The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#108941 - 02/25/07 02:20 AM What did you do today ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ladies, I don't mean to brag, but by God it was beautiful today! Beautiful blue, cloudless sky, and 65 degrees. Although I bought a new pair of riding gloves (check them out below!), didn't use 'em b/c it was just to warm! Rode through the hills and pine woods. Afterwards, hand fed goats and held the babies; and, saw a fox in the woods behind my house while walking the dawg!

http://www.heritagegloves.com/?p=products&id=84&sid=3

#108942 - 02/25/07 03:03 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Nice gloves. Don't worry, I don't consider it bragging. You're just sharing your joy. Sounds like a beautiful day and a great way to spend it.

Edited by Dotsie (02/25/07 03:04 AM)

#108943 - 02/25/07 03:08 AM Re: What did you do today ?
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Great gloves! Our weather was warm but blustery...storms predicted for tonight...so I stayed in and recovered from my week out of town with my parents, sister, daughter and granddaughter...including taking a short nap...then I went to my other daughter's house for a visit and dinner...very nice day...but no baby goats!

#108944 - 02/25/07 04:43 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Today, I slept until 10:30 (work nights), did laundry, picked up the house (it was heavy!), picked up the yard (it was heavier!), fed my Guenia pig family, played with Dublin and Aaliyah and watched a Lifetime movie while drinking diet Pepsi and eating Cajun Granola, took a nap during Jimmy Neutron with Dublin on one side of me and Aaliyan on top of me......
Took a shower, got dressed and went to work.

All in all, a good day.

#108945 - 02/25/07 10:19 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Mustang...that would be my kind of dream day as well. Sounds heavenly. I think I told you I used to ride alot. If I got on a horse now, my legs would take on the shape of an underground tunnel...and that for weeks.

Those gloves are chic!

#108946 - 02/25/07 09:09 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

This is silly, but those of you who have been around BWS know that I don't tell when I go away. I only tell when I return home.

So, I'm happy to be home. Hubby and I went to a conference in Atlanta. We were there Wednesday night through Friday. Friday, we drove to visit our son who is in college in SC. We took him and two of his friends to dinner Friday night, watched him play a double-header on Saturday, did some tailgating and said so long again. Sigh. Next tiem we see him is for graduation!

We drove back to Atlanta in the rain this morning and flew home to a snow storm. We have about 4-6 inches on the ground. I'm glad they didn't close the airport. Yesterday, while in SC, the temperature was in the high 60s and it was sunny. What a switch. No wonder my son loves the south!

Mustang, glad you got to take advantage of the good weather yesterday too.

#108947 - 02/25/07 09:46 PM Re: What did you do today ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dotsie, I'm near Columbia, is your son nearby? Gosh, I'd hate it that you were near yet so far and unable to connect!

#108948 - 02/25/07 10:28 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Yesterday I was invited to a friend's house to spend the night, go out to dinner, and rent a movie for later that evening. We did and it was great! The movie, if you haven't seen it, was The Illusionist. It was soooooooooooo good and it totally fooled me with the ending. I love it when that happens. What a great movie. The company was also great so I've had a very pleasant weekend. Hope you all have too!

#108949 - 02/26/07 12:43 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: jawjaw]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Yesterday my brother-in-law came up via Seattle from Phoenix to visit us. Then later we met all up for an elegant cake dessert we bought to nursing home along with my partner's daughter and his ex...who happened to have flown in from another province for vacation.

Then afterwards we had dinner at a Japanese restaurant. So yes, cake dessert lst before dinner. Dinner itself was great, ...admittedly socials involving ex, not always entirely normal for everyone. But anyway...it was just timing.

Today I'm puttering away since he will be cycling from Seattle to Vancouver starting tomorrow. I decided not to accompany them in car to Seattle today. It would have been way too short time for us together in Seattle before me heading back tonight ..to go to work tomorrow. Sigh.

But managed to squeeze in a 18 km. bike ride and some food shopping before it started to rain again...

#108950 - 02/26/07 05:43 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: orchid]
NewLeaf Offline

OHMYGOSH, JawJaw, I saw that movie and loved it!! It kept me guessing until the very end. I want to watch it again.

#108951 - 02/26/07 03:17 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I just got home last night from three days at the Booming Women Conference - it was awesome and I'll write more about it later today.

Kathy

#108952 - 02/27/07 06:02 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
NewLeaf Offline

I'm so happy today. Its been a wonderful day. I live in FL and it was close to 80. I slept until noon then opened the windows to let in fresh air, gave my grandaughter a bath and combed her beautiful long hair, washed dishes, did laundry and cleaned my home.

I cooked steak and creamed potatoes, peas and corn and fed the kids. Their friends came over and enjoyed my home and played video games. It felt so good to see Dublin and Aaliyah happily playing.

Then I went to work and one of my customers asked to speak to my supervisor to tell him what a wonderful job I had done in helping him. Its been a good day and I'm thankful for it.

#108953 - 03/01/07 04:32 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I enjoyed our nearly 80 degree weather yesterday. It made taking my dog, Jack, for his walks so pleasant. Today is windy, but still warm.

I slept in just a bit, nearly 9, then got up and did some low back exercises and took my dog for a walk. We waved to neighbors as we passed. Jack brought in the newspaper and I ate my breakfast while my bird, Bailey, ate some pellets.

A great way to start off the day. Spending time with my favorite companions. Puts me in a good mood to start writing.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#108954 - 03/01/07 06:06 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
NewLeaf Offline

Yesterday was the strangest day for me. I finally got to bed at 4:30 am, woke at 5:30 am, made breakfast for the kids, bathed Aaliyah and fixed her long curly hair, picked outfits out for the two of them, made sure they had all their "things" then sent them on their way to school.

Fed my piggy family, went back to bed and slept until noon. The whole rest of the afternoon and evening I was a bear!

Have any of you ever been angry and out of sorts for no seeming reason? I was just raw and even selected a desk at work off all by myself where it wouldn't rub off on anyone else.

Today I'm off and going to buy a good pair of tennis shoes and start walking again. Maybe that will help.

I was so grumpy that I apologized to Dublin and Aaliyah and they both said, "Like we didn't notice". They both have a wry sense of humor...don't know where they got that.

#108955 - 03/02/07 04:56 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
Mercy09 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Today 3/1/07
I had a joyful day! I spent the day with my 82 year old mom, Lola. We drove about an hour to settle on her new home. She is moving to a Lutheran Village home which is a retirement community in PA. This whole process has been a long planned move. The folks at the Village-we jokingly call them-the village people- are all so sweet, sincere and nice. Our family, is so happy to see mom making her own decisions. We talked, settled-she let me write the BIG check and she signed it! We went to lunch, had a great meal and met a personable waitress! We shopped at Wal Mart for a shower curtain and mirror. She bought me stuff! It was just a smooth loving happy day! I feel secure about her plans and am happy for her!

#108956 - 03/02/07 05:05 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: Mercy09]
NewLeaf Offline

Sounds like a wonderful day, Mercy. I'm happy for you and your mom. I'm sure she will be very happy there with the "Village People" (I love that!)

My dad is 81 and my mom is 75. They are a hoot! I love spending time with them, but they're so funny and young at heart that sometimes they make me feel like the older one.

What a blessing to get to spend quality time building memories with our parents. I hope my kids feel that way about me when I'm older..if I make it that long.

#108957 - 03/03/07 01:27 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Mercy, love the village people comment. What a hoot. Your post made me miss my mom. I recall dong the running around stuff with her too and it was such a treat. Treasue these days girlfriend.

While you were out running around with Mom, I was with my dad for part of the day. I took him to get his eyes examined by Ross while I had my teeth cleaned right around the corner. Then we went to lunch with Ross. It was sweet. I absolutely love spending time with my dad. H'es so easy to be around. Sometimes I call him when I'm running errands to Sam's Club or wherever and he'll come along for the ride. Heaven help all of us when something happens to him. All five of his kids call him almost every day becasue he's such a pleasure. Some people think it's weird but why not? I think I'll start a topic about how often we speak to our parents...

#108958 - 03/03/07 06:03 PM Re: What did you do today ?
NewLeaf Offline

Dotsie, I have tmobile with the five favs feature, unlimited talk time with five people you talk to most, each with their own icon and ringtone.

Anyway, mom and dad are among my five and I talk to them on my way to work almost every day. They are so funny and just hearing their voices makes me happy.

My dad still wears Sketchers. Seems no matter what I do or say or fix I get myself into, they always love me and encourage me. I listen to their daily happenings and their trips to the Dr., the antics of their dogs and they keep me up on all the other bros and sis and all their kids.

I don't know what I would ever do without them.

#108959 - 03/03/07 09:29 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: ]
orchid Offline

Squeezed in a semi-short (16 kms.) fitness bike ride, long way up a 10% hill ...to eventually get to the market where we did some weekly grocery shopping. Had freshly baked rosemary focaccia and $1.00 coffee while I heard my partner's bike trip from Seattle to Vancouver these last few days.

Fortunately rain held off during bike ride. Temperature was around 5 degrees Celsius..I guess that's under 38 degrees F.

#108960 - 03/03/07 09:32 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: orchid]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Once again, I shoveled. ARRGGG! "#$@@!!#"

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#108961 - 03/04/07 12:32 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: Anno]
Anonymous
Unregistered

It was windy, thus just a short horse ride today through the woods which are a good barrier against the winds.

#108962 - 03/04/07 03:30 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: ]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I played racquetball! Used to play all the time when we lived in Hawaii, and couldn't find anyone to play with once we moved back. (Not sure how hard I tried...)

But a friend of mine is retired now and her schedule is very flexible, so we're trying to play at least three times a week.

It's very different than it was when I played 10 years ago - we both move a little slower and get out of breath quicker, but we're hoping the more that we play the better we'll get. It's fun, so I love to do it. Most "exercise" is boring so I don't stick with it well.

Kathy

#108963 - 03/04/07 06:33 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
NewLeaf Offline

Good for you! I've always thought it would be fun to play racquetball. I'm not sure I could keep up but it looks like fun.

I'm strapping on the ankle and wrist weights or maybe I'll buy a set of the walking poles and my ipod and take to the neighborhood trail.

I love to walk to hip hop music. The beat is great and the lyrics, depending on the artist, are entertaining.

I want a dog so bad. I'd love to have a puppy to raise and train to go on walks with me. I'd like to have a boxer or a Rotweiler or possibly a black lab.

My husband doesn't like animals or kids...so maybe I'll get a dog and send him packing.

#108964 - 03/04/07 01:22 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
My day yesterday --

Took the dogs for a walk,then a quick stop at craft store, headed to gym for hourlong BodyPump class, grocery store, delivered groceries to neighbor, cooked a casserole and baked a cake, delivered dinner to neighbor, did laundry, etc. It was one of those days when I didn't sit down from the time I got up til I went to bed.....even ate my lunch standing up, while I was cooking the casserole for our dinner.
Today will be much more relaxed!!
Hey New Leaf you're just down the road from me. My younger dog is a handful on walks.....any time you want to borrow her, let me know. She's just a small beagle, but if she sniffs a squirrel (or any other critter) you'd better hang on for dear life. It really becomes an aerobic workout sometimes...I guess that's good for me & her.......

#108965 - 03/04/07 02:01 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Newleaf, perhaps you could adopt a dog, check out www.petfinder.org. There are so many dogs wanting and in need of a good hom. Likewise, there are some husbands with a good home and don't know it, thus perhaps you could adopt him out!

#108966 - 03/04/07 03:35 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Friday night my grandbeauty, Lea, spent the night with Big Mamma for the first time. I wasn't prepared for it all. First of all, her MAMMA called me at 11:00 that night wanting to know how she was doing. I said fine, she asleep. She's doing fine. Mamma said, "Well, I'm not." Oh geeish. The baby is fine but her Mamma was missing her. I told her to take two aspirins and call us in the morning. She did, at 8:00 o'clock.

The next day I decided I needed more Lea time so she stayed the day. While I was rolling my hair, I THOUGHT she was watching Sponge-Bob. She was too quiet at one point, so I went to check on her. She had an entire jar of Ponds cream on her face and was about to eat some of it. We spent some time cleaning that up and giving her a lesson about how bad things like would taste and hurt her tummy. THEN...She decided to stand there and watch me put on makeup. I looked down and she had taken my eye-liner pencial and drawn a map over her entire face. It looked like Mapquest.

I put her on the counter where I could see her every move and finished getting ready. When I was done, she said, "Gan Maw, oou are bootiful." I took her to Wal-mart and bought her stuff.

#108967 - 03/04/07 07:26 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

JJ, I feel like I just took a peak into your home. Can't blame your granddaughter for making herself up; afterall, she is THE princess.

Seven of our family members met in a restaurant by the sea today. After dinner and a little too much wine, we took a walk along the lake. Near a playground we sat down; squishing together on the park bench like sparrows on a branch. Of course there wasn't any more room for our granddaughter, who stood in front of the bench and just stared at the giggling adults in front of her.

Her mother started to sing; "You are my Sunshine." My other DIL pitched in, and of course my Mom and me joined them. Our little baby granddaughter first bobbed her little but up and down to the rhythm of the song. Now if that wasn't cute enough… she actually swayed her chubby hips sideways, back and forth, and around in circles; moving like a little Hawaiian hoola girl!

The way we were singing, between laughter and knee slapping guffaws, people in the park should have picked up their heels and run; but grandbaby stole the show. A group of people gathered, and clapped their hands, getting her to really groove. I couldn't believe it…she's only a year old! My son said he wants to send her to a table dancing Kindergarden school.

#108968 - 03/04/07 07:31 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Oh, Hannelore, at first I thought your son said LAP dancing school. Good laugh on me!

JJ, sounds like you are an adored Grandmother. I spose you had to buy a new jar of Ponds, too.

#108969 - 03/04/07 08:31 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Hannelore, when I finished reading that I was grinning from ear to ear. What an adorable picture you painted! Grannie Annie, you hit the nail on the head. But we were doing Wally World anyway.

The other thing that happened was me getting up in the middle of the night to P and stumbling back to bed I kicked her suitcase, hard. I think I broke a toe. It is all black and blue today.

It probably matches someeeeeebody's butt when fell down some stairs, eh?

#108970 - 03/04/07 08:36 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Oh, I finally found a picture I could relate to for my avitar. Truffles! mmmmm-good!

Today, before I black and blued up by butt, I finished writing my March Newsletter. It always marvels me how you gals can write! It is so much work, for me.

The world is out of whack, huh? Black and Blue butts, toes . . . Who else is a bit battered up today?

#108971 - 03/04/07 08:39 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Gawd...I love that pic. Now I'm hungry for something sweet...and I'm out of Oreos. Dang!

#108972 - 03/04/07 08:53 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Actually, did not want to tell you this, but they are pictures of truffles made of OREOS! Now, aren't you feeling the need to run to the store?

#108973 - 03/04/07 08:55 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Oh wow JJ; did you do the broken--toe-jig? And that silently...not to wake your granddaughter? I've done that...looks sort of like the mask; scream

#108974 - 03/04/07 11:31 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: ]
orchid Offline

Started off fitness cycling ride at around 8:30 am..it's a frequent 40 kms. route that we do which includes 3 long hills with beautiful ocean, mountain and soaring temperate rainforest areas.

Goes through by water shoreline where one can see kayakers and dragon boat teams practicing, through gorgeous residential areas with lovely gardens, past 3 large signature botancial gardens that tourist attractions (1 is free and magnificent), and sweeps through the University by the ocean, high dropping down with mountainviews ahead, past several beaches.

It is my favourite ride and one for visitors to show best views of city.

then grocery shopped at market. Had a lovely piece of Italian grape bread, which is a healthy focaccia baked with grapes and pine nuts. My bike pannier was breaking from food pkgs...

#108975 - 03/06/07 06:57 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: orchid]
NewLeaf Offline

I laughed out loud at work reading your posts Hannelore and Anno. I could just see the little ones and the family.

WoUlD anyone..like to adopt a slightly used husband who really isn't good for much, but he's potty trained and doesn't eat much.

He needs obedience training and hasn't had all his shots and has been known to go out and howl a little too frequently.

He tries to bite the postman and small children. Chases anything in a skirt and hasn't learned yet not to whizz on the electric fence.

Anyone interested please post here and I'll get back to you right away, believe me.

#108976 - 03/06/07 07:00 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
NewLeaf Offline

Ps. Cross stitch, OMYGOSH, you live in Sanford? Whereabouts? My daughter lives there too. Do you know about the shoe warehouse next to WalMart? My favorite place to buy shoes, and shoes and shoes...

The flea market is my next favorite place and Amoura's and Hops. Ever been to Bill and Frank's Brickhouse Grill in Deland?

#108977 - 03/06/07 12:05 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

orchid, your outing sounds out of this world. I hope you don't take your surroundings for granted. Oh how I'd love to repeat that morning with you. It sounds perfect, doesn't it ladies?

Queenie, praying that's the first of many overnights with the princess. Have you thought about writing about your get-togethers to give to her one day? What a gift that would be. Even if you just take notes for now and write more later.

Hannelore, I love dancing children. My sister recently showed me pictures of her granddaughter dancing and she looked so innocent, sweet, and full of life. I would definitely have gathered to share in the joy had I been in the area. Sounds like a lovely intergenerational gathering. I hope you took pictures of the four generations of women.

#108978 - 03/06/07 12:44 PM Re: What did you do today ?
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Hey New Leaf -

Yes I live in Sanford, close to the intersection of 17-92 and Lake Mary Blvd. Very close to the flea market!! Are you talking about the shoe warehouse close to the Walmart over by the Seminole Town Center Mall, the one near the Super Target? Yea I know that store! Have you checked out the shoe dept in the Marshall's there? It's big and they have a great selection of shoes too! I live closer to the Walmart on 17-92 and that's the one I usually go to.
I've been to Hops, but not to any of those other restaurants you've mentioned. Although I went to lunch with a friend in Deland a couple of weeks ago and it might have been the Brickhouse Grill......I can't remember the name of the place. Had to go down steps past a neat mosaic mural and fountains to get to it, and the food was fabulous.
We ought to meet up and spend a day wandering the flea market.........

#108979 - 03/06/07 12:51 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Anno Offline

NL - don't you love it when you can laugh out loud at work?

Orchid, I so admire your biking. I wish it was something that I enjoyed more. What type of bike do you ride? I have been thinking a recumbent bike might work better for my knees. Do you know anything about them?

I see another potential BWS hookup in the works. Is it possible?

#108980 - 03/07/07 04:54 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: jawjaw]
orchid Offline

I've never tried a recumbent bike -yet.

Cycling is actually a sport that runners take up..after they have damaged their knees. Cycling is kinder on the knees but gives you still a cardio workout. But you need to do it on a properly fitted bike for you and also proper use of gears (do you know how to use 12,12,21, 24 speed gears?) to allow you to cycle more relaxed but faster on flats vs. proper granny gearing to help you get up those hills.

Many aches, pains on a bike are due to improper bike fit. Also saddle height and the geometry/length of bike.

Alot bikes are too long for many women's torsos. So a person is too stretched out.

Your knee problems...maybe are bike fit, saddle height and pushing your legs way too hard on your pedals (not using gear properly?). If your thigh/leg muscles feel too tight while biking, then loosen your gearing, if loose, tighten up.

One should shop around in a bike store or 2 and spend some time trying out bikes and asking lots of questions. And walk out if the bike mechanic doesn't treat you well.

Spend a few months and don't get discouraged to find the right bike. It took me 2 years...before I bought my 3rd bike. It finally fitted me. Made such a difference..now I go 20% more mileage and can climb hills better.

Cycling is a sport that women take up from their mid-20's up. I do think it's related to being a solo sport that relies heavily on your mental strength, endurance...and desire to be freed..qualities that women gain over the decades. It is harder for a 17-yr. old girl to cycle 100 kms. vs. a 40 yr. old woman. Trust me. If you have been pregnant and felt all those other natural physical aches...then come on, girl,...you can bike FAR.
Of course, I've never given birth in my life. But you get what I mean.

I was involved in running a women's cycling group for a few years. We had workshops on bike sizing /geometry for women, cycling nutrition, long-distance trip touring by bike, using your bike gears properly, etc. Also had monthly bike rides for women, ranging 30-60 kms. per trip. Some times we ended up at the beach, art gallery or picking strawberries.

#108981 - 03/07/07 04:31 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: orchid]
chickadee Offline

I wonder if biking can remove cottage cheese legs or are they here to stay?
Orchid, what do you think?

chick

#108982 - 03/08/07 02:40 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: chickadee]
NewLeaf Offline

CrossStitch, that would be great. I love flea markets..so hard on the pocketbook, but fun!

Sounds like a good idea. I'm off Thursdays and Sundays. Sundays are best, I go to church then take the kiddies to the flea market for "stuff", you know how that goes...

EM me if you'd like to meet up sometime.

#108983 - 03/08/07 01:08 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Orchid, please hurry and answer chick's post.

With love,
Another cottage cheese sufferer

#108984 - 03/08/07 01:21 PM Re: What did you do today ?
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Hey New Leaf --
sounds good to me! I'm tied up this weekend and the following one (headed out of town to one of husband's fishing tournaments) but I'll email you when I get back and maybe we can meet up one Sunday at the Flea Market.

Don't know what Orchid's reply will be, but from what I've read, regarding the cottage cheese legs........if you're talking about cellulite, nothing really gets rid of it. Toning up the muscles underneath and losing weight helps to tighten the skin and makes the cellulite not as noticable. (Kind of the same thing the lotions that are supposed to remove cellulite do.....tighten the skin and fill in the gaps) If by cottage cheese legs you just mean no muscle tone......well yea biking would definitely build some muscle!!

I'm headed to the gym for half an hour on the elliptical and half an hour on the treadmill.....going to go get rid of some of my own cottage cheese......

#108985 - 03/09/07 04:51 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: chickadee]
orchid Offline

I'm sorry to be tardy...just finishing up supper.

It would take cycling 5-6 times per wk......about 1/2 hr. to 1 hr. each time where you are cycling during the ride with some sweat. My first bike ride after not being on bike for 12 years...was painful. It was 9 kms. long. My first bike trip was Vermont. 500 kms over 10 days..and whole time I didn't understand how to use my 18 speed bike gears to make life easier.

It is true that jogging requires more effort. But for me, I like cycling, because no matter how SLOW you ride, you go farther than jogging..and you can carry weight on your bike rack without damaging your back.

Helps to do overall floor exercises for flexibility, balance and strengthening. I do a boring 1/2 hr. stretching routine (which I'm forgetting to do now) that I've thrown together exercises over the years that cover: some simple yoga (Sundog stretch, mediation-1 leg stand, etc.), tai chi warm-up exercises, 1-2 pilates movements for abs, and other stuff. I don't even sweat...it's helpful to keep stretched and balanced. I did this series ...before we went snowshoeing in the mountains for a few hrs. each day over Christmas holidays.

EAch person is different about cottage cheese cellulite...but think dimpling can be reduced with lots fun workouts.

I have known several people whose figures and lives changed completely as a result of cycling nearly every day AND changing their diet.

It's probably easiest to do this gradually. Just go on the bike..to get a loaf of bread or go to the bank. Keep it simple and explore farther and farther each tiime at your own pace. And in exploring, you FORGET you are exercising.

That's what you want to achieve ...to do something that you love so much, that you forget it's work/exercise. because you're looking at new world/or seeing old world anew, around you...on bike, in jogging shoes, in swimming pool, etc.

Oh yea, since some of you enjoy journalling, keep a bike/walk journal. This is not literature, it's to keep you motivated. Jot down your mileage walked/cycled/swam. And whatever else. You will be surprised by your annual cumulative mileage. I did this for first few years. Parts also became a travel memoir. Learn to cycle by yourself for an hr. or less. You will become a stronger cyclist and will appreciate group rides better, ie. by keeping up with rest of the crowd OR not feel hurt just because you can't keep up. Big deal. Go your own pace.

Yes, at times it's a drag not to have a car, especially when weather is stormy/rotten. But then, I would have other problems.

#108986 - 03/09/07 08:21 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Nothing but worked, no movement but that of my red pen on manuscripts. If my butt gets much wider from all this sitting, well don't know what may happen.....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#108987 - 03/09/07 12:35 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Cycling seems gentle on the body, sorta like swimming. It sounds like so much fun but Baltimore is not cycle friendly. Orchid, I am most impressed with your exercising routines.

For the record, I've heard lots of water is good for the cottage cheese.

#108988 - 03/09/07 11:57 PM Re: What did you do today ?
NewLeaf Offline

How harmful is alcohol to the skin and health? Two glasses of wine a day for me. Would that harm me or make me age faster?

#108989 - 03/09/07 11:58 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
NewLeaf Offline

Oh, and has anyone tried Hoodia? Does it work? What about the gojo berry juice? Does anything work to cleanse the body of toxins, act as an antioxidant and boost energy?

#108990 - 03/10/07 10:49 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
Edelweiss Offline

Someobody open the window! Poooolease!!!!!!

#108991 - 03/11/07 03:16 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: Edelweiss]
NewLeaf Offline

Watch those open windows...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved