as I said, sometimes too well! It vcan cause VERY serious burns and the women who use it well will buy callous remover, smear it on a nasty set of wrinkles for SECONDS and then wash it off FAST. I do not recomment you try this at home unless you are a nurse or you know how to use it because of some other education. BUT, you asked, so I gave it all to you! W/O Plastic surgery, those lines are hard to get rid of but botox wipes them right out. A shot of botox will last you about 4 months before your skin eats it so you have to keep it up again and again.

Hows that? I hope it helped. Let me know if you have questions,

dancer, wink

Edited by dancer9 (10/23/07 01:01 AM)

#123907 - 10/23/07 12:53 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: dancer9]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hey doll...got any tips for MOI?

#123908 - 10/23/07 01:03 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Oui, mon cher, did you get them?
dancer

Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved