The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 50 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#117032 - 05/02/07 01:43 PM Re: Now this is rich!!!!! [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
A chapter of wisdom that for some will set forth healing. This is a good thing Ms D...a good thing!

#117033 - 05/04/07 01:22 PM Re: Now this is rich!!!!! [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, you are so wise and have figured out so much about relationships. Are you writing a book now? If so, what's the topic. You should right about toxic relationships. You've shared so many wise posts about this at BWS. Have you thought about it?

#117034 - 05/04/07 04:34 PM Re: Now this is rich!!!!!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm working on another book but not about toxic relationships. If I tell you the title I'd have to kill you. For now, I'm just happy to help a woman who has gone through what I did and try to help her find some sanity because the toxic people can make you crazy. I always receive a lot of emails about it so I know it's a big problem.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#117035 - 05/06/07 11:26 PM Re: Now this is rich!!!!! [Re: Dianne]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
You are an inspiration to us all, Diane. It takes great courage to come this far after a childhood such as yours.

It's their loss.

Laurel

#117036 - 05/07/07 06:52 PM Re: Now this is rich!!!!! [Re: Laurel]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thanks, Laurel. That's very kind of you.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#117037 - 05/07/07 08:23 PM Re: Now this is rich!!!!! [Re: Dianne]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Dianne,
Thank you for being so open and honest with us about all of this. I'm learning so much!

#117038 - 05/07/07 08:45 PM Re: Now this is rich!!!!! [Re: TVC15]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
This is such a vital topic. Dianne, I'm sorry your parents are in such denial -- and good for you that you've grown beyond it!

In my workshop, Finding the Love You Want After 45, I talk about Domestic Violence and hand out a sheet describing it for the Domestic Violence coalition. One woman looked hard at it and went home and dumped her boyfriend because she saw his traits on the list.

This is such a victory for me. Keep up the great work, Dianne!

#117039 - 05/07/07 11:47 PM Re: Now this is rich!!!!! [Re: Casey]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Way to go, Casey!

And thank you, Dianne, for all that you do.

#117040 - 05/08/07 02:03 PM Re: Now this is rich!!!!! [Re: Anno]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thanks gals and good for you, Casey! You might have saved a life!

I know a lot of you don't believe in this but I talked to a psychic. She was so right on, gave names, dates and places andn prayed before she began. I was blown away. This is what she said about my mom:

"You have a sister, which surprises me. Your mother had one child out of obligation. She didn't want another one but became pregnant with you. She doesn't have energy to give to others and when you were born, her resentment toward you is because she feels you ruined her life."

This is how I became the family scapegoat. My dad doesn't stand up to my mom because he pays for it if he does. So, he follows along in her footsteps (emotionally) and has joined her in never welcoming me into the family and if they could concentrate on everything I did, they never had to look at their problems. They still don't. If my dad ever tried, when he wasn't angry, to get close to me, he paid for it.

My dad is very wealthy. He and mom have used money as a means to control the family and rule over them. Now, they can't do that anymore because we're all out on our own and that tactic doesn't work anymore. I believe they are going to end up very much alone in the end.

Strangely, they have only told my two kids that speak to them, that they read my book. They tried to drag my oldest into a mud slinging contest and he told them he couldn't help that I wrote a book and he had problems of his own. So, whatever they tried to do hasn't worked. We are a bunch of disloyal heathens in their minds. Oh well...

Oh dear, I wrote another chapter!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#117041 - 05/08/07 04:57 PM Re: Now this is rich!!!!! [Re: Dianne]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I enjoy your chapters Dianne, Keep 'em coming.
I'm inspired by your ability to overcome all of this.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved