The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 212 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#115717 - 06/26/08 12:35 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: meredithbead]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
First Baby Boomer,

Yes, I have had shingles on the back on my neck and lucky found in time so they did not spread . They are very painful and I had to take "Valtrex" for only one week and the shingles left no scars . I guess I was lucky there , Oh but the pain . I don't think I will every forget it .

Wax chin hairs if you can .

Chatty I went to high school with a girl that did not have.
hair on her underarms and legs . How lucky . I do shave feel cleaner , but this is a matter of choice for each person what you prefer to do .

Renee

#115718 - 07/28/08 07:29 PM One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: browser57]
susannadeyorkies Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA

I have developed this habit of scraping the underside of my chin with my fingernail absentmindedly.

Several times I hadn't seen the darn thing (now things) until to my horror they were highlighted in the daylight exposed in my car's rear view mirror!

So I have this theory they wait patiently just under the skin to emerge strong and mature when it would most embarrass me, as revenge against my tweezers. LOL.

#115719 - 07/28/08 08:55 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: susannadeyorkies]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
WELCOME susannadeyorkies, wow, thats a mouthfull isn't it? Anyway glad to see you here, and YES those pesky little hairs that sometimes become long black hairs if you don't get them right away, are a pain in the drain... Damn, why does this have to happen to women too? Don't we have enough to bother about during menopause?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#115720 - 07/28/08 11:54 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Welcome susannadeyorkies! Wow, we've had some really high numbers here lately with new members and I for one am so tickled!

WELCOME! Share as little or as much about yourself as you would like to do, and whenever you are comfortable doing so. Please just know that we are very happy you are here!

#115721 - 07/29/08 05:34 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: jawjaw]
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Why is it that we cope and manage thru puberty, periods, and childbearing years only to become echoes of our fathers with the new growth on our faces once menopause has occured? If I don't keep up on this new mustache with depilatories or shaving, it is such a scary sight! Plucking doesn't seem to deter the growth,and waxing means waiting til it gets REALLY noticable. Is there anything other than electrolysis that works? Of all the "bonuses" of menopause, this one is the one I hate the most. I haven't done HRT, can't and won't- the rest I can cope with but not this doggone face hair! Any info out there? Thanks

#115722 - 07/29/08 06:52 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: judym]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Judy, always good to see you in here! You've been missed!

#115723 - 07/29/08 09:08 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Judy, search as I may, I have not been able to find a cure for having to MOW MY CHIN! Electrolyses is okay but the hairs keep popping up in different spots so it would be an unending battle. I guess plucking those pesky hairs is all one can do, ho-hummm!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#115724 - 08/01/08 03:33 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: jawjaw]
judym Offline

thank you girl, really appreciate it. DH is out of Iraq and now in Okinawa, life is always interesting! Just got back from a visit there and it was wonderful. Back home here to lonely land and trying my best to keep the chin up now that the jet lag has left me (yes it's true, at least one full day to recover for each time zone, especially West to East!) Thanks again!

#115725 - 08/01/08 03:41 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: chatty lady]
judym Offline

You know, the worst part of it is, I need one of those 10Xmagnifying mirrors to be able to see to pluck the darn things. I can FEEL them, just can't see them- and that is totally a scary sight and makes every bag and wrinkle look like a topographic map of the Grand Canyon! Like you say, oh well- and I'm thinking theres a lot worse things to whine about, and feeling chagrined to even have mentioned this dilemna. In truth though, really great to have a place just to vent, and any support or feedback you get is an uplifting blessing- we are not all alone in whatever we encounter in our lives, and there are a lot of folks out there - the miracle of the internet and this website gives our locational personal herizon a whole new vista of info and support. God Bless You ALL!

#115726 - 08/01/08 04:31 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: judym]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Judy, I picked up one of thos mag mirrors at Tuesday Mornings...there is a new one over by your house, too..where that new Publix is...know what I'm talking about?

I can't do without my mirror. I don't have chin hairs, but I do need help in slapping the old make up on.

Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved