The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 213 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#1180 - 07/02/05 07:03 AM Death... Now what?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
[Confused] Is death a ticket to heaven? If so... Why or why not? [Confused]

#1181 - 07/02/05 01:50 AM Re: Death... Now what?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Being my age I certainly hope so but doubt thats the case. I was raised Catholic and learned that there is Purgatory you go to for your sins and then after time elapses you go to heaven unless you've committed a mortal sin before you died like murder or suicide then you go straight to hell. (do not pass goal, do not collect $200.) But as a Born Again Christian I have been taught that even a murderer can go to heaven by merely confessing openly to God and begging for forgiveness before he dies. That to me doesn't seem fair and I don't believe it to be true but then what do I know? Good question Singbird, one with many answers I bet... [Cool]

#1182 - 07/02/05 02:14 AM Re: Death... Now what?
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I know that this is not a popular belief among many Christians, but we all go to the Father when we die. Ecclesiastes 12:6-7

Even satan is being held in Heaven by Michael the Archangel.

After the Great White Throne Judgement, will some go to the "lake of fire" and some will stay in Paradise. The lake of fire is not someplace where you will see Uncle Joe frying lika a bacon. That is where the Soul will be blotted out eternally. This for a loved one as well. We were promised no more tears in Heaven, so therefore a loved one that didn't make it will be blotted out of our minds.

This is just a gist of what is in the Bible about what happens to us.

Love,
Cathi

#1183 - 07/02/05 02:18 AM Re: Death... Now what?
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Chatty,

I have to agree with you. If he does make it, just what will this murderer be wearing?

In Revelations it talks about the woven linen and how much of it depends on the works that we do for the Heavenly Father when we are on the earth.

Love and Blessings,
Cathi

#1184 - 07/02/05 02:40 AM Re: Death... Now what?
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I like to believe that there are steps to Heaven. We do lives over and over again until we "get it" -- each life we're supposed to learn something -- grow spiritually -- the more we learn -- the closer we get to God.

I think that's where our angels - or guides - come in -- if we listen to them - follow the signs -- we'll get to the "pearly gates" alot faster than if we choose to follow those that are here to sway us the other way -- like a test

I don't think excuses will get us there -- like saying "I used to be a nice person but everyone treated me so bad that I decided to be just as hard." I think God will say -- I didnt treat you bad -- my angels tried to show you the way -- but you chose poorly.

eventually -- we earn our wings ;-)

#1185 - 07/02/05 02:57 AM Re: Death... Now what?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I am too busy living to be very concerned about the after life.

When I obey the one command of Jesus to love my neighbor as myself and the Lord my God with all my heart, mind, and spirit, I am already in heaven. And when I veer from that, I am already in hell.

Heaven and hell are for eternity and eternity has no beginning and no end so we are in the middle of it all the time.
As Kris Kristophersen wrote and Janis Joplin sang, "If eternity's forever, life is just a one night stand."

Good topic.
smile

#1186 - 07/02/05 10:33 AM Re: Death... Now what?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
(Smilinize said): "I am too busy living to be very concerned about the after life." I agree.

I believe I'll come back to earth at least one more time because my work here won't be done in this lifetime.

To me, the question isn't where I end up, but how I get there.

#1187 - 07/02/05 06:46 PM Re: Death... Now what?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I have strayed far beyond the scriptural tenets and yet have continously come face to face with the Mercy and Compassion of God. He has crept into my dark and hellish nightmare of a life and has sat Himself right down there in that hellhole with me, cradling me, nourrishing me, forgiving me back to life and light.

I cannot ever fathom that this same God would not be able to see into the heart of each and every soul that meets Him on that final journey and KNOW that soul back into His loving, merciful kingdom.

One thing I know with absolute certainty is that I am and will never be in a position to decide or judge any other human being in that regard. But I do believe that I am in a position to help pray any soul into the Father's care and mercy.

My own fervant prayer is that I not die before I've truly learned to live abundantly and to love unconditionally and compassionately all of God's other children.

#1188 - 07/02/05 08:29 PM Re: Death... Now what?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
quote:
Originally posted by Eagle Heart:
My own fervant prayer is that I not die before I've truly learned to live abundantly and to love unconditionally and compassionately all of God's other children.

When I was diagnosed with cancer in my thirties and was forced to face my own mortality, I fell in love with life, both the bad and the good and I resolved to live every day as an adventure.

There have certainly been times when I merely plodded along, but I did it because in the best of me I always knew there was an adventure out there waiting. I love taking on new things and have been given so many opportunities. I want to take advantage of each one knowing they are gifts of God and that even the failures are adventures that "will work together with all things for the good of those who love the Lord and keep his commands."

Because eternity never begins and never ends, I believe I am living in a small part of it now. When I keep the commands of Jesus, in my spirit I am already in heaven and when I don't in my spirit, I am already in hell. After death, maybe those spiritual experiences will become literal. I don't really think about it much.

Sometimes I get afraid and want to just go home. At those times I wonder if I have come so far that I can never go back, but in prayer I realize that going home is different than going back and I don't really want to go back.

I really feel that I can die unafraid, knowing I have truly lived.

Well, most of the time anyway.
smile

[ July 05, 2005, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#1189 - 07/05/05 08:35 PM Re: Death... Now what?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am coming back to this. Been looking at it for a couple days. I need time to post my answer.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved