The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 17 of 20 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 >
Topic Options
#109268 - 03/24/07 11:27 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
What is the role of a minister....to conduct sermones, to preach, to aid individuels in crisis...can they be held accountable to ensure their preaching is of a sutible nature...what current maechinisums are in place when a minister is off on his or her own wee power trip for what ever agenda they have up their sleave....is their any type of complants procidure for want of a better word or term? If a minister is not behaving as he/she should.....or if their preaching is hatefilled or biased or upsetting to manie of the congrigasion...

My church has a commitie of members so any complant would go throw them about her.....is this the same elsewear. I know it would have to be one verie wrongfull stance before anything would be done in terms of her sermons...Obviouslie sexule or physical misconduct is diffrent....but at the idea of thoughts it be difficule besides manie aint tranned enough or feel qualified enough to challenge an oppinion?....would this be the same all over?

#109269 - 03/25/07 09:57 AM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: celtic_flame]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Ministers are called by God, in other words, they can't sleep at night or conduct their daily lives until they surrender to the "call" to preach or evangelize. They have a special mission therefore a special task force of the enemy is attached to those in the place of most authority.

Their task is to undermine, attack and challenge them at their most vulnerable point. That point may vary from man or woman to man or woman. Satan knows the weaknesses of those in authority over others.

It is a serious commitment to God as that I've seen with my own father, to God, to His Word, and to the people God places within his/her realm of contact.

#109270 - 03/25/07 09:59 AM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: NewLeaf]
NewLeaf Offline

Those who are the most vocal and seem the most loving and the most open and understanding and seem to connect at the most basic level that are to be the most feared.

#109271 - 03/25/07 10:05 AM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: NewLeaf]
NewLeaf Offline

I want you all to know that my most beloved grandaughter, Aaliyah almost drowned Friday in the pool of her mother's apartment complex. Just like that the life of a most precious 4 yr. old could have ended without much fanfare or ado.

Her mother turned around just in time to see her grasping for help. There are powerful entities at work to steal, to kill and to destroy all that is precious in your life. They are the enemy of God. If you are bold enough to take a stand for God, then you need to be bold enough and humble enough to get on your knees and ask God to place a protective hedge around those that you love. The enemy of your soul hates you and hates those that you love.

Thank God, Aaliyah is alive and can tell the story of how she almost "drank too much water and went to be with Jesus",,,ladies, please pray for the safety of me and my family.

I'm taking a break from this discussion as it has proved to be more than I can handle alone. Thank all of you for your professions of faith on another forum subject.

I love you all very much. Rhonda

#109272 - 03/25/07 12:18 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: NewLeaf]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Rhonda, I always find it amazing how all our lives hang on thin threads, and how many of us still manage to grow old.
I thank God your grand angel was saved. An incident like that is enough to shake up the hardest of hard souls. Doesn't matter if you hold her extra tightly next time she's in your arms.
Hannelore

#109273 - 03/25/07 10:09 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: Edelweiss]
celtic_flame Offline

Her mother turned around just in time to see her grasping for help.NEWLEAFS QUOTE..

well their still some angel watching over you and yours, just waiting to jump in at the best moment to help in ways they can....thank god she ok..

#109274 - 03/25/07 10:14 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: NewLeaf]
celtic_flame Offline

Quote:

Those who are the most vocal and seem the most loving and the most open and understanding and seem to connect at the most basic level that are to be the most feared.

yea unfotunityly that right amounst abosers generallie they the slickes and most charming most of the time.

the trouble with that is most times so are the good guys, charming and sweet as well. In day and age its hard to tell the diffrences as both are gonna seem most loving of god, most dedicated and would live and die for their faith but who know whats in their harts.

It just makes it doublie hard as a parent to judge caricter on behalf of your kids or yourself for that matter.

#109275 - 03/25/07 10:23 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

There been one bit of reallie good news heer at the weekend.

In westminster London their was a high profile march today lead by the archbishops celibrating 200 years sinces abolusion of slaverie, its a church lead thing appoligising for the churches part in past slaverie.

This type of act of god dose a lot to heal people and today we can rest assured in some sence of saftie that if they relize and admitting their wrondongs from the past then they not gonna recreat the same thing today.

In fact the church is leading a big campain into modern day "types" of slaverie maybee not agenst big organisasions but agenst indivduel gangs abducting and holding young girls and women for slaverie into prostictusion and other sex activites. Even raising awarness of such things in some ways can help change.
Now this is the type of good news thats good to heer that the church has or is spearheading...Now thats a reason to celibrate, on behalf of the girls enslaved and the purpise or drive of the church using its power for positive change..

#109276 - 03/25/07 10:26 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

GIMSTER overand above my own minister (i know what she say about the thread) i found and thought of one good minister that i vagulie know to run the conversasion past....now its just a matter of doing it. Thanks for the suggestion. I couldn't answere or even make a descision straight off as i had to think if i was willing to do it and secondlie who would i talk to....had a pray about it and found the answere to both.

#109277 - 03/25/07 10:49 PM Re: Fully aware of where they come from... [Re: celtic_flame]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I joined a Church last year and attended Bible study and a divorce care course. I thought that all that was said would remain private, instead I discovered that these women would gossip about me, I being the only one w/out children, yet not the only having experienced domestic violence. I was so very offended and hurt and have not been back since October '06. I believe there are 'Christians' that hide behind the Bible and hurt others intentionally just so long as their 'click' allows such behavior. The last time I attended, the women simply walked away from me. Yet, to this day, I know they continue to live in their pasts by repeating their behaviors and partying late on the weekends. I really like that Church, and have thought about going back to service for myself and keep my head high, afterall I'm there for God.

Page 17 of 20 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved