The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 211 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#1220 - 07/10/05 07:46 AM Re: Death... Now what?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I pray all women who come to this forum feel loved and accepted regardless of their views on controversial matters.

#1221 - 07/10/05 04:36 PM Re: Death... Now what?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You betcha and amen to that Songbird... [Razz]

#1222 - 07/11/05 05:19 AM Re: Death... Now what?
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Hi Ladies,

I went away to spend some time with a friend of mine that is dying from cancer of the bile duct. While there, we just spent the time together talking, reminescing(SP), and basically enjoyed the time together.

It would have been a big hindrance in this final time together with her for me to ask the question. Are you sure you know Jesus and have Him in your Heart? No way, I want my friend to go in peace. We've discussed The Bible, the spiritual, and Christ in the past. The Holy Spirit is powerful enough, He doesn't need me .

I can go on and on, but the bottom line is this, God and God alone knows what we are thinking and feeling. I believe in planting seeds and letting the Holy Spirit do the growing, not bombarding someone to believe the way I do.

I can try to go on with someone that doesn't necessarily agree with me and use every scare tactic that I can come up with. What will that accomplish? That person can tell me that she believes as I do, just to get me off her back. In the meantime, whatever peace she has had is exhausted, leaving room for bitterness and resentment. No, this doesn't accomplish anything at all.

I can elaborate more of what I said in my earlier post, but I am going to need some time. I still believe that everyone goes to God after they die. I still stick by:

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Bottom line, God is fair. And I believe that after the resurrection there will be a judgement and this word does not necessarily mean condemnation, this word judgement also means rewards. God is fair!

quote:
That depth of Love is the Good News. That compassionate God with dirt underneath His fingernails is the Good News. That Healing Love that shows Itself in a multitude of creative impossible-to-resist loving ways is the Good News
Well said.

Cathi

#1223 - 07/11/05 07:08 AM Re: Death... Now what?
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Not for Elisha it wasn't.

#1224 - 07/11/05 08:14 AM Re: Death... Now what?
Wisdom&Life Offline

Thistle Cove Farm,

Pardon my ignorance, but you lost me. Can you elaborate?

Thanks,
Cathi

#1225 - 07/11/05 09:19 PM Re: Death... Now what?
Wisdom&Life Offline

TCF,

You know when we get a good nights sleep and things are clearer in the morning? Now I understand what you are saying.

What happens in each instance to anyone that seems "contradictory" in the Biblical sense. There is a purpose that God has for it, and usually to Glorify Him.

I suppose that is where Faith comes in as well. This is just my opinion.

Cheers,
Cathi

#1226 - 07/11/05 11:53 PM Re: Death... Now what?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Meredith, I plan on using that post on the testimonials page. Thank you.

#1227 - 07/12/05 09:06 PM Re: Death... Now what?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Hi Thistle: I appreciate your comment but did not get what you mean regarding Elisha [Confused] . Can you please add more to this? [Smile] Thanks and please, do forgive me!

#1228 - 07/13/05 11:30 AM Re: Death... Now what?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Thank YOU Dotsie. I am honored.

#1229 - 07/14/05 03:45 AM Re: Death... Now what?
Sabra Offline

Loc: Charlotte,NC
BTW, just for the record in case this thread finds itself in outerspace somewhere, I did mention that "If you would like to contact me to discuss offline, I would be happy to." :-)

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved