The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#109148 - 03/02/07 11:25 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Thanks for posting your private account of "the hug" what effect it had on your life and some of your private spirituale experincess, it takes guts at times to make those views public...

Your take on evil is fair and grounded ....i liked best the expression that evil is not equile to god....

I would put evil down as a collectiv of energy be it thought, actions, past deeds, remains of tramau thats twisted the human spirit in some way (which can be healed and recovered) I can't view or wont view people as evil but recognise that they can do eveil acts, from the small to the global.

mostly i see evil as the opposite of live i know its a play on words (from a dslexic be impressed lol) and it's how we live that matters, our overarching intensions and summasion of action...
and thats all from me on that subject...i don't like giving it too much air space or focusing on it, i would rather focus on being compasionate to others as they have dune wrong and myself in my wrong doings...

celtic

#109149 - 03/02/07 11:39 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

CASIE

went to that link and saved it in favourates so i can look with it at lesure (things are heatic heer) So thanks for the link....I thought it was new or newish but 16th centuary!!!! thats a long time...i looking forwared to reading more thanks again
celtic

#109150 - 03/03/07 01:32 AM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: celtic_flame]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Gimster,I know, I'm a dreamer....but I keep hoping for more hope and light and less darkness and struggle. I've heard a similar quote from Wayne Dyer: When you have a choice between being right and being kind, choose kindness.

Celtic, Glad you liked the link!

#109151 - 03/03/07 03:08 AM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: Casey]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Gimster and all, I believe exactly as you do with regards to Satan and I've never seen anything but kindness in your posts. Thank you for that. I know there are many belief systems that post to this forum. I would fight for the right of those to have the freedom to believe and practice as they want. That's what the United States is all about and I'm proud to be an American citizen and a voter. I'm not to judge others and please forgive me if I do and have, but I can't compromise or accept or condone false teachers and false teachings.

Not being right isn't an option for me. There is too much at stake. I want to know that I know where I will spend eternity so being right is extremely important to me where my soul is concerned. If that bothers some of you, I truly am sorry.

Satan isn't on equal ground with God, though he'd like to be and that's what got the whole thing started in the first place. Satan wanted to be God and to be worshipped. He led a rebellion with the lie, "you too, can be as God". That was the lie in the Garden that He told Eve and is still believed by "Eves" all over the world..."don't listen to God. Eat of this fruit and give some of it to your hubby and the two of you will have all wisdom and truth and will be Gods." They got kicked out of the Garden.

He is a fallen angel, nothing else and only has the power we allow him to have. Just the name of Jesus sends him and all his cohorts running for cover and there is so much power in praise and in the shed blood of Christ. That's why movies like the Exorcist really just made me laugh because as my girls have often heard me say, "That movie could have been a 5 minute wonder". Just the name of Jesus is enough to send demons screaming back to Hell.

My own belief is that the spirit of God actually inhabits the praises of His people.

I was also raised Southern Baptist and am thankful for my upbringing and the knowledge I was given. I presently go to an Assembly of God church. I didn't go to church for a long time, same as you, felt it had become a business with a ceo and/or family affair...now I've come to the place that I hunger for fellowship with believers.

No matter what our differences, we all need each other and need to worship in unison and in spirit and in truth.

There are a lot of people who are offended by the authority given to the believers by Christ. The Pharasees hated Christ because He spoke with so much authority and he was the epitomy of love. It was that same spirit that sent Christ to be crucified. That spirit of anger and deep resentment toward God in the flesh.

I don't want to insult or hurt anyone, that's not my intent. Those who know me well, know I'm a gentle woman, tiny but with the heart of a lioness. I know the truth because I've seen it and experienced it and nothing can deter me from it or detract from it.

If its a tangent that I'm on..count my words then the words of others and you'll see that my posts are relatively short and to the point.

I don't hate anyone and really do care about others, just don't have time for myths and fairy tales, though they are very entertaining and sure won't stand for anyone dissing the one I love most!

I can enjoy the cultural and religious differences in each and all. I think by now everyone in this forum understands that I believe there is only one way to eternal life with God and that is through the blood of Jesus Christ, His son who was God in the flesh and now sits on the right hand of God forever more.

OK, with that, this is the last time I will discus my faith.

#109152 - 03/03/07 11:44 AM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: NewLeaf]
celtic_flame Offline

I don't hate anyone and really do care about others, just don't have time for myths and fairy tales, though they are very entertaining and sure won't stand for anyone dissing the one I love most! NEWLEAFS QUOTE.

Nor should you have to stand or agree with anyone dissing the one you love. (by that i take it you mean jeasus and christion god) As a christion you have as much right to your choice and belife in your god as anyone else has in their right to their god. It's a two way street.....and that respect has been given to you and all other christions that posted and non christion. Overall it's been a reallie good post don't you think?

enjoy your god, your religions teachings and above all else how fitting and right they are for your life. It's one of the points of religion and spirituality to provide some type of framework in which to live a life that brings us closer to the god of our understanding and to the rich fruits of a positive afterlife. (if one belives in such a thing)

No matter what our differences, we all need each other and need to worship in unison and in spirit and in truth.NEWLEAFS QUOTE. In my view thats what the global truth is if we ever to have a better world.

celtic

#109153 - 03/03/07 01:38 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This has been a great post and I'm ashamed I haven't posted in here yet. I've just been reading and pondering.

As far as all the injustice in the world, I thnk it's because God is there for the taking, but not everyone takes. We distance ourselves. He wants us to claim him so there will be more love in the world. When bad things happen like the daily murders in the city, and people ask how can that happen? It's because the ones doing the murdering don't claim God. If he was in their hearts, they would never do such a thing.

#109154 - 03/03/07 05:13 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: celtic_flame]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:

No matter what our differences, we all need each other and need to worship in unison and in spirit and in truth.NEWLEAFS QUOTE. In my view thats what the global truth is if we ever to have a better world.
celtic

There are new churches cropping up across the U.S., mostly filled with younger generations, which have members of different faiths, beliefs, doctrines, etc. and they all worship under one roof. Can you imagine the power that would be generated if we all did forget our differences and worship in unison? Even if we weren't gathered together. I think my God would welcome any love based worship (more specifically love of good and love of our fellowpersons - that would not include free love...lol). WOW, how our words can get us into trouble! No devil worship or such. I have a hard time with pagan worship.

About words getting us into trouble:
In a college speech class, the students had to "instruct" the fellow students in a way that they could follow the instructions to a T. I chose to have them work a puzzle as I instructed them (without a visual). It was so much harder than I ever imagined. I ran into trouble when I told them to put the crescent shaped piece on top of the rectangle, which had previously been placed in a vertical position. One guy in the back of the classroom challenged my instructions and all sorts of problems ensued. "What do you mean by 'on top of'? Do you mean above? Stacked as in layers? Touching? Not touching?" Leave it to a smart guy!I'll never forget that experience.

#109155 - 03/03/07 06:14 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: gims]
NewLeaf Offline

Words certainly can get us into trouble. I have to watch that all the time. I love words and research their meaning just because. Its like a hobby.

I'm a hands on person. Just give me the instruction book and let me do it...

As far as my quote, it true, if all believers in Christ as savior could all gather together and praise His name and desire His will, no matter what their denomination, what a powerful gathering that would be.

As far as pagan worship of Christ, don't think it would happen and I could just see Him holding his head down with his hand behind His ear saying, "I can't hear you..."

Its something I hope for anyway, the day when "every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father."

#109156 - 03/04/07 05:12 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: NewLeaf]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Yep, words are tricky. I love the thought of all of us worshiping in unison. There is great power in that. But what is worship? Does it need to take place in a church, temple or synagogue? Is it in my prayer for healing or in my appreciation of my beloved?

When I am at peace, at a place of knowing that all is perfect right now for who I am in this place, I know my connection to God/dess. There's no striving in it. There's no need to convince anyone (including myself). It just is -- the great eternal now.

#109157 - 03/04/07 06:05 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: Casey]
NewLeaf Offline

Yes, I think that's worship too. There are different kinds of worship just as there are different "gods". If you are at peace within and in that perfect place with and connected to your "god" then you are worshipping it and it likes is very much so will give one the feeling of peace and contentment.

When I worship God, and His son Jesus, there is an overwhelming peace and assurance and feeling of power that is so great and humbling that you just naturally want to share it with others. You don't want them to miss out on it.

So, yes, I understand completely.

Page 5 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved