The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 132 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#113705 - 04/04/07 08:47 PM my mom: inoperable cancer
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Well, girlfriends, this is a sad day. My mother had exploratory surgery. It is discoered that she has cancer in her lung, in her chest wall, and elsewhere. The cancer is so extensive that it is inoperable. My mother and stepfather live in AZ. So I will be flying from CO to AZ in a few days to help my mother make the transition from the hospital to home. I have a feeling that she will refuse the only treatment available to her, which is chemo and/or radiation. This makes her cancer terminal. She had breast cancer 20 years ago. She had a mastectomy but refused chemo/radiation. I don't blame her. I had no symptoms from my breast cancer, but the chemo nearly killed me. My grandmother had breast cancer and she will be 101 this year. I had a dream that my mother and grandmother "went" at the same time. I also had a dream that I would be staying in my mother's house without her there. I am putting my real estate on hold for now to go to AZ to see how I can care for my mom and step f. My younger brother (he is 40 something) lives near them and he is a good guy with 3 kids. I don't know...Life is difficult.

#113706 - 04/04/07 08:50 PM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I am so sorry to hear this. Please know you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Have a safe trip.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#113707 - 04/04/07 08:57 PM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: Dianne]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
We're here for you; it's good that you can be with your mother during this time. Take care...
Kathy

#113708 - 04/04/07 09:37 PM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Thanks girlfriends. Now I know I may not leave until Sunday. Some of you may know that my mother and I had an on again off again relationship, sometimes strange and estranged. I can only say that by the grace of God we made peace in the last couple of years. It's hard to know that if the cancer is so wide spread and inoperable, then it is terminal.

#113709 - 04/04/07 10:03 PM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: Princess Lenora]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Lynn,

You and your mother and entire family are in my thoughts and prayers...be safe...take care of yourself.

#113710 - 04/04/07 10:15 PM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Oh Lynn, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. Out of my own recent journey down the same road, I offer my heartbreaking wisdom: make every moment count; in amongst all of the rushing around "doing", remember to stop and simply "be", because there comes a patch of road in this journey when "being with" becomes the most important gift we can give; love her, love her, love her - don't hold back, let it just pour out of you - and let HER love pour into you too.

There are many heart-excruciating days ahead, but Lynn, this time you have with her is so precious and blessed and gift, so be courageous, take one step, one day at a time, and try to come here often to let us be your pillars of strength and encouragement (and if you can't come here, KNOW to your innermost being that we're still here praying and loving you throughout this journey).

Let your "light and love" guide you into the most amazing journey we can ever make with a loved one.

(Maya Angelou)

#113711 - 04/04/07 10:17 PM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: Jane_Carroll]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I'm sorry Lynn.
My heart is with you and your family. I am glad that you were able to make peace with your mother before this happened and if I can be so bold to make a suggestion to you . . . Talk to her as much as possible. Talk about everything and anything, good times and bad.

#113712 - 04/04/07 10:32 PM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: TVC15]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Lynn, I'm so sorry. I will be keeping you and your mom and family in my prayers.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#113713 - 04/04/07 10:42 PM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: TVC15]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I am so sorry to read about this, Lynnie. But, please bear in mind that you and your Mom are in our prayers. As Eagle had said, take one day at a time.

I am so glad that you are able to fly out to be with her.

#113714 - 04/05/07 12:23 AM Re: my mom: inoperable cancer [Re: Lola]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lynnie, I'm so sorry, my prayers are with you and may God Bless your journey.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved