The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#119847 - 06/04/07 06:55 AM Re: Classical music [Re: Sadie]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Po, what a delightful way to 'record' your love process. You two are charmers, that's for sure.
Do you have an ipod too? We got the system installed in our new car. I'm more excited about the music I've downloaded for cruise driving than the car itself. Hah!

#119848 - 06/05/07 03:19 AM Re: Classical music [Re: Edelweiss]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Angel a chara, I have an MP4, and that allows me to store musiic, videos, photos..and ebooks, etc. I am laughing about your excitement re the new music system...I would be just like you in that respect.
Celt is not as pushed as I am about music over the past wee while, even though she has an MP4 too(unused and empty!!!!).
I think I might fill it on the sneak for when I am away in London on me lonesome for the first wee while, just for when she gets lonely for me(might even include some voice reordings on it)

Po
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#119849 - 06/05/07 08:04 PM Re: Classical music [Re: Poppie]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hey Po when we meet in London this fall, remind me to bring my ipod. Maybe you will have a chance to download some of my cool bluesy songs.

#119850 - 06/06/07 05:49 AM Re: Classical music [Re: Edelweiss]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Classical is one of many types of music I listen to. I love acapella "plain-song" -- the monks music a lot and other medieval singing and lute. I like most but not all opera -- Kiri Te Kanawa is my favorite.

For non-classical -- any and all sorts of world-beat, especially interesting ethnic fusions. Love bhangra. Lukewarm on Brazilian.

Blues, pre-1950's jazz, 1940's vocal (Andrews Sisters), disco, Beatles, anything Woodstock era especially Jefferson Airplane and James Taylor, show tunes, women singers with phenomenal voices (Barbara Streisand, Laura Nyro, Patti LaBelle).

Grew up with a father who listened to the weekly Metropolitan opera, and a mother who sang all the popular tunes of the time. One of my brothers used to play piano and the other used to sing. I did both. We're all very good. I also learned violin as a child but was not so good at that.

Po, that's such a sweet story

Poet and essayist

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved