The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11858 - 02/12/05 12:56 AM Mother's Recovery
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Hello to all my Boomer Comrades,

I wanted to explain why I disappeared for a short while.

I had to leave in a hurry, and help my mother recover from a head injury that she had in an accident. During this time, I had very little internet access.

I am back home and she is doing fine. We were worried there for awhile.

My mom was walking home from the gym one morning (what an oxymoron), when she slipped on some ice on the sidewalk. She fell flat on her head and was stuck on the ground vomiting until some neighbors happen to drive by and notice. She was taken by ambulance to the ER, and a Cat Scan indicated that there was some internal bleeding in her head. It has now stopped. We were worried because she is also a diabetic.

Anyway, I went to stay with her and my dad, to help her recover at home.

So this is a combination of "Caring for Our Parents", "Announcement", and "Praise Report". For I do believe that God healed her and her recovery went more smoothly than I believe it would have.

I missed all of you.

Cheers and Blessings,
Cathi

#11859 - 02/12/05 05:31 AM Re: Mother's Recovery
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
welcome back, optimumsteps. We missed ya! Sorry your mom had to go through that but I'm relieved to hear she's doing OK now.

#11860 - 02/12/05 03:03 PM Re: Mother's Recovery
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Cathi, so glad your mom is doing better. That's scary stuff!! Does she live close enough to visit? Or do you have to pack up and 'go' to see her? It's hard being far from family. [Frown]

#11861 - 02/12/05 07:18 PM Re: Mother's Recovery
Looking Up Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Cathi, it can be pretty scary and unnerving when things like this happen ... especially to our parents. I am glad things worked out okay.

#11862 - 02/12/05 10:57 PM Re: Mother's Recovery
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Wow thanks dear ladies. You are all the best, and I am so glad that I found you all.

Yes, I am relieved also, it just made my heart cry when she was describing to me what had happened to her while she layed there on the pavement.

Unique, I had to pack up and go, my parent's only live three hours away from me, so that is a good thing.

Pat, it was a scare on my part. In truth though, my parent's and I had some issues for a long time. So, by me going there during this time, we have learned to appreciate each other much better. As it has been said, "God works in Mysterious Ways"

Thanks again ladies.

Love and Hugs,
Cathi

#11863 - 02/12/05 11:33 PM Re: Mother's Recovery
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Gee, that is something we all fear for our parents. I hope both you and your mother and father are doing well now.
smile

#11864 - 02/13/05 02:55 AM Re: Mother's Recovery
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Optiminum, I believe HE gives us these little wake up calls. Aren't you glad you chose to spend time with her? Onward...

I'm glad her health has improved.

#11865 - 02/16/05 06:59 PM Re: Mother's Recovery
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Cathi:
I'm glad to know your mom recovered from such accident. Life is unpredictable and it can turn ugly in an instant!

I am sure it was a blessing you were able to spend time with her.

I wish I could spend more time with my mom but she lives in Puerto Rico [Frown] so I try to call her often.

I've been busy, but always keep all my boomer sisters in my prayers!

#11866 - 02/16/05 09:31 PM Re: Mother's Recovery
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Cathi, you poor thing! What a scare with Mom. I know myself that I have issues with my Mother...I am TOO grown up! Am too! However, let her get even a sniffle and I'm all forgiving and cling to her, pet her, so God does work in mysterious ways, you are so right. I am most thankful to the good Lord that your Mom is okay and that you two had the time to spend together. Keep us posted of her progress and God's speed to her!

JJ

#11867 - 02/17/05 02:50 AM Re: Mother's Recovery
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Cathi I'm sure glad to hear your Mom recovered so well from her accident. That's so scary - it's good that someone found her and got her in the hospital relatively quickly! God has her in his pocket I do believe......I'm sure it was a very anxious time for your family but as you said, God works in very mysterious ways and if it brought you all closer together - then that's great. [Wink]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved