The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#118734 - 05/22/07 04:49 PM Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
All things art related. I'll get books on whatever my art-du-jour is, I've found 7 sets of water colors, 3 or 4 sets of pastels, 4 sets of oil paint, I lug home old doors, old windows.... I'll draw on paper bags, gourds, doors, I'll paint windows, jeans, and I've been trying to figure out if I can paint polyurethane over this overstuffed chair that we don't want in the house anymore but it's too comfortable to give away. I drag home birch branches that I see on the street and I'll just put them in my yard......I've been known to haul pieces of a log, all the way home, in my luggage, from New York, because it had a perfectly wonderful torso shape and I'm going to use it at some point... THIS AFTER I shipped my clothes home because "I can get more of those, but I may not see just this perfect log again."

Kate

"Life was not given just to be happy, but to matter. Let me walk in that today." ~Kate

www.dreamrkate.blogspot.com
http://www.DreamrKate.etsy.com/

#118735 - 05/23/07 03:26 AM Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! [Re: DreamrKate]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Kate, that's just too funny -- and not something that's beyond me, either

Poet and essayist

#118736 - 05/23/07 07:55 AM Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! [Re: meredithbead]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Sounds like me too. Rocks, sticks, driftwood have all ended up in my suitcase.
I remember bringing a cotton plant back from Alabama and having to declare it at customs.
I started a crazy quilt over 10 years ago and my Mom helped hand sew the pieces...I really need to finish and use it. Mom is gone but her handiwork lives on.

#118737 - 05/23/07 10:43 PM Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! [Re: chickadee]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Calling in sick at work, and actually just taking a play day.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#118739 - 05/25/07 05:45 AM Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Chocolate...video games...watching Guiding Light soap opera...The Bachelor (or) Bachelorette...wearing my P.J.'s all day.

#118740 - 06/28/07 07:28 AM Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
ShesPassionate Offline

I am embarrassed to admit it, but I love to watch TAPS the Ghost Hunter show with my son-behind a pillow for safety.
And, (true confessions) Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, and Brothers and Sisters. Honestly though, I haven't quite figured out if I watch the latter for the story or to ogle Rob Lowe... Talk about injustice! That man gets better with age!

#118741 - 06/28/07 12:45 PM Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! [Re: ShesPassionate]
Mountain Ash Offline

I like the little packets of childrens sweets...dolly mixture did like the tiny liquorice allsorts but I must not eat liquorice sine anaphylacic issue..I was born into sweet rationing (UK post war)so did not have sweets as a child.
So now you all know.Sometimes the shop assistant asks if I am buying them for a Grandchild?I just smile.
Also parma violet sweets (like little pills)junk really.
Mountain ash

#118742 - 06/28/07 06:08 PM Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! [Re: Mountain Ash]
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
My best friend sells Princess House dishes and home accessories. I recently hosted a party and had enough sales to get something I have wanted for a very long time. A Fondue Pot! This fondue pot is the BEST! I love to make chocolate fondue with strawberries. We put the pot on the coffee table in the den and put on a good movie!
gerrbeck

#118743 - 06/28/07 11:36 PM Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! [Re: gerrbeck]
ShesPassionate Offline

Yum! So delicious! I took a fondue cooking class and the chef prepared chocolate & carmel. I am a chocoholic, so I was quite surprised how much I loved the carmel, it was amazing!

#118744 - 07/02/07 07:35 PM Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! [Re: ShesPassionate]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
What do I feel guilty about when I do it? Hmm, not much. When I'm supposed to be writing, I feel guilty about reading all my e-mail or surfing the web. It's Research, honest! LOL

Since I gave up chocolate, that's not a guilty pleasure anymore.

I'd have to say a McDonald's double cheeseburger. I do feel kinda guilty about eating it, when I should have ordered a salad. But, I don't feel guilty because I didn't get the fries too. I only have one and it's when we go to the keys. Which is 3 or 4 times a year.

I do feel guilty when I don't spend enough time with my bird. That really makes me guilty.

Edited by Vicki M. Taylor (07/02/07 07:59 PM)
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved