The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#118969 - 07/28/07 12:11 AM Re: I'm sure you're right...
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
No special plans for the money. I guess basically it's already been spent......my husband was gone for a few days so I went shopping and picked up some new jeans, tops,bras, shoes.........then I flew up to Kentucky to join him at a fishing tournament and that alone pretty much took care of the amount I rec'd for jury duty!!

#118970 - 08/09/07 08:58 PM Re: I'm sure you're right... [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
I know this topic is a little old, but timely. My husband has been called for jury duty, next week. Guess that won't be a problem for him as he lost his job last week. Crosstitch, I know the traffic in Orlando! I have a sister there that I visit very frequently. Is the quote "hate to wait on the 528" right, I remember hearing that alot down there. The traffic there can be a nightmare...and people in Jacksonville think it's bad, maybe a few hours out of the day, but it's always heavy in Orlando. I was just there this past weekend for some R&R with my sis, just me and the hubby.

#118971 - 08/09/07 09:07 PM Re: I'm sure you're right... [Re: gerrbeck]
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Okay, I really came here to whine about something. It's August in Florida......
It is so hoooooot! I mean it's hair drooping, makeup melting, bra sticking to me hot! Someone said on the radio this morning, it's Africa hot. It's like Joe Scarborough said recently on his morning show, showing the weather map which was all red with red arrows showing the hot southwesterly winds, it's hot as h..., we're in he....you know. OK, I'm done now, just had to get that out of my system.

#118972 - 08/10/07 09:55 AM Re: I'm sure you're right... [Re: gerrbeck]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hi Gerri! Do you know these? I added a few of my own at the bottom...Actually you could send some of that heat over here...we are having a nasty rainy spell.

• It's so hot the birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.

• It's hotter than two bears fighting in a forest fire.

• It's so hot I saw two trees fighting over a dog.

• It was so hot today I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking.

• It's hotter than a firecracker lit at both ends.

• It's hotter than a $2 pistol on the Fourth of July.

• It's hotter than a June bride in a feather bed.

• It's hotter than high noon in Death Valley.

• It's hotter than a steel playground at noon.

• It is hot enough to cure tobacco.

• It's hotter than Paris Hilton's underpants.

• It's another one of those aluminum foil sweater days.

• It's so hot that it makes me want to take off my skin and sit in my bones.

• It's so hot that I could enter a wet t-shirt contest without getting soaked.

• Its so hot that my head has turned into a water fountain.

• It's so hot that my feet crave barbeque sauce when walking barefoot.

• It's so hot that my dog's tongue looks like bacon.

#118975 - 08/11/07 11:43 PM Re: I'm sure you're right... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Wow, now thats something I would love to do. Hate Jury duty but Grand Jury sounds amazing and fun.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#118976 - 08/14/07 02:24 PM Re: I'm sure you're right... [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I always wondered how they picked people for a grand jury. Now I know. Sounds interesting!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#118978 - 08/17/07 11:41 PM Re: I'm sure you're right... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Apparently not Anne, my sister got one a year or so ago ans she passed away in 1995. I wrote deceased on it in big red letters and sent it back. Our tax dollars in action, NOT!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#118980 - 08/26/07 12:26 PM Re: I'm sure you're right... [Re: ]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
When I started this thread my husband kinda thought it was amusing that I was going to have to serve jury duty......kind of like a glad it's you and not me attitude. Well guess what arrived in the mail for him yesterday -- a questionaire he's supposed to fill out which can put him on the list to be called for jury duty any time in the next two years. The form he got is totally different than what I got.........mine had definite dates (a 6 weeks period) during which I could be called. His is just a general questionaire but says you can be called anytime in the next two years. He's going to fill it out and mail it,but he's going to call first - he's in a wheelchair and the jury room (at the trial I was on the jury for, anyway) was not accessible and there's no way he'd be able to get around in it. He served jury duty locally a few years ago (here in our town, not in Orlando) and he called first and was told no problem, it was accessible.......then got selected for jury duty and they couldn't get him into the jury box and he had to sit in front of it seperate from all the other jurors.......not a big deal, but wouldn't you think they'd think of these things ahead of time?!?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved