The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#123426 - 07/14/07 11:13 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: meredithbead]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I have signed and have sent the link to everyone on my email list, and I know that my partner and my sons will forward it on to others. Thanks for letting us know about this!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#123427 - 07/15/07 06:48 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: yonuh]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hi Ladies, again.....from the bottom of my heart, I thank you and I knew I would find some support for this travesty here...

Yonuh, that is a brilliant idea for everyne else to do..as you would imagine I have aready done so in my mailing list and I am just about to forward to as many of the women's groups and L.B.G.T groups in Ireland as I can find.

I spoke with Roisin last night and she is made up with the support and tells me to pass on her thanks again to all concerned(she may even pop in for a wee browse herself)
She is up-beat...but then, such is her nature...and was made up that I had thought of the above groups.

The court date is not far off...so I imagine that we won't get much time to chat, outside of all this she is as busy as heck anyhow with family, work and kids. I hope to get to see her soon.

Mer, I will speak to her about your request...she may even be up for it herself. Can you pm me please with all necessary info on Ms mag so that I am better informed as to what they are about(I don't know the mag!!)

Again.....I cannot thank you all enough for asisting one friend help her bestest friend.

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#123428 - 07/15/07 07:19 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Great idea meredith! Should we all follow suit or wait until you hear something.
Let's make some noise! I know some newspaper people in Canada. Would that help, I'm wondering. It could get picked up by others.

Heres to Hope.

#123429 - 07/16/07 01:30 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: chickadee]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
http://msmagazine.com/

Ms. Magazine is a feminist magazine with a very strong commitment to human rights. That's why I thought of them first. They often break news ignored by the mainstream press. I don't know anyone connected to the magazine, but the more of us who write, the better the odds of this seeing press. Email:
contentsuggestions@msmagazine.com

I sent the link to the action/petition page (posted by Po in this thread.)

Chick -- and everyone -- whether you know any newspeople or not -- nothing happens until someone acts.

Poet and essayist

#123430 - 07/16/07 10:55 AM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: meredithbead]
Poppie Offline

Chick...go for it...all the support is needed, no matter where in the world.
The initial link that I posted to the site for 'friends of' is or should be updated by now to hold a page for organisations who have asked for their members to have a look and have their say..to permit said organisations to leave a short paragraph noting why they have joined in support.

Keep shouting Ladies, Please!

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#123431 - 07/19/07 12:38 PM Re: Please help My Dearest Friend!! [Re: Poppie]
Poppie Offline

Hi Ladies, a quick update on Roisins' situation. I spoke with her last night and she is as well as one could be at this time. The court date draws closer, yet she remains boiyant...and never ceases to amaze me.

She had me in tears last night...not sad tears...she had me laughing so hard, I was crying!!!
One liners and mini monologues tripping off her tounge, she is in fact one of the funniest women I have the good fortune to know(not sure if she could give JJ a run for her money mind.....(is that a gauntlet I see before me!!!LOL).

I am emailing her all the links for 'boomers' so that she can see for herself...just exactly who and what I have been talking about for all the time I have been a part of this 'family'.

Mer, I have been given the go for Ms mag should they wish to take her story up.

Again Ladies...I cannot thank you enough

Popea

#123432 - 07/19/07 01:27 PM Dearest Friends, R so very precious... [Re: Poppie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Po,
My prayers go out for your friend. I love people like her.
And I know how much she means to you. Such friends are few and far between and they're the flowers in the garden of life. May God bless her and you. People that stand by you in an hour of need, you forever hold in the highest regard.
Prayers and blessings,
b. rose

#123433 - 07/19/07 02:50 PM Re: Dearest Friends, R so very precious... [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Po, I'm glad you chose to spread the word here. Thanks for asking. I appreciate the respect you have for the forums.

#123434 - 07/20/07 09:16 PM Re: Dearest Friends, R so very precious...
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Any new news, Po?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#123435 - 07/31/07 09:06 PM Re: Dearest Friends, R so very precious... [Re: Anno]
Poppie Offline

Hello Ladies

Nothing further to bring you up to speed in terms of Roisin.
I have spoken to her again not so long back and she is full of craic and carry on....has me in hoots.

Please keep her in mind ladies as this could get dirty.

She sends her kindest regards

Much Love

Po

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved