The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 123 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#110471 - 03/08/07 09:38 PM Re: Today is my daughter's birthday. [Re: chickadee]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Wow! Chickadee, that's wonderful! Its like you could see into our world for a little while. Thats just the way we are. Aaliyah and I sort the laundry and she loves to hand it to me to put in the washer and then the dryer.

They love to stand at the sink and wash dishes (make a huge mess..) but its all good.

Alicia just called me this morning crying because her ex husband and his livein girlfriend have the boys this weekend and they sent her an email telling her how they're going to punish them for not wanting to come to their house but preferring to stay home with her.

She saved all the nasty emails. She doesn't know what to do. Alicia only makes 8.75 an hour and he doesn't pay child support, just sporadically and then not all of it. So she bought the oldest son a new belt, some pants and a new shirt at WalMart. She let him wear them to the dad's house for the visit. The dad took his new things and donated them to Goodwill because he accused her of keeping a new Scout belt that he and his girlfriend had bought for him.

Her heart is broken that he would do something to his sons just to teach her a lesson or just to hurt her. She asked him why he hates her so much and he doesn't have an answer.

Please pray for my grandsons, Joseph and James, and for Alicia their mom.

#110472 - 03/09/07 12:14 AM Re: Today is my daughter's birthday. [Re: NewLeaf]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Chick...I love the poem...awesome...

NL...I'll never understand how parents can hurt children to get even with each other...my best to Alicia and the boys...

#110473 - 03/09/07 12:55 AM Re: Today is my daughter's birthday. [Re: Jane_Carroll]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Thank you JC, I can't understand it either. Why would you hate someone that much. I can't help but think of that father who flew his plane with his little girl in it, into his ex inlaws home killing the little girl.

Reminds me of that story of the two women who came before the judge with just one infant. Both the women wanted the child, the judge just said cut the child in half and give one half to the one mother and the other half to the other one.

The real mother who truly loved the child quickly said, "No, judge the child belongs to her. Give the child to her."

Loving a child is sacrificial and changes so much about you.

#110474 - 03/09/07 01:20 AM Re: Today is my daughter's birthday. [Re: NewLeaf]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
happie belated birrthday to alisha (preety name)....

i am sorrie to heer it's so tough for her and like jane get gobstruck at parents behaving that bad perhapps blinded by anger and not taking note that one of the cassulties is the kids...even if they manage a direct hit of pain with the ex partner.

That biblical storie you just recounted i was just thinking about it today, funnie enough. I got news of another unhappie couple fighting and the kids getting cought up in it.
I don't know the laws in usa and wouldn't know what to suggest...hope alisha manages to act with dignitie and self-respect in the situasion even if it hard....

MOUNTSAIN i love that poem too and i lukie to rember it when lucien still so young.

Lucien so young so telling the birth storie wouldn't work with him lol hes just begining to understand that the babie pics of him in the house reallie weer of him....

What i do and wont be able to do forever or for much longer is we have a bath together (he's 3 now)...done it on his first birthday. We play and i wash him. The bath coincides with the time of his deliverie. I tell him how i love him and appoligise for the things i feel weer not up to scratch in the lasst year and that the new year will be better. So we both clean and fresh to go forwared into the next year....It makes sence to me lol.

Do you ladies appoligise or did appoligise to your kids when they weer young and now also that they are adults. Its something i never heard from my parents growing up....Once i heared it from my dad (when i was an adult) it was important to me.Think it was the sigh of the times or model of parenting at that time...

whats your ladies take on this matter if you don't mind?

celtic

#110475 - 03/09/07 08:08 AM Re: Today is my daughter's birthday. [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Praying for James, Joseph and Alicia. That creep father of theirs needs a good lesson from a very large man with big, hard fists....

Edited by chatty lady (03/09/07 08:08 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#110476 - 03/09/07 12:23 PM Re: Today is my daughter's birthday. [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
celtic, yes, I have always apologized to my kids when I was wrong. I still do. I think it teaches them to recognize their mistakes too and admit them.

Newleaf, I will pray that thier anger subsides and might be replaced with some kind of joy for them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved