The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#110643 - 03/11/07 05:36 PM Re: Oh dear, don't know what to do. [Re: chickadee]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Go, go, go and have fun, fun, fun! Dancing AND the vacation!

I love the relationship you have with your mother. Chick is right - a great, inspirational story that needs to be shared!

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#110644 - 03/11/07 05:52 PM Re: Oh dear, don't know what to do. [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Chick, I wrote my Mom a letter on her 85th B-Day last September...I could post that..., but I think it's too long…and would probably be boring for you all here.

How about if we all just write something what we particularly remember or loved about our mothers. Maybe even the earliest memory?

Okay, I'll start.

The first memory I have of my mom is how she'd always delight me in a little question and answer duel we would play.

I remember asking her, "Do you love me this much, Mommy?" And I'd hold my short arms far apart.

She would look down at me, a smile on your lips, and say, "Noooo, ….

Then I pretended to be sad, but at the same time I felt excited for I knew what was coming next.

"This much," she would say every time, as she stretched her arms out and as far apart as possible.

Funny, how I can remember this so clearly. It’s a little game that probably all children play with their parents. I think it's the foundation of love, and the beginning of knowing where you belong in this big bewildering world. I know some of my boomer sisters here didn't have this love foundation from their Mothers...but even a sibling or a grandparent might have provided you with that. It would be nice if you shared too.

#110645 - 03/11/07 06:19 PM Re: Oh dear, don't know what to do. [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time;
it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."
-Sydney J. Harris, Strictly Personal

#110646 - 03/11/07 08:21 PM Re: Oh dear, don't know what to do. [Re: jawjaw]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hannelore, I loved your story. My apologies tho. I posted a website to submit stories and it didn't show up on my post. I'll try to post it again.Here it is(maybe)
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/ActiveAging/story?id=1808916&page=1

#110647 - 03/11/07 08:39 PM Re: Oh dear, don't know what to do. [Re: chickadee]
Edelweiss Offline

Oh, okay Chick. I just checked it out. Lots of love going on there. Couldn't figure out how to post. duh? Oh well...I'll just chat with you ladies here...at least I know how to do that.

#110648 - 03/11/07 10:16 PM Re: Oh dear, don't know what to do. [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
My mom's dad owned some land near a river where I grew up. He raised gladiolus in the summer time (he was a school principal) for extra money.

I remember my mom, and one of her girlfriends, taking us to the river, where grandpa had carved out a small beach. We would sit for the longest time, playing in the sand, wading in the river and just being kids. Mom packed a picnic (probably bologna sandwiches and homemade cookies, I don't remember) and it seemed like we had fun all day long.

Just a few years ago, mom told me she never liked beaches. I realized that she had sacrificed her wants for us. We enjoyed, and she enjoyed us, so we did.

I was one of the lucky ones growing up, and I know that now.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#110649 - 03/12/07 07:34 AM Re: Oh dear, don't know what to do. [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

JJ I added your quote to my collection. It's very very wise. Thanks.

Anno, your description sounds so peaceful. Even if your Mom didn't like beaches, just packing your picnic and basking in her children's joys must have been wonderful for her.

I consider myself as one of the lucky ones growing up as well. Maybe that's why we seem to have so much in common.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved