The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#114098 - 06/11/07 05:06 PM Re: I'm Leavin' On A Jet Plane [Re: Lola]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Gonna Miss you bad.

#114099 - 06/11/07 10:57 PM Re: I'm Leavin' On A Jet Plane [Re: chickadee]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Bye! See you soon!

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#114100 - 06/15/07 08:10 PM Re: I'm Leavin' On A Jet Plane [Re: Anno]
chickadee Offline

Wonder how Anno is doing...

#114101 - 06/15/07 08:15 PM Re: I'm Leavin' On A Jet Plane [Re: chickadee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
She' probably drinking Spanish Rose', munching on olives, and listening to hot guitar music...poor kid.

#114102 - 06/15/07 08:19 PM Re: I'm Leavin' On A Jet Plane [Re: Edelweiss]
chickadee Offline

yeah....life sucks for her now, huh?

#114103 - 07/11/07 09:44 AM Re: I'm Leavin' On A Jet Plane [Re: chickadee]
Anno Offline

What a wonderful, beautiful, magnificant country, Spain was and is.

Yes, I munched on many olives, drank too much tinto wine and I did hear some hot guitar music. It was a terrific trip.

I missed my girlfriends while I was gone, and can't wait to catch up on all the goings on. Hope you all are well, and it's good to be back among mi amigas.

#114104 - 07/11/07 12:35 PM Re: I'm Leavin' On A Jet Plane [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Buenas Dias Senora!!!!
Please tell us something about your trip. What impressed you most? What did you not like the most? Did you do the night life thing? Was it very hot? Meet any interesting people? Am I asking alot of questions? Can I stop this?

You've just been saved by a grandchild hauling her fists out, ready to pound on the keyboard...!!!!

#114105 - 07/11/07 06:47 PM Re: I'm Leavin' On A Jet Plane [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Oh, and I thought maybe it was the grandchild asking so many questions. Isn't she at the age to say "why, what, how, when" all the time?

We loved Barcelona. Loved, loved, loved it. We arrived early in the afternoon and our hotel was just off of Las Rambles, the long street with a boulevard in the middle, and tons of shops, resturants, etc on either side. All down the boulevard was a wonderful festive feeling. These mimes, in full body paint and costumes (and HOT, sunny days) would stand as statues, until someone put a coin in the hat, and then they would act whatever part they were playing. A few steps later, someone would be juggling, or playing music, or showing a card trick. And people, in great moods, all over the place.

And the architecture, and the art and the food. Those of you who have been reading "Eat, Pray, Love" might remember where one of her friends in Italy said that each city or person could be defined by one word. I shared this with Dennis and we tried the whole time to find the one word to describe Barcelona.

Accepting. That was my word by the time we left. For example, a Gaudi building (the architect, whose name inspired the word gaudy) next to a monastary, right after a museum of modern art and next to a university full of students dressed in goth. Even the theives (which we heard stories of, but never had problems with any) seem to be accepted as a way of life in Barcelona.

And the FOOD! Oh my, oh my! We did manage to do the late night eating routine, and actually got to enjoy going out for dinner at 10:00. But we never went out after dinner for a dance or anything.

I will tell more later. There are so many great stories and spots, and as long as someone is interested, I will be happy to share.

#114106 - 07/11/07 06:59 PM Re: I'm Leavin' On A Jet Plane [Re: Anno]
Mountain Ash Offline

Anno was the mosaic lovely in Barcelona.I have only seen it on travel programmes.
Your batteries will be recharged.
Mountain ash

#114107 - 07/11/07 07:31 PM Re: I'm Leavin' On A Jet Plane [Re: Mountain Ash]
Anno Offline

Oh, yes, Mountain, the mosaics were lovely. So detailed, so intricate and colorful. The art in general was so full of life and energy. The passion for the work in the field of art was apparent every where we went. I hope you can see it in person one day.

One day, I spent a few hours just taking close ups of the ceramics, mosaics, the details on the architecture - I want to paint some of what I saw, it was so inspiring.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved