The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >
Topic Options
#115691 - 06/06/08 04:59 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
A policeman spots a woman driving and plucking her chin hairs at the same time.
Driving up beside her, he shouts out the window, " Pull over the side!"
"I tried that," she shouts back, " But they're damn stubborn little buggers!"

#115692 - 06/06/08 05:29 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hair grows faster after se_, Dee? This celibate will now cease to wonder I have none to pluck!

#115693 - 06/06/08 03:00 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Lola]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I'm laughing so hard my side hurts...

#115694 - 06/06/08 03:24 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Hairless in Alabama....

#115695 - 06/07/08 04:24 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

Okay...I have to share this with all of you...have any of you heard of the 'feel good' shot? That's what my menopausal doctor calls it (she's about 29, cute, and tries to keep me feeling perky with this 'feel good' shot). Let's just say it's supposed to do wonders in the sex drive department. At my age everything's hanging, dried up, wrinkled, gray, and sagging and wagging. I had one of those shots about a year ago and they last about 6-8 weeks at which time I can go back in for another shot if I want. However, I never went back and here's why.
About two weeks after having the shot I was having a normal conversation with my husband when suddenly my voice dropped way way way way way low...I mean reeeeeeally low. Freaked me out. Larry looked at me and took a few steps back...I think he thought I'd just sprouted an adams apple. Then, the hair growth really freaked me out...I sprouted hair on top of hair and it turned really dark. I felt like a 13 year old boy whose voice is changing and whose hair appears over night.
Fast forward to this year...old lady female checkup time and in bounces my 30 year old perky menopausal doctor. (I hate her). She goes over my chart and asks me why I haven't come in for more 'feel good' shots? I calmly explain that my husband didn't like going to sleep with a sex goddess and waking up with Barry White. He wasn't too crazy about the extra dark facial hair that sprouted up out of nowhere either...talk about a pluck fest.
In her youthful, perky, never had a bad sex day in her life, said, "I'd pluck hairs everyday in order to have great sex." Uh-huh.
Then I laid back on the exam table and there starring down at me from the ceiling were two styrafoam bowls and something that I'm still not sure of that had been made to look like nipples with rings through them. I asked her what the heck were styrafoam boobs doing on her ceiling. Without skipping a beat from her exam, she said, "Oh, those are from our last Halloween party here." I didn't even want to ask her how they got up there.
Reluctantly, I agreed to get the shot...mainly to get her to shut up so I could sit up. The styrfoam boobs would starting to freak me out.
She left and sent in her as youthful, perky menopausal assistant who had a grin on her face and a needle in her hand. Are 'we' ready? I'm certain SHE wasn't in need of a voice changing, hair growing menopausal injection so I don't know why she thought to include herself in the equation. Just stick it anywhere, I told her. She then made me point my feet inward until my toes touched each other and then bend my knees and hang on to the counter. Why the heck do I need to stand like this, I asked her? So you won't jump when I give the shot. If I could have looked at her she would have seen a look of complete surprise. I mean, who the heck can jump in that position anyway? I steadied myself and gripped the counter until my knuckles turned white while she swabbed a hunk of fat on my hip.
"This will sting a bit."
"I thought this was a feel-good shot." It took her a second to get it and then she laughed. I hated her, too.
As she pulled the needle out she said in a rather surprised voice, "Wooooooooow. Usually there's leakage back out at the injection site. Your body just sucked that stuff right up." All I could think to say is, "I'm dry."
Okay...it's been 3 days now and so far no facial hair and no Barry White voice. But, in case you don't hear from me for a few weeks...it will be because I'm plucking.

#115696 - 06/07/08 07:30 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Lol, Dee…this is the funniest story I’ve read in a long time.

I would rather think, if we don’t hear from you it will be because you’re doing something other then plucking….hee hee. So are you swinging from the chandeliers? Geez I could use a double doses of that stuff myself! Let us know if it’s working, and the name, will you?

Whatever, I’m glad the big boobs didn’t fall on you. Although then Hubby could sing, “You are so boobyfull to meeeee.”

#115697 - 06/07/08 11:13 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Dee, you had me doubled-over with laughter. Girl, what a funny picture you painted! OMG! Girl! Stay out of the humor business, would ya? Like I need this kind of competition? How hilarious!

And EW....I love that song title...I may have to use that in some of my writing...

#115699 - 06/09/08 05:27 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: ]
Dee Offline

JJ...I don't think you have to worry about me getting into the 'professional' humor writing...No one can touch you as far as I'm concerned...I just tell it like it is when it happens...but, thanks for the compliment...coming from you that means a lot.

EW...my doctor's office says it's B12 and testostrone in one shot...and it's working I'd recommend this to anyone. I haven't started plucking yet but when I do, I'll let you know.

So, anne...how's the chain hairs in the hair follicles coming along? Any results yet? You cracked me up!!!

#115701 - 06/09/08 06:46 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: ]
Dee Offline

Anne...You're cracking me up, girlfriend!!!

#115702 - 06/09/08 09:12 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I was hysterical already from Dees story then was zapped with the answer from Edelweiss, thats when I wet my pants from laughing. You ladies are too funny!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved