The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 212 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#113922 - 06/21/07 03:20 PM Re: Menopause Symptoms [Re: DJ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
DJ, thanks for this eye opening post. I'll give the cracker in oil a try.

What would you recommend?

#113923 - 06/21/07 03:31 PM Re: Menopause Symptoms
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Anybody read any of Kevin Troudeau's books? It says that certain kinds of lotion or oils you put on your skin is bad for you. Like DJ says, they contain certain chemicals that harm, rather than help, the skin/pores breathe. Just a thought. I'll try to find some more concrete info.

#113924 - 06/21/07 10:33 PM Re: Menopause Symptoms [Re: jawjaw]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Kevin Troudeau has been investigated several times for scamming people and is currently banned by the FTC. If you do a Google search on him you'll find all kinds of interesting info.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#113925 - 06/22/07 02:38 AM Re: Menopause Symptoms [Re: yonuh]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
I Googled and found that Kevin Trudeau uses questionable advertising practices.

However, what matters is the message -- your skin more quickly absorbs chemicals than if you swallow the chemical. Try the saltine experiment. When you pull the cracker out of the mineral oil, it's a crispy as it was when you put it in. It's a clear illustration of what mineral oil can do to your skin because the mineral oil (i.e., petroleum) creates a sort of hermetic sheild over your skin. Remember when the Goldfinger movie came out and learning that if anyone ever actually painted themselves with gold, they'd suffocate to death because their skin couldn't breathe.

#113926 - 06/22/07 05:36 AM Re: Menopause Symptoms [Re: DJ]
chickadee Offline

I remember that DJ. Didn't someone almost die?

#113927 - 06/23/07 02:07 PM Re: Menopause Symptoms [Re: chickadee]
chickadee Offline

Holy Moly, it's 9:00 AM and I am still up. I can't sleep at night and I stayed awake ALL day yesterday but I still couldn't get to sleep last night. I don't feel tired but I sure look it. This menopause crap is getting old, pardon the pun.

#113929 - 07/02/07 03:27 PM Re: Menopause Symptoms [Re: ]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Speakerwoman, can't wait for the new Chicken Soup book. I love them.

Dotsie, I use Burt's Bees lotions and potions. They seem to work wonders on my skin and many of them contain shea butter.

I am perimenopausal and it hasn't been a picnic.

Chick, what keeps you awake? Nightsweats or something else? I have early morning sweats, between 3 a.m. and 9 a.m. It can last an hour or longer. Not fun.

I'm having trouble with vaginal drying and yeast infections. I started eating more yogurt and taking Azo tablets.

Why don't men have any of these problems? It's just not fair.

Laurel

#113930 - 07/05/07 02:54 PM Re: Menopause Symptoms [Re: Laurel]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Speaker, if any of the women are members of the NABBW, I'll be happy to.

Laurel, I'm in a hormonal funk today too. This is my week of blank pills and by the end of the week, I need estrogen. Plus, my uncle died so I am squeezing in the funeral home visits and funeral. He is the eighth of Mom's nine siblings to die. I feel sorry for my one aunt who is the only one remaining. I couldn't imagine losing my three sisters and brother. Life can be tough.

#113931 - 07/05/07 10:23 PM Re: Menopause Symptoms
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Okay, yesterday my friend and I were walking and towards the end of our walk we were both complaining about how badly we sweat now. I have noticed over the past year I just sweat so much more than I ever have. It's making me crazy! I'm not too thrilled with the weight gain this year either, but I'm working on that. Has anyone found a deoderant or any other remedy for this problem?
gerrbeck

#113932 - 07/05/07 10:58 PM Re: Menopause Symptoms [Re: gerrbeck]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I understand completely! I limit the lotion on my arms and legs, because that tends to make me sweat more for some reason - maybe because it's blocking my pores?

There is moisture wicking clothing now; you can find it in sporting goods stores. However, when I play racquetball I sweat like crazy. When I wore a wicking shirt I stayed dry, but I felt a little hotter. Sweat is meant to help you cool off. The clothing doesn't keep you from sweating, it just keeps you dry.

Good luck!
Kathy

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved