The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 78 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#109848 - 03/05/07 01:19 PM Re: Come one, come all! To our poetry free for all ! [Re: celtic_flame]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
there are still two days ladies 'move your blooming Ar**" quote from...my fair lady

popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#109849 - 03/05/07 01:20 PM Re: Come one, come all! To our poetry free for all ! [Re: celtic_flame]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Well, I was just reacting to Orchid's post, and figured the rest of the ladies felt the same way.
Okey...if you want, send them all in to me...Then I'll post them without the author's name...and if it's only three or four submissions...who cares, we are all winners.

#109850 - 03/05/07 03:45 PM Re: Come one, come all! To our poetry free for all ! [Re: Edelweiss]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
ahhhh i din't think to respond to that post sorrie,

remebr their a day or diffrence in time zone so some ladies may be a day behind or ahead off the 7th

celtic

#109851 - 03/06/07 09:29 AM Re: Come one, come all! To our poetry free for all ! [Re: celtic_flame]
Edelweiss Offline

POETRY IN MOTION

Today is the last day to PM me your submissions!
Poems, Haiku, jingles,
or just some meaningful words for the
Women's International Day are welcome!
If you rather just vote...then that's
fine too! Stay tuned...the entries
will be posted Wednesday!
Hannelore

#109852 - 03/06/07 11:44 AM Re: Come one, come all! To our poetry free for all ! [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks so much for doing this. I had to get in on the action. Here is my attempt from the hotel room in Chicago at 5:39 AM. Short and sweet. Have a great day. I tried to email it but the dang computer isn't set up for email.

Embrace the good in one another.
If you stay home,
Embrace those who climb the corporate ladder.
If you climb the corporate ladder,
Embrace those who stay home.
If you are fair skinned,
Embrace women of color.
If you are a woman of color,
Embrace those who are fair skinned.
If you vote one party line,
Embrace those who vote another.
If you embrace God,
embrace those who don't.
If you don't embrace God,
Embrace those who do.
We have more similarities than differences.
Embrace them.
Look for the good in all women.
Embrace one another.

Edited by Dotsie (03/06/07 11:45 AM)

#109853 - 03/06/07 03:41 PM Re: Come one, come all! To our poetry free for all !
Edelweiss Offline

Your welcome Dotsie. And thanks for submitting your beautiful poem. Did you just write it now? At 5:39 AM?
I'd be lucky to hit my teeth with a toothbrush at that hour.

#109854 - 03/07/07 08:06 PM Re: Come one, come all! To our poetry free for all ! [Re: Edelweiss]
Edelweiss Offline

Hello girls!

Ah, just want to let you know...at the risk of getting on your nerves...heh heh..
that it's the FINAL countdown; -- till midnight tonight!

I've been having a ball with the submissions so far...but we need more, REALLY more....and who knows...maybe this will be our first group-book! And then we'll make millions and zillions...and we'll all meet at some ritzy spa, let gorgeous hunks massage us and bathe our feet....pant pant...

Okay...It will be published tomorrow...hold on to your heads, er, hats.

#109855 - 03/07/07 08:19 PM Re: Come one, come all! To our poetry free for all ! [Re: Edelweiss]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hannelore, it that my midnight or yours. just kidding. I hope I get back in time to finish and send off.
By the way, Thank You for keeping this going. Maybe we need some prize donations. I have a keychain with The Prayer of Jabez on it that I will donate.

chick

#109856 - 03/07/07 08:23 PM Re: Come one, come all! To our poetry free for all ! [Re: chickadee]
Edelweiss Offline

Cancel your trip chick...this is more important. Where were you heading to? Just think if you win you get to keep your keychain!
Oh...and it's the forum time posted at the bottom that counts.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved