The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 14 of 20 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#109238 - 03/21/07 02:02 AM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: celtic_flame]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Quote:

Once in time slaviery was ok, the hollocost was ok, the inquisition was ok...them time turnes people get more evolved and find out that the stuff that was once ok and right and proper that they do was wrong to do all along...after years of shouting and screeming about their rightness and their rights to whatever it may be, it must take one big fall in ego and pride to face the truth of the destruction in the world and to personal lives just becouse they weer sure slavierie or such was so verie right......and then how do you explain that to your god, who will forgive you but their will always remain consiquinces to all our humanlie actions.

Slavery has never been "OK". Even so, the Celts (Gauls), the Romans, the Greeks, Northern Africans,
Africans and so many more cultures I can't even mention them all, owned slaves. All one has to do is study a bit of history to see that it has been documented that in North America the majority of black slaves were sold into slavery by their own people.

My own grandmother was a bond servant sold into slavery by her own father. The major cultures of the world have utilized slaves to build their cultures but it has never been a good thing for the slaves except that in their slavery many people who suffered found Christ and have passed that wonderful heritage on from generation to generation.

Hitler was a German who was empowered by Satan. He hated the Jewish race and tried to expunge them from the face of the earth. The Jewish race are God's chosen people. Only a God hater would try to erase the chosen people of God. Christians support our Jewish brothers and sisters completely. That is pretty evident politically, I think.

There will never be a day when there will be an amalganization of all the religions of the earth because what fellowship does light have with darkness. If you are not for Christ in this life, you are against Him and not a friend of God.

The whole reason God sent Jesus was to make a way for fallen man to come to Him. He knew how evil the heart of man has the capability to become.

I have never understood how anyone can try and lump sexual orientation into slavery, or the holocaust when that particular political block has more sanctions than any other and more government money goes to politically correct organizations and blocks within that faction than any other.

Its offensive to me for that faction to try and jump on the bandwagon with people like my grandmother who had to work out their freedom and like my brothers and sisters whose lives meant nothing in the concentration camps of Europe.

#109239 - 03/21/07 02:45 AM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: NewLeaf]
NewLeaf Offline

The most effective way to discredit another person's beliefs is to attempt to lump them in with all the others and attempt to make it just one of many, to dilute it. It won't work. When I mentioned to my co-workers, one of which is from Jamaica and a Christian, others around me who are young and black, they were incredulous. They couldn't believe that a lifestyle could be equated with slavery. They added that "if you try to dilute the Truth all one would have to do is boil it down and all the others would go up in steam, while the Truth would be stronger than ever."

#109240 - 03/21/07 07:17 AM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: NewLeaf]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Christianity was given to us by Christ.
Denominations were brought to us by man.

Even as I write this post, another piece of some denomination is probably splintering off to become yet another group. I find a distinct difference between Christianity and dogma/doctrine. So, best we lay denominations aside and get to the core - Christ - that is, if we choose to continue discussing "Christianity."
However, as a reminder, the original quest behind this thread was in sharing how we envision, feel and/or hear God.

I'll admit, your post made me feel a bit like you were defining sides and drawing a line in the sand. I, personally, will not be a participant in side taking. You may label me anyway you like. It doesn't change me for me. I will share my beliefs freely, AS WELL AS listen to others as they share theirs. For that is what I want - to share ideas, learning more........ that's all.

#109241 - 03/21/07 07:18 AM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: gims]
gims Offline

Hannelore, your quote is so fitting!!!!
And well worth reposting:
Quote:

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~~Dr. Seuss

#109242 - 03/21/07 08:11 AM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: Casey]
gims Offline

Casey quotes; my responses in blue

Quote:

...a "grace" Christian as opposed to a "law" Christian.

This is kind of bothersome (to me), as "Christianity" is all about "grace" and not about legalities. Through believing in Christ (the foundation of Christianity), we are saved by grace, pure and simple.

Quote:

Paul, (a man) came from a particular Jewish sect that was very law-oriented.

Paul was establishing laws for the church of Christ, not for salvation.
I've not been exposed to a situation where someon claimed what Paul said trumps what Jesus said. I've yet to get a good response from anyone, clergy or otherwise, about the contridictions in the Bible. But, I have read verses, on different occasions, for different reasons, and with several years in between readings, when the meaning appeared differently to me.

Quote:

Two things stand out to me. One is that Hank is a "rapture/last days" believer. I don't subscribe to that particular belief,...

I rejected the belief for many years. I still have doubts creep in concerning it. But, I do believe in the last days.

Quote:

(1) The Holy Scriptures, comprised of Old and New Testaments, are fully and verbally inspired by God and are therefore infallible in the original writings and completely trustworthy in all areas in which they speak.

Note the bold and underlined. I do believe this. I just don't know Hebrew to interpret the original writings for myself. I have to trust what is available, as well as discern from the offerings what is truth for me.

Quote:

...as I've said before, I don't subscribe to literal interpretation of the Bible, ...

I've also said that I have somewhat of a problem with translations. Here again, I have to trust in the Holy Spirit leading me to glean the divine meaning from what I read.

Quote:

... I know that Celtic has a point.

Celtic has some good points, as do many others, you being a primary... purpose here is to share those points. Some may come off sounding forceful, but who can fault someone for displaying passion for what they believe? Or caring so much, they can't risk wrapping the words in a package of "feel good" just so the message will be acceptable to all? I can't.

Quote:

So, where does a simple difference of belief in how we worship God/dess begin and end?

I would say in genuine "understanding."

Quote:

Where does our personal belief begin to adversely affect other people?

I answer, "only I can allow something to affect me."

Quote:

Just curious and don't mean to offend. These are my beliefs. Sorry for being so long-winded.

You are a kind soul, Casey... at no time have you offended me. I respect your input, as I feel you respect mine.

#109243 - 03/21/07 09:15 AM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: gims]
NewLeaf Offline

Today I watched CNN reporting about the war in Iraq. There was a map on the board describing how our military had built a long bridge across the Euphrates river and reference was made to the Bible revelations regarding the last days when the enemy would cross the Euphrates river to battle the final war of Armegeddon.

It was at that very instant when all the discussion and petty fighting between those of us who think we are wise, including myself, just fell away.

Prophecy is becoming reality in our lifetime. The Bible refers over and over to the crossing of the Euphrates river and to the countries that will join together against Israel in that final battle. China, Russia, Iran, Iraq, Syria, etc., and today I saw it for myself and held my head down in reverence to God. We have no right to question or think ourselves to be anything but dust but for the Glory of God our Creator.
The day will come and it won't be long when we will all be faced with ourselves and our decisions, myself included. Then shoes, and younger men, and our bodies and travel and vacations will seem like cotton candy compared to our eternity and where we will spend it.

I don't mean to be doom and gloom, ladies. Each of you, whether or not you believe it, are special to me. For some reason you have all come into my life and its no small thing to come into my life because I pray for those who cross my path and my journey. I adopt you and love you and cherish the thought of you and the things you do and accomplish.
I may not drip syrup and appear to be all up in your business like some, but I care.
There's not a thing I miss of your lives and the sweetness and kindness I see. Hannelore is a great woman with feeling and spunk, Meredithbead loves her husband and is such a strong spirit, Eagleheart has the most tender spirit I've seen in a long time and I think about you every day. Anno, is a searcher and a pragmatist, jawjaw is a comedian yet has deep feelings, she must have been the baby of the family. Celtic is a lot like me, a domineering soul who likes to be in charge, and Dotsie is a mega nurturer who cares about everyone and her own family in particular.
Chicadee is a dreamer and a poet, a kind and gentle spirit. Dee has been in so much pain...don't be lost to us, Dee. Stay with us. Don't be discouraged by our debate and discussion. Its all in the family.

We all have this in common, we love our families and our children. We share a common thread and that is a desire to connect and to be of service to others, to be accepted.

I give you my word that I will listen with my heart from now on and not my convictions, though, I can't give them up and won't because I believe, therefore I know.

Allow me the strength of my convictions and just as we have a category here in this forum called passion, allow me my passion and that is Christ Jesus.

#109244 - 03/21/07 10:17 AM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: NewLeaf]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Once in time slaviery was ok, the hollocost was ok, the inquisition was ok... them time turnes people get more evolved and find out that the stuff that was once ok and right and proper that they do was wrong to do all along... after years of shouting and screeming about their rightness and their rights to whatever it may be, it must take one big fall in ego and pride to face the truth of the destruction in the world and to personal lives just becouse they weer sure slavierie or such was so verie right ......and then how do you explain that to your god , who will forgive you but their will always remain consiquinces to all our humanlie actions. CELTIC QUOTE

Think back to when people were corrected because they were left-handed. For far too long, people viewed left-handedness as the "sign of the devil." CASY QUOTE

CASEY got the point of that paragraph.

For your informasion THERE WEER 1.5 MILLION HOMOSEXULES EXICUTED IN THE HOLOCOST.....becouse they weer homosexule.

descriminasion due to RACISUM IS NOT ACCEPTABLE nor is HOMOPHOBIA. prejucdice is not acceptible due to race, religion, sexule orintasion GENDER OR ANY OTHER supposide diffrences/The original point of that paragraph being re-explaned

I have my belifes and hopes for a world acceptances of all religions as valid pathways to god for some this would be an imposibilitie....
RESPECTFULLIE i will sit out on is christianity the one true religion, as those who belive have a bit more right to comment on this than i do. I am certionly not going to engage in making this or any other religion RONG regardless of my personal belifes or passions. Enjoy your descussion, hope it promotes peace acceptances and understanding...

#109245 - 03/21/07 11:09 AM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

CASYS QUOTE...And, as I've said before, I don't subscribe to literal interpretation of the Bible, although I accept that there are those that do.....
So, where does a simple difference of belief in how we worship God/dess begin and end? Where does our personal belief begin to adversely affect other people?...There's beliefs that lead to some pretty harsh actions and the "LGBT is sinful" is one. Innocent people have been killed over that. END CASYS QUOTE.

CASY from one who is "within" christianity ...thanks for that understanding and connection, between scripture, descriminasion, prejudices fuled killing, in the name of god....or more accuritly the bible and its interpritasions being used as the justificasion of such hate and prejidice...I don't and can't belive for one second that this is the true representasion of god or of christ and how he showed us to live our lives and conduct our affairs....how could murder and descriminasion leading to untold amounts of pain for verie manie poeple be the example of christ legacy on this earth....
its just the justificasion of ignorances hate and prejidice and the focus of the bible being used as a batterring ram...and in sincerity i hope and pray that god forgives them that use his legacy in such ways to bring such miserie...as wel as leading them to the relizasion of the error of their ways....theirs always hope

their are manie popeople seriouslie and adversly affected by this stances and theas types of statments. Fortunitly i am not one of them.....On behalf of the people who are, i will always speak out agenst it as i would any other type of descriminasion...and you never know the propergaters of such hate and fear might come to their senseas as to what their true motives are and what the true effect this has on the world and people.

#109246 - 03/21/07 01:07 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: NewLeaf]
celtic_flame Offline

Quote:

Jamaica and a Christian, others around me who are young and black, they were incredulous. They couldn't believe that a lifestyle could be equated with slavery.

NL Quote

the point was that descriminasion based on lifestyle or race was moralie and worldlie wrong, within or without of religion. Someone deemed themselfs superierier (due to some misguided idea)and felt they had a right to enslave someone else

if i had been told lifestyle choice euited to no lifestyle choice and enforced slavery i be cross to.

#109247 - 03/21/07 01:28 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: NewLeaf]
celtic_flame Offline

Quote:

Hitler was a German who was empowered by Satan. He hated the Jewish race and tried to expunge them from the face of the earth.....
......There will never be a day when there will be an amalganization of all the religions of the earth because what fellowship does light have with darkness. If you are not for Christ in this life, you are against Him and not a friend of God.

NL QUOTE

thats right hitler certinly wasen't working in the light when he did what he did, to JEWS, GYPSIES, TRAvELERS, HOMOSEXULES (hence the pink and black trinagles word in rembeernce of the holocoust by G&L,B)

As your second quote.....if you don't support christ...your in the dark, not a frend of god, ...what dose "fellowship does light have with darkness"...thats a nice respectfull view to enforce or label all other world religons, and people: those who arn't christion, those on the fence etc......But their only your belifes i know..i know..

However saying there will never be a day when their will NEVER be a one world religion....or ONE WORLD belife in god....weer people will not be devided by religion INSTEAD OF UNITITED IN GOD FOR GOD,......is fortunitly not yours to decide upon. Who knows what is in store for us as we move towards love understanding and TRUE fellowship of man/woman kind in the future. Is that such a bad thing???

Page 14 of 20 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 20 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved