The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 197 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#109127 - 03/01/07 04:35 PM I do that...Re: Strength, energy, help... [Re: NewLeaf]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
NewLeaf, I deleted an entire letter earlier today. Computers are nice but don't hit the wrong key. My goodness, one day I got something that looked like a foreign language.

#109128 - 03/01/07 04:41 PM Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
My description of God, of course comes from Bible stories, childhood pictures, and paintings that hang on my walls. As God spoke everything into existence, I believe He's in all of everything, one way or another. He's in the trees. He's in the breeze. He's high on a hill. He's here when I'm still. Okay, I'll shut up!!! Love in the Lord!!!

#109129 - 03/01/07 04:43 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: jabber]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
casy

thanks i give it a look up so thanks for posting the link.

Bonnierose333
thats a nice bit of ryme at the end of your post, nicley put.

celtic

#109130 - 03/01/07 05:56 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: celtic_flame]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Casey, in case I forgot to do so, I want to publicly thank you for writing to my Katie while she was away. Your letters meant a lot to her.

Thank you for your thoughtfulness and kindness. Katie seems to be doing fine and seems to have moved out of "Katie Land".

#109131 - 03/01/07 07:10 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: NewLeaf]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I recently came across a phrase that I've been using almost on a daily basis, since. It has embossed itself on my conscious mind.
It made me stop and consider what God is (thus this thread). I thought long and hard about him and how I envision of him... and learned I had to address my need to even have a visual image of him. I, too, had a semi-childhood image - the big Daddy in the sky thing. After thinking quite a lot on the subject, I've come to these conclusions:
I believe God is in all things.
I believe God is in me, as I am in him; he is a part of me and I am a part of him.
I believe God is everywhere... this led me to thinking of him as an all encompassing entity (energy, if you will) and not in a confined form, of any kind. I don't think he has form, as we define it.

#109132 - 03/01/07 07:28 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Gimster, your perception of God makes sense to me. It's like a universal perception of nature.

I posted in another forum about the movie I saw last night. I couldn't stop thinking about it today. It also made me ponder about the injustice in this world, and how very lucky we are to have been born in countries that don't treat women worse than rats in a gutter.

The hypocritical thing is these Moslems do everything in the name of God.

I'm going to post the link here too. Hopefully you will all rent out this DVD. It's mind boggling...and it will make you feel gratitude in a big way.

Link to movies site: Osama

#109133 - 03/01/07 07:37 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: Edelweiss]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I saw the film, too, Hannelore, a year or so ago. I watched parts of it twice. I was so afraid she was going to get caught, especially when making her way through the streets. It made me kind of sick at my stomach. I need to check it out again...

#109134 - 03/01/07 08:28 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: gims]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
It is not just Muslems, however. Many people have been killed in the name of God. And all faiths are involved.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#109136 - 03/01/07 11:54 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: ]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
It also made me ponder about the injustice in this world, and how very lucky we are to have been born in countries that don't treat women worse than rats in a gutter.HANNILORES QUOTE

Did you cheek out the V-day thread that was running in current events, theirs a link to the web page and it's to do with stopping abouse and violences agenst all women.

Weather its in the name of god or not....or in the politices of a countrie or cultural ideals, this type of violence has to be stoped and it's the bussiness of all women everywear to try or do their wee bit to stop it....Their a whole univers of things that can be dune that takes a little of our time or a little effort but collectivly amounts to a whole lot.....(guess what my slant is lol)

its reallie hard to separae religion and politices in terms of what dictates treatment of women in a countrie...but yea i am also reallie glade to be in the countrie i am in with just "our shared" experinces of decriminasion.....Mostly our lives dont hing on it today...(most religions globally,in the past, have hurt or oppresed women or taken their lives in the name of god)

I might try and cheek out the movie. Dose it do or say more than just "this is the trouble thease set of women face" ?
(That type of movie is usefull in itself)

but i agree with ANN327.....this been a great thread for people to safly express their thoughts and ideas on god...and what is extra nice is the overall sensitivity and respect for everyone elses views, long may it continue.

celtic

#109137 - 03/02/07 09:51 AM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: celtic_flame]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Celtic, just want to thank you for bringing to attention the International Women's Day. I'm going to two gatherings here. Hopefully they will have information on these countries where the women are in so dire need.

The movie, Osama, has won a number of international awards. The message conveys the frightening helplessness these women face in their daily lives. Because they are not allowed to work, if a woman becomes a widow, she is doomed to starvation. That's just one of the many unjust laws these women must fight for. But within their country they hardly have a chance; if caught, they are stoned to death.

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved