The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#122657 - 07/29/07 02:30 PM Re: Back yard [Re: Sadie]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm leaving for AZ tomorrow and will get a chance to investigate the yard at the new house. However, it was up to 118 degrees but they tell me they are having a cool front of 110 degrees! Ha! I'll be gone a week so you gals be good.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#122658 - 07/29/07 04:34 PM Re: Back yard [Re: Dianne]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Enjoy your pool Dianne! Make big splash bombs so you won't have to water your garden. Hah!

Dotsie, when we get our new fence, I'll post a picture. We ordered a white wrought iron fence. I love it when flowers grow out between the iron rods.

I wish more of you would post pictures. It really isn't hard. I assume you all take digital photos. If you have that, then 90% of the work is already done. It would be great to see all your gardens. Just to give you a little idea…here is a 'before' picture:

boo

#122659 - 07/30/07 01:26 AM Re: Back yard [Re: Edelweiss]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Diane ,
Are you all on the move again. Where in AZ . Love Az when I was there in the 60"s . Winter's are mild .

#122660 - 07/30/07 12:43 PM Re: Back yard [Re: Sadie]
Edelweiss Offline

Emyjay, your pond sounds like out of a picture book. Koi fish are very expensive here. They are a luxury item, and have even been stolen out of ponds!

Jeez, 0ur pond is sooo small that our goldfish have turned into cannibals. We have one speckled fish; his name is Robinson Crusoe, and he's always on the run. Run? I mean swim.

A pussy willow bush is just perfect at the edge of a pond. The rocks along the edge of our pond are just beginning to get covered with the low plants that we planted in between. I know what you mean when you say it will look so much better when the plastic edge isn't visible anymore. I bet you have water lilies too. We have minature water lilies. I love them cause you don't have to water them. Ha!

Do you have a water fountain? We have a teeny water fall that trickles down some rocks and has a huge free fall of about 5 inches into the pond. What I love the very most is our water fountain. It looks like a big soft umbrella falling into the water, and it changes it's shape when the wind blows. Grandbaby and I can sit for an hour just watching it together.

If I had the land, I would love a Japanese Garden with a huge swim-pond, and stepping stones leading zig-zag across.

#122661 - 08/02/07 12:28 AM Re: Back yard [Re: Edelweiss]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
HL that sound butifull both what you have and your dream.

i was once luckie enough before my split up to live in a 100 yard by 60 yard garden with mature eucaliptise tress at the bottom left hand corner was a hugh chestnut tree, i had a little seat their for the occasional day drea, and cigareat break, the wonderes thing was behing our house was a golf course and they had a stream, which ran the back of our garden, so sitting their under the protective brances of that great tree listening to the trickling of the stream was magical some days and hazie summer evenings. i miss that lifestyle for that tree.....pitie i don;t miss the relashionship but hay thats life lol....

i been so busie with trying to get the inside of the house presentible i not had a chances to get my hands in some dirt, god love lucien he onlie so far planted window boxes with me but still got the pride out of watching "his" flowers grow. A love of plants is one thing i hope i can pass onto him.

the land heer is small its more like a yard but maybee some rased decking and lowered flowerbeds at the edgies for big shrubes and minie treass.
well at lest i can dream and read heer for some bits of inspirasion.

#122662 - 08/03/07 11:08 AM Re: Back yard [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, I get such a kick out of you.

#122663 - 08/09/07 06:04 AM Re: Back yard
Edelweiss Offline

Aw Dotsie. I get a kick out of you getting a kick out of me.

#122664 - 08/16/07 01:19 PM Re: Back yard [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am sitting on my patio, surrounded by shades of pink, purple and white impatience and petunias. It's my favorite spot to catch up with you gals. The day is overcast and it feels so good out here. During lunch, I will run to the Farmer's Market to get lots of fresh fruits and veggies, and I will stay away from the bread stand where I usually buy a fresh baked almlond coissant. I wish you were all here and could go with me

#122665 - 08/18/07 08:12 PM Re: Back yard
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Dotsie, you make me want to be there, sounds so cozy. There must be something really special about the New England states.
I have read so many books that take place in that part of the country, they make it sound so wonderful. And I have a sister-in-law that lives on the Eastern Shore and writes about the deer coming right up to her office window at home, having to stop and wait on foxes, deer or other critters to cross.
She has sent some beautiful pics of Chesapeake Bay (where she and hubby sail) and other parts of Maryland. I have been up there, but it was a long time ago, 1980 I think? We went to Annapolis to visit a foster brother in the Naval Academy. It was early June, and I do remember it being beautiful there that time of year. I don't think I could take the winters though.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved