The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 68 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#11740 - 09/06/05 03:32 AM Re: Mom and Dad may be living with me....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yes and I was one of them. After my sister passed away it was as if I was in shock or something, I took care of her 24/7 for 5 years she had MS which caused severe Dementa. A time after she died I left my home, drove up to Flagstaff Arizona rented a nice room in a hotel and just slept for days, cried and slept somemore. Finally after about a week of that, I could feel the stress leaving my body. I went to the pool to get some sun, it was June 1st when she died on her 50th birthday. I then began to talk with people and actually laugh out loud. I spent 2 weeks there and headed home. My son had had the entire house cleaned by Merry Maids while I was gone and the room had all new bedding etc. It was as if she were never here phyically and yet her spirit is here even now. JJ I think it took about 6 months before I felt back to normal whatever that was. It is a hard road to travel and leaves a mark that never really leaves us.

[ September 05, 2005, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#11741 - 09/06/05 04:03 AM Re: Mom and Dad may be living with me....
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Yes, I too am one of them who still can't go back. I need to just to see the staff and any of the residents that you become so close to.
Yet is is the last reminder of my mom and its hard to get the courage to go back. I don't remember reading anything about this though.
Maggie

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved