The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 188 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#120210 - 06/02/07 11:58 PM Lose Weight....FAST!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If you want to read a really good book, filled with the information you need to drop no less than 10 pounds of ugly fat a month, "WITHOUT" exercise, this is a must have book. It is short, to the point, easy to read and follow, and you never go hungry, yet the weight falls off...
Call and order, for only $20.00.

LIGHTENING UP
by P. Rehmar
(702) 575-5018

You will be glad you did. This plan works, really works! Right now I am a full 58 pounds lighter, and you all know I hate (and avoid) exercise!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#120211 - 06/03/07 01:12 AM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, tell us m ore. How did you learn about this, how long have you been doing it, what is the secret?

#120212 - 06/03/07 01:31 AM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!!
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Chatty, please do tell us more!!! I really need to drop 20.
Gerri

#120213 - 06/04/07 07:38 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: gerrbeck]
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Well geeze, I wanna know too.

DreamrKate

"Life was not given just to be happy, but to matter. Let me walk in that today." ~Kate

www.dreamrkate.blogspot.com
http://www.DreamrKate.etsy.com/

#120214 - 06/04/07 08:18 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: DreamrKate]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Do tell, Chatty!

#120215 - 06/04/07 08:55 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: Cookie]
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
OK Chatty we're waiting, tell us everything!!!!

Hurry....the Doritos are calling again!

How we handle change determines our Destiny. P. Trapp
www.pattiswriting.com
www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

#120216 - 06/04/07 08:57 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: starting over]
starting over Offline

P.S. Chatty, how did this book help you with the late night eating we've talked about before?

www.pattiswriting.com

#120217 - 06/04/07 11:46 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: starting over]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Imagine that you wrote a book and someone read it that had contact with many people that the information/secrets in this book could help them with...Now instead of telling them how to obtain the book, you blabbed all the secrets it contained to them...NOT COOL!!! And it won't help the poor Author who worked so hard to be able to offer all of his years of research in his book. Sorry girls, buy the book! All I will say is that it helped me and was easy to follow.

Edited by chatty lady (06/04/07 11:49 PM)

#120218 - 06/05/07 12:06 AM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: chatty lady]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
How did you find out about it Chatty? Is this guy a medical doctor or a researcher.

#120219 - 06/05/07 04:05 AM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: NewLeaf]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Maybe we could use it in our book reading club? Chatty, I can't find this book online and I noticed that you have posted a phone number. Is this hardcover, paperback etc? Tell me more please.

#120220 - 06/05/07 09:21 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: chickadee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I spoke to the author myself after seeing his advertisement of the book on the Tyra Banks Show, Dr. Phil Show, and various commercials on VEGAS TV our channel 14. A very good friend gave me a copy because she had such unbelievable success following his easy principals. She weighed nearly 347 pounds and dropped close to 100 pounds in only 9 months and WITHOUT any exercise, other than walking around her home and strores, daily stuff...You can order this paperback book via email to:

orders@lighteningupnow.com
You will then receive an invoice back, via a "secured" email with instructions how to pay PayPal or with credit card. Or you call the number above or write to:

Paul Rehmar
5426 Caprock Canyon Avenue
Las Vegas, NV. 89139

I would never recommend something I had not seen the success of, or tried it myself. His new website will be up soon.

Edited by chatty lady (06/05/07 09:24 PM)

#120221 - 06/05/07 09:26 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: chatty lady]
chickadee Offline

How much does it cost, Chat?

#120222 - 06/06/07 06:32 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: chickadee]
neenee Offline

Loc: Winnipeg Canada
Hi everyone!!

I MUST have this book. It sounds great.

http://www.MaverickMoneyAnswers.com

#120223 - 06/06/07 07:43 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: neenee]
starting over Offline

Chatty, I understand about not wanting to give anything away.....if it doesn't reveal too much could you tell me if this uses 'regualr' food--ie buy at Walmart, etc. Or does it involved having to find Health Food stores....which for me would mean major trips into St. Louis proper.

I am very excited about this. I have sent an email from your link above. I also need to loose a large amount about 85 lbs. I'm hoping this is my answer.

www.pattiswriting.com

#120224 - 06/07/07 01:22 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: starting over]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Chatty,

I can't seem to find anything about this man or his book on the internet...I checked out both Dr. Phil and Tyra Banks Shows and couldn't find him as a guest...

I think several of us are, or would be, interested if we had a bit more concrete information about him and/or the book.

#120225 - 06/07/07 01:39 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Chatty, is this a book you edited? Sounds interesting, do tell!

#120226 - 06/08/07 12:28 AM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Nope JJ, Never heard of it until I saw it on TV first, and then a friend came over with a copy and said it was how she lost all her weight, 100 pounds in less than a year. I was amazed, so I read it and did what it said, and began to lose weight right away. It is easy to follow, nothing special to be bothered with, and "NO EXERCISE" needed. Who has the time? Not me! I am chained to my desk nearly 9 hours a day...

#120227 - 06/08/07 12:34 AM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Question #1, The book costs $20.00

Question #2, Just buy regular food and prepare, nothing special or weird to buy. It works with the low glycemic index.

Question #3, Jane, I would hope my word would be good enough for most who know me.
He did not appear on either show, his book was advertised during the shows, as stated earlierand it is still on Vegas 14 and The Tyra Shows daily.
You can only order it through him at this time. He is local, but I don't know him. I did call and speak to him on the phone, and he does know his stuff. Call or email him first, if you have any doubt.
I only recommended this book because I saw my girlfriend and what it did for her. Unbelieveble!!! And it is working for me, big time...!
Tha, tha, thats all folks...

Edited by chatty lady (06/08/07 12:42 AM)

#120228 - 06/08/07 12:41 AM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
But if we have cravings, will it address how to handle that? I know already what I should eat and that I should exercise, but my cravings get the best of me - always.

Kathy

#120229 - 06/08/07 01:23 AM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

What I'm wondering is that if you don't have to exercise, and you say the woman lost over 100 pounds, what about the excess baggy skin. There HAS to be some.

I thought by your post that you meant it was on the Tyra Banks show, too. Jane wasn't the only one who read it that way. Forgive us. I doubt very seriously if Jane was questioning your word Chatty, she just wanted to get more info on him and went looking. Several of us did the same thing. We were eager to learn more.

So here's my questions:

1) you've bought the book, right? And you read it and highly recommend it?
2) You lost 58 pounds? WOW. Congrats on that accomplishment. I think I found it...ugh.
3) How long a period of time did it take you to lose the 58 pounds?

Inquiring mind wanna know...

#120230 - 06/08/07 10:26 AM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I received the book as a gift from my friend that lost the 100 pounds. I read and reread it, its a short book, I do recommend it because it has worked for me and you all know I am always trying to lose weight. Hate restrictive diets though, (love food) so do well for awhile, then not!!

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I felt as though I was being tested or doubted or something, when all I was trying to do was pass on information about something that was working for me. Its not my book, I am not gaining anything by passing on the news.

Anyway, try it or not, its up to you.
But when we all get together one day, and I am drop dead gorgeous, boy will you be pis--d!!! He, he...

I lost 18 pounds the first month. and have continued to lose about 10 a month.

I haven't peeked under her clothing, lol, but she looks fine to me so far. Of course she is still losing too. She does ride a bike around and does some swimming anyway BUT it isn't a necessity as the foods you eat will literally burn the fat off. Hope this answers your questions. I am buying a book for my brother.

Edited by chatty lady (06/08/07 10:36 AM)

#120231 - 06/08/07 01:02 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: chatty lady]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Thanks for clearing it up...I was just looking for more information about him...I never buy a book without reading the cover...so glad it's working for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#120232 - 06/08/07 02:16 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Chatty, that is fantastic and you crack me up about "not peeking under her clothes." How funny, gal. I bet the exercise she gets from swimming (that is excellent workout!) and the bike has taken care of any excess skin. How wonderful for her. AND FOR YOU!

Thanks for the additional info.

Have any of you heard about this new "pill" thing called Alli? Supposedly.........notice I am wary, this is THE one. You know? The one you take and it does the trick.

Personally, I think cutting back, watching carbs and not eating anything WHITE, exercising, etc...is the only way to lose it and keep it off. I know...boring. Sorry. JJ

#120233 - 06/11/07 12:58 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: jawjaw]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I'm glad it worked or you, Chatty. If we know that excercise, eating balanced, healthy meals, etc. is the best way to lose weight, why is it that some of us have such a difficult time loosing those unwanted extra lbs.?
NABBW & NAWW

#120234 - 06/11/07 02:58 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: Songbird]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Well, for me Songbird, it is consistency. I do it for a while (what I need to do, eat right, exercise, etc.) and then poop out. Along comes some chocolate or a well-meaning friend with a dessert to die for, and I'm toast.

What I need is someone to make me accountable. And the diet buddy thing here works a little, but not entirely for me. I lie. But I'm good at it. What?

So what I need is someone who would SEE me and say, "step awayyyy from that piece of cake, pie, _____(you fill in the blank) and physically make me do right.

Why yes, I'm an adult...why do you ask? mahahahah....

#120235 - 06/13/07 10:02 AM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Songbird, I truly believe we all know the means to lose weight and yet as JJ says, we do well for awhile then wimp out. I have been lucky with this last plan, maybe because Paul Rehmar takes the stress out of the process and makes it seem easier. Don't care because it has worked for me so far. I don't really feel like I am on a diet. And exercise, whats that??? Plus seeing my girlfriend looking so good after so many years of being a fatty, doesn't hurt either...

Edited by chatty lady (06/13/07 10:04 AM)

#120236 - 06/15/07 06:55 AM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: chatty lady]
NewLeaf Offline

Geeze, Chatty, I was on my way into work today and got a call on my cell phone from Paul Rehmar. He was trying to reach me regarding my order for two books, one for me and one for my oldest daughter. He said the book was short and sweet but chock full of 10 steps to losing weight.

I'm all for that. I can sort of "get into" my body and listen to it and analyze it and what I find is a garbage dump. My body is struggling to free itself of toxins, excessive carbs, lack of movement and challenge and excessive stress.

My whole body is constipated right now for lack of a better way of putting it. Spiritually I'm on hold, physically, I'm paused, my diet consists of toxins and carbs for lack of money, and stress is creating loads of cortisol which is the enemy of weight loss.

I need something to stimulate me to go forward and yearn for a healthier body. I'm hoping the KISS philosophy of this guy will help me to go forward and that its not just a get rich quick scheme by some snake oil peddling, yammer mouthing motivational speaker.

#120237 - 06/16/07 09:41 AM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: NewLeaf]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Paul is quite the talker, but he is so sure his plan will work he is trying to get it out to everyone. Its a short 66 pages, easy to read (a editors nightmare.) Thank God I did not edit it we would have bumped heads a lot. He has his own idea of how he wants it to look. Never the less, it has worked well for me, and I am still losing. I hope it works as well for you too. I sent one to my brother but he hasn't said anything yet, not sure he even read it. Men!!!

#120238 - 06/16/07 03:08 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: chatty lady]
NewLeaf Offline

Well, I for one thank you for the advice. I'm willing to give it my best shot. Its like I told him, I work with about 300 women and men. If it works for me, I'll share the good news.

I did some research on Alli. Its basically the fat grabbing stuff that leaves oily residue in your bvd's and sends you racing to the closest bathroom after a slice of bacon...

I think it has Orlistat in it but at a much lower dose than prescription.

I don't like the visual of me in hip hugger jeans, tummy exposed and my Depends sticking out....eeeeowwwww! Boy, now that's a sexy image..lol

At least I'd get my exercise sprinting to the nearest bathroom after every meal.

#120239 - 06/21/07 09:07 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: NewLeaf]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

For anyone wanting more info besides what I have shared with you of my own success, check out:

www.lighteningupnow.com

They just got the website finished. Hope this will answer some of your questions.
Oh remember I said I bought the book for my brother Vincent? Well he started it on June 17th. and has lost 3 pounds. He is thrlled and can't wait to lose even more.

#120240 - 06/21/07 10:21 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: chatty lady]
ShesPassionate Offline

Ladies,

I don't know what the rules are for diets that have worked, etc. Are we able to tell what has/is working for us?

#120241 - 06/21/07 10:25 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: ShesPassionate]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

You certainly may! We just asked that you please buy advertising from Dotsie (IF you are the one selling stuff) to help keep this a free site for everyone.

But we all talk freely here about what works and what doesn't, just like Chatty has shared this amazing diet she's on now. So feel free!

#120242 - 06/22/07 10:46 AM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: jawjaw]
chickadee Offline

Eat healthy and less, exercise more. There, I wrote the book on how to lose weight and keep it off.

I don't know why we just don't do the obvious. We (the general population) still continue to look for miracle weight loss cures and we already know the answer.

Simple huh?

#120243 - 06/22/07 11:31 AM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: chickadee]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
There's a gal at my gym who quit smoking several months ago and has been gaining weight. She's driving me nuts trying to come up with different plans to lose weight......not that I care what she does but every time she comes up with a new plan she insists that it's the ONLY thing that's going to work. I go to the gym 5 or 6 mornings per week and I work hard at staying in shape........weight-lifting 4 days per week, cardio several times a week (somedays I do both a cardio class like step-aerobics and a weight-lifting class) Pilates, etc. I was gone(vacation) all last week, and at jury duty the beginning of this week, so I hadn't seen this gal in a while..........and her greeting to me yesterday after not seeing me for a week and a half was to tell me that she's now decided to take spinning classes 5 mornings per week.........and I thought to myself, well, we'll see how long that lasts! If she'd put as much effort into eating right (and maybe consuming less alcohol, according to her they're big partiers on the weekends) as she does into figuring out her next weight loss scheme she'd probably wouldn't have gained the weight in the first place!! I love my weight-lifting and yesterday she tried to convince me it wasn't doing anything for me. She also talked about going to another gym to take different classes. She needs to take a look at how much effort she puts into the exercise she's already doing (not much!) She's constantly looking for the easy out........let me tell you ladies, there isn't one........not when it comes to weight loss...........been there and done that.

And I also wanted to say, that I have nothing against reading books like Chatty recommended when she started this thread.........I'm all for it, whatever works. I've read a few diet books myself and plan on looking for that one,too.

Somebody asked about Alli. I've seen the ads, read about it in magazines, looked it up online. It is supposed to help you lose weight, but they talk a lot about the commitment you must be willing to make,still suggest that you exercise, and also state that if you eat off your plan, whatever it is (I'm assuming low-fat or low-carb or a combiantion of them both) you can have side effects. I'd be interested in talking to anyone who has tried Alli and hearing what they had to say about it.

Oh, and as for what worked for me for successful weight loss...........the old Susan Powter "Stop The Insanity" which was basically eating the way the Heart Association recommends.........no more than 30% fat in anything. Weight loss is all about what works for YOU and this worked for me and continues to do so.

Edited by CrosstitchQueen (06/22/07 12:00 PM)

#120244 - 06/22/07 02:53 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I have to be accountable to someone--anyone, if I'm going to diet. That's why I use Jenny Craig. It works for me and the food is good.

Alli: A friend uses it. You have to watch what you eat...low fat foods...which is a good way to lose weight anyway. It only assists you with additional weight loss. It isn't a lose weight fast pill.

"Oily discharge" would keep me on a low fat plan!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#120245 - 06/22/07 11:37 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I think Pauls Lightening Up diet is similar to Susan Powter's Stop The Insanity. I have that book around here somewhere and am going to check that out.

As far as that Alli, on Oprah her doctor guest says it is dangerous and gives one slimey and loose, verrrry loose bowels. The kind you have to stay home because of. Whatever works for whoever, is the best plan for them.

Personally, I am sick to death having to diet at all, but sicker od being a fatty. Then besides dieting I have to eat foods good gor blood pressure and diabetes. If you think thats fun, let me just say that the one food thats good for one thing, is bad for the other, and so on, and so on. I use to do Jenny Craig and it was great but I can't afford the food, since I have to foot the bills alone...Oh poop!!!

#120246 - 06/22/07 11:55 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: chatty lady]
chickadee Offline

I am curious about Jenny Craig. Does the food have a high salt content?

#120247 - 06/24/07 11:09 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: chickadee]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

It's pretty high in sodium so if you have high blood pressure that might be a problem but then, if you lose weight your blood pressure should go down.

It's portion controlled and I just eat what my little diet list says to eat that day. Some days I can't eat it all. I'm not a big dessert eater and usually skip that.

Plus, I have to be accountable to my counselor and that really helps. I already feel better...not so bloated.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#120248 - 06/25/07 01:25 AM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: Dianne]
chickadee Offline

Dianne, do you ever feel hungry? A counselor is a good idea.

#120249 - 06/25/07 04:51 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: chickadee]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I have never felt hungry on the plan. It works really well for me. I go for my first weigh-in tomorrow so we'll see if it's working as well as I think it is! No-actually, I can already see a difference in my gut.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#120250 - 06/25/07 11:03 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

My baby sister lost A LOT of weight on Jenny Craig. Then...a few months going OFF of Jenny Craig and the weight came back. I talked to her about the program and she raved about it, said the meals were great, and she loved it, but it was rather pricey. But she did have very good things to say about it and one of them being how easy it was to follow.

Now, whenever she wants to drop a few pounds, she gets the JC meals and drops the weight, then stops it again. A kind of YO-YO thing.

While I don't think this is good for a person to do, it works for her so who am I to judge?

I say do whatever works for you. That's what I'm doing.

#120251 - 06/26/07 03:42 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

JC taught me to eat smaller portions. It makes all the difference in the world. I had managed to keep the weight off until recently. I went through a pig-out stage or something.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#120252 - 06/26/07 06:09 PM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!! [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, portions have a lot to do with weight gain/loss. Hubby and I will occasionally split a main entree when we go out and it's always more than enough. We need to split meals more often...even though it makes me feel like an old lady.

#120253 - 06/28/07 02:38 AM Re: Lose Weight....FAST!!
NewLeaf Offline

Poverty is a great weight loss plan. Lol..I haven't been able to afford the foods I would normally eat so I bought a chicken and some veggies and made some beans and rice.

I've made low-fat, low calorie, low carbohydrate meals and started an exercise program. I've lost weight already!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved