The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 212 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#115052 - 04/19/07 08:10 AM Re: Wuv my hat [Re: Louisa]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I read somewhere that in the near future people won't have photographs hanging on their walls. Instead they will have flat screens that show slide shows, which you can program accordingly. I think that's a great idea. That might be cheaper than moving.

#115053 - 04/19/07 11:47 AM Re: Wuv my hat [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Great ... something else for me to spill paint on ...

#115054 - 04/19/07 01:56 PM Re: Wuv my hat [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
There you go Hannelore. Perfect. I'm sure this will happen very soon, but I still like holding the photos in my hand and seeing them displayed in albums.

I don't know about you but I'm all confused with my photos the past few years. Some are on the lap top, some are on the kids computers, some are still in the camera, and only a few are printed.

What's everyone doing with photos these days? Are you still printing everything?

#115055 - 04/19/07 05:42 PM Re: Wuv my hat
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
mine are onnthe computer or copied onto disks. I also miss having them in photo albums or disorginised shoe boxes lol...it gets a bit scarrie incase a cd gets lost or brok when it holds over 600 photos on it....

yea slide show flate screens good concept for some types of photos. JJ something else to spill paint on????

i miss old photos especillie ones mum had and i rember both us looking at them and they a bit more presciouse becouse she actulie held them in her hand....i dont get that sentimental over a silver cd with 100's on it kinda losses a bit of the personalisasion.

#115056 - 04/22/07 02:37 AM Re: Wuv my hat [Re: celtic_flame]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I have them in albums, I do some scrapbooking, I have them on CD's and in the pc. I also have what is called a Pciture Book. My husband got it for me for our anniversary. We got it in Brookstone store in NH on sale. I can put a memory stick from my camera right in it and show slide shows of what's on there or I can download them into it from the pc. It's a nice toy. It holds thousands of photos.

#115057 - 04/22/07 02:06 PM Re: Wuv my hat [Re: Louisa]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Yeah, I figure I'll be painting in the room where the flat screen resides and I can't seem to paint ANY where without spilling paint. I even get it on my eyelashes.

I have both Dots...on the computer and in albums. What do I prefer? Both, but for different reasons. I like the online so that I can send pictures without cost to my friends that live far away and give them a touch of "home."

I like albums so that on days when I want to enjoy my past, I can sit with a good cup of java and flip through the albums, tissue in hand, and travel down memory lane.

Both have their place for me. Overall, give me a album though.

#115058 - 04/22/07 11:21 PM Re: Wuv my hat [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I'm funny about this. I want them all in the same place. I don't like the interruption of having missing chunks of time in the albums or photo boxes because some are on the computer. Know what I mean? This is why I still haven't gone digital. Hubby and kids are, but I'm not.

#115059 - 04/23/07 09:45 PM Re: Wuv my hat
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sometimes late at night when I have been missing my boys, I pull out the photo albums and relive in my heart all the wonderful times. Thats why I keep my photo albums up to date and handy. I will never go digital.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#115060 - 04/24/07 09:25 AM Re: Wuv my hat [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh chatty, another stickler for photo albums. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only photo dinosaur.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved