The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 12 of 16 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
#110376 - 04/23/07 07:07 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: jawjaw]
Emyjay Offline

Hi,

So sorry I haven't posted. I was just beginning to see the light of day,when my very mean boss chewed me out. Well, my coping mechanisms are weak right now. I feel like a fragile egg.

Needless to say, the week was very difficult as I was trying along with my therapist to decide if I should just quit. I decided against this decision, because if I wasn't going to work, I'd just probably stay in bed. Better to have my brain on something or someone other than myself.

I'll write back again later. Thanks to all of you wonderful ladies for caring for little ole me.

Love,
Emil6

#110377 - 04/23/07 10:44 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Emyjay]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Welcome back, I only hope your spirits will be lifted soon and all will be well. A busy mind is less likely to get into trouble.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#110378 - 04/23/07 10:49 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Emyjay]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Keep taking the best care of yourself that you can. How are the meds working?

#110379 - 04/23/07 10:56 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Anno]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
good to heer from you emjay? sorrie it was a sh**t of a week for you. Hope your boss dosent make a habit of chewing you out, mean bugger.

Hows it going with the new therapist?

#110380 - 04/24/07 11:28 AM Re: Revealing something here [Re: celtic_flame]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Good to hear from you Em....still in my thoughts and prayers

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#110381 - 04/24/07 05:25 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Poppie]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Emjay, it's good to hear from you.
You want the queen to put a pox on your boss? She can you know.
In all seriousness, I am glad that you dropped by. Please stay in touch when you can.

#110382 - 05/05/07 02:20 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Poppie]
Emyjay Offline

Thank you all for corresponding with me.

I was doing better, then the bottom dropped out again. I'm working closely with Dr. Spears as he tries to change amounts of meds or maybe will change them all.

As I said before, I feel guilty when I vent to new friends and old.

But, I have some issues I believe all of you or some of you can help me with.

I'm on my way to my old therapist now. He's seeing me(and some other pervious patients) for awhile until we can find therapists.

I went to a therapist a minister recommended. She wasn't bad, but I have strong religious phobias and left feeling pannicky. Like I said she was good, but wants to try some
EMDR therapy (has to do with eye movement) and Dr. Spears says this is not what I need. He also says I don't need to be facing or opening up really threatening or trigger issues now.

Good news is he thinks he found a cognitive therapist right here in Silver Spring! Only thing we need to find our is if she is taking new patients. He's a well-known research DR. in this area and so i hope she'll take me.

I'm also losing all of my friends because of moves to other states. This is causing me so much mental pain. I would like to talk to you all about this issue, if it's okay with everyone.

Need to run.

I still very much need all of the hope from this site that I can get. Feeling very lonely and getting tired of being depressed.

Want to be happy and helping others.

Love,
Emily

#110383 - 05/05/07 02:25 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Emyjay]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Hi Emily. It sounds as if you are in a very difficult place right now. I am keeping you in my heart and prayers that you will find the right therapist. It's hard when you feel so down, but it's not permanent. You will feel better, just picture yourself as you want to be and hold that in your heart. We are all here for you.

(((((HUGS)))))
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#110384 - 05/05/07 07:55 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: yonuh]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
We move a lot and I've lost friends too. I have tried to make new ones and Anno on this site has become a very valuable one to me.

If I had to go to a very religious therapist, I'd get nervous too. I never found one that was really good anyway until I found Dr. Bob. The man saved my life.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#110385 - 05/06/07 12:02 PM Re: Revealing something here [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Emy, I have been thinking of you and wondering how you were doing. Thanks for the update.

I find it sad that our society moves so much these days. We have noticed this at our church and ino ur neighborhood. I've had several dear friends move for better jobs, and one moved for a simpler life. I admire that latter.

Emy, do you have any neighbors you can befriend? Maybe you and your hubby could invite them for a cook-out to get to know them better? Maybe it could open doors for a walking partner. Do you belong to any clubs, a church? How about women at work. IS ther one in particular that you would like to get to know better? Perhaps you could see if she wants to have lunch on a weekend or something. Ar eyou able to muster up enough courage to do soemthing like that? I'll pray so.

I think there are many women out there who are also looking to enrich friendships, but won't step out of their comfort zones to extend the invitation.

Page 12 of 16 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved