The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 209 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#109116 - 02/28/07 03:52 PM Re: Strength, energy, help... [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I picture God as the Creator, without form, but light and energy. She/he is all around us, in the wind, in the rain, lightning, all of nature. I see the Creator as I watch my wildflowers springing up under my window; I see the Creator as I watch a hawk soaring on the thermals; I see the Creator in the mountains I see from my front yard; and I see the Creator when I look at my partner or look in the mirror, and marvel at the intricacies of this world.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#109117 - 02/28/07 04:59 PM Re: Strength, energy, help... [Re: jabber]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
I believe that God/dess is a spirit -- neither male nor female -- but the energy of universal, unconditional love. Because I was raised Unitarian Universalist for the first 12 or so years of my life, their teachings have impacted my beliefs. One of the most difficult things for me to wrap my head around is the trinity concept, so I just accept that it works for some people.

I feel very in touch with my God/dess.

I don't read the Bible literally, because of how I was raised and the study that I have been doing over the last few years. But I accept that some people do read the Bible literally.

Like Bonnie, I believe God/dess is in all of us and outside of all of us. S/he is our ultimate connection with each other and when we can see God/dess in each other then we can truly communicate and resonate with each other.

#109119 - 02/28/07 10:25 PM Re: Strength, energy, help... [Re: ]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
how i see the god/ess if i have to think of a mental image is in terms of a large oval opel about 2 feet by one foot wide. As opels are its full of changing and dazzling couler, just like an opel in the sunlight. This is turn is surrounded by a bigger circle of anything from a few feet to floor to celing size and six foot wide, of a translucient indigo purpile (like the spectrum of light thats within clubs, the lazer lights only so vivid and clear) Within the bigger circle of indigo energy thats weer you feel the full force of the uplifting loving almost timeless security that belongs with it. The closer you are to the opel spare the stronger it's you get to feel it. if you weer in the worst negative mood in the world it would still override and uplift you to a more butifull place. I have seen such things and they have been the purest type of energy i have felt. Due to my experinces and i have yet to feel or see anything more butifull then i logically assume that this is what god/ess looks and feels like only in much greater quantities that what i have just described.

If i had to put an image to that devine energy then thats what it looks like to me. (anyone seen any latly?)

The energy is neither male or female to me but both with all the combinasions in between. Thats how it feels to me in conjunction to the feeling of wellbeing.

Questions get answered, more importantly novel solusions to problems seem transparent and like a "oh of course" mental feeling, higher though aint a problem, when within that light. i have even viewed stuff i have dune that has been preety wrong but within that energy then i view my own mistakes and wrongdowings with understanding and compasion.

I could esily say god is that type of loving energy or the sum of all the parts of that energy and it's totality is what we refaire to as godess and leave it at their but i feel their a bit more to it.

I still say that above is true but adistionally it also has it's own inteligences over and above it's loving nature or type of inteligences. It's more a far sighted inteligences than just a loving nature.

It's nature is love; compasion; forgivness to such a degree that as humans we only dream about.... or on our best moment on our best experiences of our best day at the hight of our compasion it's that plus plus 1000 fould . It's inteligences is also loving compasionate forgiving etc. but more much more in the inteligent stackes. I think i am trying to seperate the loving feeling from the loving intent or mind becouse to me it's two features of the same thing.

Are you a part of him, in human form? Is he everywhere, including being parts of you?

Yes i am part of this in humaine form along with all other things, animals, plants, rocks, all of space and time. For me it is this likness to that energy that "we have been created in the image of" not the physical shape of my being. The creative aspect of my self and all sentient beings would be also mirror the creative aspect of the devine energy. This would be a varient or would be diffrent from a rock, the rock is still the same energy but without the ability to create and direct that we have.

Our thoughts create a foorprint or a residue either loving etc. or it's oppisite. Hence adding to the body of god as a whole relative to all it's other parts. Our actions do the same type of thing but amplified becouse in this plane actions have a stronger force or residue than thoughts. We also have a bigger responcibilite over our actions than our thoughts becouse they are willfill. Thoughts can be all over the place and not under our control. So as much as on this plane of living it's ok that our thoughts are as they are (reduce the guilt about them) but we are to a lesser degree dutie bound to bring into aline-ment our thoughts or in other words our mental actions becouse they still contribute to the ovrall energy outputt of us as people.

Thats about as best as i can or am willing to open my hart and mind about this topic at the minuet in such a public way.

GYMSTER i love your line of thinking and sequinces of questions over this topic. I don't recall reading what your answere are to the questions. Have i missed them or are you in the process of expanding your thinking and just thought you would sample the oppinions of those around you to see if it would furtheir your own experinces?

celtic

#109120 - 02/28/07 10:41 PM Re: Strength, energy, help... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

oh i wasent born into that type of religouse thinking. I was born into a cristion familie that took very very seriously its relasionship to god. i really benifited from it. As i grow i noticed that their was sizable contridictions in the teachings as they weer wrriten down and the people that spearheaded or reprisented the religion. I could not reconsile it, i also am in direct contridiction to scrpture teachings with eliments of my life and living. I put a lot of thought and feeling into the delema for a couple of years then took to explorring other religions....i piced together my experinces of spirituality, religions, life experinces and what i have experinced in terms of spiritual episodes found other like minded people and have never been happier. When i view my ch8ildhood christianity in the contect of global religions, spirituality and thought for me now, it's another pathway and set of rules to bring you closer to god...but just not my way. It's just ironic becouse as a child i didn't relize how many other religions weer out their and everything else seemed weired now nuthing seems more weired than anyother hart felt belife....gotta respect all the diffrent pathways was what i concluded

i forgott you had asked that bit gymster

celtic

#109121 - 02/28/07 10:43 PM Re: Strength, energy, help... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

CASEY
if i goggled Unitarian Universalist will i find out more informasion on that religion or can you give a brife summery, it sounds intrestting

celtic

#109122 - 03/01/07 01:51 AM Re: Strength, energy, help... *DELETED* [Re: celtic_flame]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Post deleted by NewLeaf

#109123 - 03/01/07 02:00 AM Re: Strength, energy, help... [Re: NewLeaf]
Casey Offline

Hi Celtic,
Yes, you would find information about Unitarian Universalist and I think you would feel very comfortable there! Here's the URL of their main site: www.uua.org.

#109124 - 03/01/07 02:03 AM Re: Strength, energy, help... [Re: NewLeaf]
Casey Offline

Newleaf,
If you hit reply rather than quick reply, you will see all the faces.

I'm not sure what you are getting at about itchy ears and don't find any reference in my concordance (which, for those who don't know is like an index for the Bible). Can you explain what you mean?

#109125 - 03/01/07 02:45 AM Re: Strength, energy, help... [Re: Casey]
NewLeaf Offline

. Cool, there they are! Thanks Casey, I love the smiley faces and didn't know how to access them. I knew you could choose one of them when you enter a new post, but didn't know how to choose one of them in the body of the text.

I like you Casey. I can't begin to thank you enough for the letters you sent to Katie and how much your contact meant to her. You are a very nice person and I respect you.

I'm just conducting a little experiment of my own. I'll explain later about the question.

#109126 - 03/01/07 04:53 AM Re: Strength, energy, help... [Re: NewLeaf]
NewLeaf Offline

ok, I'm a moron...I hit delete and deleted my post instead of hitting a smiley face. If I could select one, it would be the one with red cheeks.

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 ... 19 20 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved