The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#11139 - 05/11/06 07:05 AM Re: Mystery Heart Palpitations & Pain
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Nancy in Maine, Its a good idea to eat oatmeal for breakfast as well at least every other day. I use a banana for my sweetener and it works well on the hot cereal with a sprinkle of cinnamon. You should also look for some "unroasted - unsalted" almonds and eat 12 a day as a snack. They are extremely heart healthy.

#11140 - 05/11/06 08:10 PM Re: Mystery Heart Palpitations & Pain
Val Offline

Loc: Pa.
Hi all. I am also one who uses stevia. There are different brands to try. Some don't leave the aftertaste and also if you use it for a while you get used to the difference in taste. Also brown rice syrup and agave are low glycemic index I believe. There have been many write ups on the dangers of artificial sweeteners. Check out archived articles on Mercola.com.

#11141 - 05/12/06 04:02 AM Re: Mystery Heart Palpitations & Pain
Nancy in Maine Offline

Loc: Belfast, Maine
Chatty lady, thanks for the note about the oatmeal and banana for sweetener. I have been having terrible cramps in my feet at night and the doctor suggested tonic water because of the quinine in it. Maybe it's not a potassium thing after all but he has heard of palpitations from Splenda.

#11142 - 05/12/06 04:28 AM Re: Mystery Heart Palpitations & Pain
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
That sh- - nearly killed me. So glad he's heard of it, wonder if he tells his patience? Nancy eat a couple bananas a day for a couple weeks and see if it doesn't help the cramps. Google potassium on the main page here and see what else comes up....

#11143 - 05/12/06 07:46 AM Re: Mystery Heart Palpitations & Pain
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Potassium, calcium and B complex - all good for muscles (heart is a muscle) and nerves.

#11144 - 07/29/06 10:12 PM Re: Mystery Heart Palpitations & Pain [Re: Bluebird]
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
Splenda is made by using chloride which is chlorine. This is a dangerous substance. Sweet n low, saccharin is not as dangerous as everyone tried to tell the world. They were just coming out with aspartame or something else, I can't quite remember what, and they tried to disparage saccharin. It was supposed to cause cancer I think. I think that is the big thing everyone jumps on when they want to disparage something.

There is a new sugar 0.02 calories in the USA and 0 calories in Japan, [diff ways of thinking], called erythritol. It smells like cotton candy, [I smell everything lol] and is very sweet and I think diabetics are supposed to be able to use it also.

Stevia still has an aftertaste to me, and I've use the clear stuff all kinds of it.

Chatty that's good. I'll remember to eat oatmeal after I juice. It just takes so long to cook!
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Like real life stuff? Go here:
http://www.my-walk-with-God.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved