The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 91 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#11319 - 02/18/06 11:09 PM Re: Cancer Survivors
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Ladies....thank you so much for all your kind words. Makes me feel much better.
I just pull up those big girl panties and get on with it all the time.
But at times, as you all know, I get into a "funk" and it's hard not to remember the past.
Love, peace, and joy to all!
Lynne

#11320 - 02/19/06 01:43 AM Re: Cancer Survivors
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I'm one of the lucky ones who has faced cancer a number of times with TONS of support and it's made it easier than I can possibly express. Friends, family, prayer chains with strangers involved....it's heartening and encouraging and a HUGE blessing. I can only hope that those of you who are dealing with cancer yourselves or in your families can FIND support - if your friends and families aren't there for you (and I can't imagine something more painful than that!) find a support group somewhere.

Believing in yourself, and in the FUTURE keeps the positivity flowing and I know that without that, I wouldn't be here today myself.

If any of you need to vent or have nobody "in your corner" - PM me or email me...as I said, support is so important!

Hugs to everyone who is now dealing with, or has dealt in the past with this awful disease.

#11321 - 02/19/06 04:13 AM Re: Cancer Survivors
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
What I'm seeing here only reaffirms my faith in the love and support that are such an important part of fighting any life-threatening illness.

Right now I'm fighting a sansty head cold and can't think straight, let alone write straight. But if anyone wants to pm me about cancer survival and support, please feel free.

The stories we've been sharing here have touched me in a way that's impossible to describe.

#11322 - 02/20/06 08:59 AM Re: Cancer Survivors
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I so pray that one day our kids will talk about cancer the way our generation speaks of polio.

There will be a vaccine for every kind of cancer imaginable.

They will talk about how barbaric the treatments were and their children will respond with disbelief.

Let's all keep praying for a cure.

Until, may God wrap His loving arms around every person going through treatments (feel them), and those who are loving and caring for them. May everyone feel His sympathy and live through His strength He so freely gives all who ask.

#11323 - 02/20/06 04:29 PM Re: Cancer Survivors
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Lovely sentiment Dotsie....I too pray for a cure. They are making strides in the treatment arena, but it's a long road.

Meanwhile those of us who deal with this horrible disease are grateful for the love and support of anyone and everyone who has it to give.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved