The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#115103 - 04/19/07 04:48 PM Re: Self-Esteem Issues [Re: Eagle Heart]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Quote:

because I'm realizing more and more that very little of what people say is actually about "me", but more about them and their woundedness and need for affirmation.

How true!

#115104 - 04/19/07 06:05 PM Re: Self-Esteem Issues [Re: Jane_Carroll]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
feeling better with the shingles the doc gave me good medicine....up untill i broke out in the rash things, i though oh a bit more tired than usule, oh a bit more soar than usule, oh several days with a migrane...etc.

then when i got as i though cold soars on my face i went to chemist..who told me go to docs now...who told me i had shingles. i swear i can be that thick at times!! That was the day after the first docs appontment were i felt crushed. I wonder if the upset and brake out is related but good point the meds stoping it progressing well and it missed my eye.

So i lost my oppertunitie to be verie sick (hehehe and stay in bed and eat chocolate) and MILK IT! to the max lol. so thanks for the well whishes ladies.

ZINGERS is the same as slagging over heer and it is good when its fun and i good at tit when its fun and cant think in same wittie way when it seriouse. Same past time diffrent language lol

CASY do you think you manage better in a group your leading becouse of the adreniline??

anyone got any thoughts if self-esteem is genetic or brain chemistrie that sets the level or if its just (just lol) life experinces that effect it and determine the level???

#115105 - 04/19/07 06:16 PM Re: Self-Esteem Issues [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

CASIE
that wee smile and attension bet that makes all the diffrences as it wont seem like your hostile but quite welcoming even if your not being verbal...

why is it that non speaking people that show no treats like you just mentioned casy are so tiring to be about. Is it becouse we think they dont like us? or is it just tiring when its all one sided with no return?

#115107 - 04/19/07 08:28 PM Re: Self-Esteem Issues [Re: ]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Gosh...it just worked on me.

#115108 - 04/19/07 10:07 PM Re: Self-Esteem Issues [Re: Edelweiss]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Blink....please!!!!!

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#115109 - 04/19/07 10:08 PM Re: Self-Esteem Issues [Re: Poppie]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Ok.....keep it up then...but it won't be too long before I snog ya!!!!
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#115110 - 04/19/07 11:42 PM Re: Self-Esteem Issues [Re: Poppie]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Celtic, if a person doesn't speak I think we think of all kinds of nasty things they might be thinking about us -- not realizing that they probably aren't thinking about us at all! LOL!

I don't know why I do better on stage -- probably because I have a script and know what to say. Rather than trying to think of things on the spur of the moment to a stranger. Talking about the weather only goes so far and you all know I like the really juicy stuff that can get me in a lot of trouble!

#115111 - 04/20/07 11:06 AM Re: Self-Esteem Issues [Re: Casey]
celtic_flame Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY-aTOxkRf0

on a low day or one when your critisised or or no ones agreeing with you or your choises try a few chorises from this at full volum , lungs filled lol. it dose WONDERS LOL

ps their one verrse in the song about DV i dont agree with that but love the rest of the song....

#115112 - 04/20/07 10:37 PM Re: Self-Esteem Issues [Re: celtic_flame]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Ain't Nobody's Business But Mine is a great old blues tune. She changed some of the words and a bit of the tune, but the meaning remains the same.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#115114 - 04/26/07 10:49 PM Re: Self-Esteem Issues [Re: ]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Anne, Yes, it is wonderful therapy! Toastmasters is a great way to get started with speaking. Even if you don't want to do anything formal, you get to know more about yourself and it comes in handy for those little things in life -- like wedding toasts!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved