The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 205 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#113933 - 07/22/07 05:55 PM Re: Menopause Symptoms [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
I came across the new Chicken Soup for the Soul in Menopause book. I of course bought it! I have read several of the stories and they are really funny. The cartoons are hilarious! I am going to pick up a copy for one of my sisters this week. Just this week, her doctor confirmed she's not crazy, she's in menopause. I too have been dealing with some of these issues this week. I have been very moody lately, I feel like I have PMS more often than not and have those days when I want to run away from it all.
I had lunch with my friend Maggie. What would I do without her? She's 7 years ahead of me and it on the back side of menopause. I was having a particularly bad day, really down on myself so we arranged to have lunch. I was telling her I kept having those thoughts....I don't want to be anyone's wife, mother, employee, etc. I just wanted to check out for a while, run away somewhere. She knew exactly how I felt. I could remember times when she would call me sobbing and feeling the same way. I felt so much better after lunch, I still wanted to run for the hills, but I resisted the urge.
Gerri

#113934 - 07/23/07 04:03 PM Re: Menopause Symptoms [Re: gerrbeck]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
gerrbeck, I also sweat more now than ever. Funny, I am also looking for a better deoderant. What a hoot. Anybody have any suggestions?

Having friends and these boards has certainly helped me through my moody perimenopausal state. Well, I also might add that the birth control has helped too.

Yesterday, for no absolute reason at all, while on a boat trip with hubby and friends, I had this intense feeling of sadness. I even filled up while in the ladies room. Weird! Now mind you, this is in the middle of a gorgeous day on the bay doing something I love with people I adore. I decided it had to do with missing my kids because they used to be with us on the bay. I mean it came from out of nowhere. Can you relate?

Edited by Dotsie (07/23/07 04:40 PM)

#113935 - 07/23/07 04:27 PM Re: Menopause Symptoms
Mountain Ash Offline

Yes Dotsie

Mountain ash

#113936 - 07/23/07 05:28 PM Re: Menopause Symptoms [Re: Mountain Ash]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I can relate Dotsie. When our boys, moved out of the house, I joined a club of families that provided a summer vacation for children from Tschernobyl.

I'll never forget one particular day. We drove to an amusement park, and my husband climbed into a ride with the little Russian boys, (6 and 8 years old). I remained on the ground to take pictures. As they whizzed by, it was like I was set back into a twilight zone. I felt I was watching my husband with our sons. Boy did I well up. When the three of them got off their ride, I managed to hide my crying, but it was damn hard.

I was never so aware of time and how fast it goes. A big hand seemed to tug at my heart strings. The short episode of our childrens' lives goes too fast- But I tell you Dotsie, some day you will be a grandmother too, and you will be able to relive these joys, even more intensly than before. You'll see. Enjoy this free time you have now;…before you know it, children's laughter will fill your house again.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved