The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#11603 - 04/15/04 04:58 AM Crazy People Live Here...
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
My MIL's 70th college reunion is coming up and we've promised to take her. I received a call from a Queens U. rep today and we talked about how few 1934 graduates are left and how few are attending the reunion. One thing led to another and now Dave and I are responsible for 3 little old ladies getting to their 1934 reunion. Two of these women are 91 and the other one 90 - the young one is my MIL and she's the one who is the least mobile. She told her classmate on the phone today she "was in good health but lazy". I grinned all the way to the barn...she hasn't spoken truer words in a long, long time. The other women are living on their own, still active, etc. but my MIL has reverted to her childhood and expects her "colored mammy" to be in attendance.

Guess who?

Anyway, this is one of those times when I'm thinking...okay God...stars in my crown is a good thing but better sooner than later . It makes me feel good to know these women are going to have a "Trip to Bountiful". This will, in all likelihood, be their last reunion, Queens doesn't have reunions every year.

#11604 - 04/16/04 03:28 AM Re: Crazy People Live Here...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
How kind and thoughtful of you to make this trip possible for these "seasoned citizens." Somewhere up there God is smiling at all of you. [Smile]

#11605 - 04/27/04 05:06 AM Re: Crazy People Live Here...

The Queens College (now Queens University of Charlotte) has come and gone. Everyone had a lovely time, there were 4 women from the class of 1934 at the reunion and then we visited the retirement home where others resided. It was wonderful watching these old friend talk about their college days. One of the nursing home women has Alzhimers but she had a few clear moments when visiting with her friends. A good time...a very good time...

#11606 - 04/27/04 06:13 AM Re: Crazy People Live Here...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Sandra,
I read this and was so happy for these women. And for you. You are such a dear!

JJ

#11607 - 04/27/04 03:38 PM Re: Crazy People Live Here...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You are an angel to care for your MIL the way you do. I admire you. [Wink]

I think it's fantastic that those women went to college back in the 30's. What did your MIL study?

#11608 - 04/27/04 10:41 PM Re: Crazy People Live Here...

Hi JawJaw - yeah, I'm a dear...a deer caught in the headlights !

Hi Dotsie - MIL studied to be a teacher and taught college chemistry and math. She was no slouch in the brain department which makes it all that more difficult to see her deteriorate now. She likes to tell me she was ahead of her time and I like to tell her my great aunt was one of the first female lawyers to work at the VA Supreme Court...while my MIL was still in first school. We keep each other humble .

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved